1/4 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 rounded teaspoon ground cumin
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
2 cups Hunt’s Honey Hickory BBQ Sauce
1 small yellow onion cut into quarters
2 stalks celery cut into 3 inch segments
1 tsp. salt

* Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
* Place onion, celery, & salt in large pot of water with baby back ribs.
* Parboil thawed ribs for 45 minutes.
* Place ribs in a large baking pan.
* Stir together orange juice, soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, brown sugar, ½ of the BBQ Sauce, and cumin in a bowl until sugar is dissolved, then pour marinade over ribs in pan.
* Cover with foil and marinate for 1 hour.
* Pour remaining sauce over ribs.
* Roast ribs uncovered 30 minutes, then turn over ribs and continue roasting until they are well browned (about 30 minutes more) and marinade is thick and syrupy.
Makes 4 to 6 hors d'oeuvre servings.

Serve with cole slaw and beverage of choice.3

Gourmet
Five Ingredients
May 2005
Epicurious.com © CondéNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
FYI - I adapted the Orange Soy Baby Back Ribs found on Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ice Cubes

Pour water into ice cube tray.
Place in freezer.

Wait.

I should have been a chef.

Jamie Oliver had better watch out! :eek:
This recipe's a keeper. Thanks Gillette! :biggrin1:

A few questions:
Should the water be hot or cold when putting it into the ice cube tray? How full should the trays be?
How long do I wait? :biggrin1:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
So your illiteracy encompasses matters of common culture in addition to general education, I see. Bully for you.

I suppose one might struggle to discern the import of my missives when his view is so obfuscated by cataracts of ignorance...or willful stupidity, however the case may be. Such inadequacies in your perception, however, are in no manner indicative of any existence of analogous shortcomings in my diction.

Go back to your rocking chair, pops...you're way out of your league here. Or stick around...with you underfoot, I needn't pay heed to the depth of whatever shit I may be stepping in.

I understand each one of those words by themselves, but you've managed to string them together into an incomprehensible mess that is as near devoid of meaning as anything I've ever read. I'd advise you to be careful with your use of the word "obfuscate." You might be embarrassed to discover that you're actually doing it more than denouncing it.

Your writing is pompous, stilted, awkward, and poorly composed. You have a lot to learn. The only thing you've managed to do is pack a massive abuse of the concept of language itself, especially English, into two paragraphs of dolled - up horseshit.

If I were you I wouldn't discuss the adequacy of others' educations, either. It belies a fundamental disrespect for others, a meanness of spirit whose scope goes way beyond your enmity for me. I used to write like you. When I was seventeen. Before my freshman English professors started handing back big red "F"s and telling me to tone it down.

Your communication skills are nil. Just because you can run down the catalog of three- and four-syllable words doesn't mean you actually are capable of using them to say anything. I would call your blatherings verbal pyrotechnics, but your powder is wet, Tex.

I await your reply with 'bated breath.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Am from the deep south...

child hood sandwich memories...

fried balogna and mayo on white bread
ham, dicked pineapple and mayo (of course on white bread)
peanut butter, banana and of course mayo on white bread

amazing we made it out alive isn't it?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Haggis is to Scotland the same as 'Possum pie is to the South in the USA. Then there's Durian Fruit in Asia, or Marmite in Austraila. How so ever, some people can't tolerate sea slug or tripe.

I often find myself hungry and put together the following...

mayo and tuna fish and blue cheese (all neatly mixed, but still chunky. Some hot sauce. Some black pepper. Use it as a dip with potato chips. Goes well with wine.