their parents...

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
anyone elses relationship badly affected by parents? i think its a universal thing but man its annoying. My GFs parents wont allow her to see me in my town any later then say 6 which is when she has to leave and i understand its a 30 minute train journey but they live in the safest area in miles and nothings is going to happen. they also treat her unfairly with the amount of chores, giving money etc to the other siblings. i mean who sets up an IOU with their kids? that restricts what we can do obviously. so im wondering what are your annoyances with a partners parents and something my friend brought up, would you be the same with your kids? if i had daughters i definitly would lol so im a selfish hypocrite really but i digress...

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Okay not my girlfriends, but if I went out with some girls, we always went by bike. But I had to bring them every time at home, so they were safe. But it was miles away from my house. And if the girls wanted to stay longer or shorter on a party, I had to go too! Finally I said that I won't do that again and you know what, they are cappable to ride their own bike at home alone!

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Welcome to the glorious world of in-laws! :tongue:

Mine are lunatics, but the fact that my wife agrees with me on this point means they don't really come between us. As long as you and your partner see eye to eye on it, there's no reason for unreasonable parents to damage your relationship.

My feeling really is that as long as you have one solid, normal pair of parents between you, you're probably doing better than most couples.

Steve