There is a fat man inside me...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I just spent a week in Europe and lost 10 lbs. I didn't even have 10 lbs to lose. Each time I go to Europe, I lose weight. I recommend you do the same. A nice trip to Europe would serve you well.

Morocco does the trick, too.
I once spent six weeks there and returned thinner than I have been since maybe the 10th Grade.
Some of it was Glspgix's Revenge ... but some was just the very healthy diet, with lots of grains, vegetables, and yes, meat ... but only as a condiment.
(Of course, Morocco, famously, offers more than one type of meat.:cool:)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Jeff, there's a London-based hypnotist named Paul McKenna (hugely successful these days) who has a weight-loss program that I'm interested in.
On his diet (which has nothing to do with hypnotism, BTW), you can eat whatever you want, and whatever quantity you need to attain satisfaction.
But you eat very slowly, and take care to put your utensil down between bites.
And you only eat when you're hungry.
The point is to eat with great mindfulness so that you are fully aware of the sensual experience of eating.
It's said that this kind of eating breaks down the sheer gluttonous impulse to gorge.
Finally, you're eating only the amount your body really needs ... and the emotional reasons for eating are held in check.
(That might mislead; I believe that eating slowly as you do under his instructions, you actually get many emotional satisfactions ... and might really enjoy, say, two chocolates instead of the half box that many of us can cram down before realizing what we're doing.)
I know people who have followed his program and steadily lost substantial amounts of weight and kept it off better than they have done on other regimens.
You might like to click that link and mozy around the site a bit.

D_Theophallus Kneedgroin

Account Disabled
Media
Some bellhops thought so.
(And funny, some of those bellhops like to tip ... and they'll wake you up in the morning, y'know. Rise and pine ...)

that was so..... :rolleyes:

I heard someone say once that, sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty. I have no idea if this is true
One thing that I know works, burn more than you take in.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Oh dear........lol.

Lol?
Anyway, it's true.
He was walking home from a late-night visit to a coffeeshop and some locals sorta made him family.
That happens in Morocco.
You might talk to someone ... this happened to me several times ... and after making the odd disparaging remark about homosexuality, the man would say, "Voulez-vous couché avec moi?"
It was such a knight's move in the conversation, the first time, that I couldn't believe my ears.
But they're not primarily seeking a man ... they're primarily seeking a hole.
Women aren't available ... certainly not like in the west.
So they make do.
But don't suggest any of them are pédés.
Not wise and not safe ... and, they believe, not true.
And they do most often wind up married to women.

Anyway, this is all relevant only because, after two weeks of Blxflxpst's revenge, I was getting more offers all the time.
(I don't think that's a lie.)
I was also mugged for my running shoes.
Lovely country, but don't go alone.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mr. Black, are you still there?

Lisssssten to meeeee....

- - - - - -

First of all, quit eating meat and dairy or cut it waaaaaay back. Make animal products 5% or less of your diet. (You will never get fat or develop heart disease or diabetes -- and your chance of getting cancer goes down to virtually zero.)

- - - - - -

Second of all, buy a LARGE cookie pan with a really good non-stick finish. About $10 at Target.

Third of all, buy a popcorn cooker -- the round one at Target is very good. About $30.

Every time the fat mat starts grumbling, FEED HIM.

A huge bowl of popcorn (you only need one tablespoon of oil to make it). An entire pan of frozen french fries or sweet potato fries. Buy two pounds of green beans at the market and roast them until they're starting to turn black (first rinse and douse them in a little olive oil, salt and black pepper).

Become an EXPERT at roasting vegetables. Roasting makes them sweet, sinful and delicious -- without adding any calories.

These kinds of snacks take a looooong time to eat and are much more satisfying and filling than a bag of potato crisps or a bowl of ice cream. Plus, they're about a quarter of the calories and are healthy for you.

- - - - -

Another trick is to make yourself do a bunch of push ups or run up and down some stairs every time you feel like eating something bad. This is another way of feeding" the fat man because this puts your body in an aerobic zone -- you "feed" the fat man with your own "burning" fat.