There's a new troll in town!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've gotten PM's from mr deawayne, too -- and "troll" is a little strong to describe the behavior. It sounds like he's acting out of loneliness and desperation for attention, and not out of deliberately wanting to piss people off. (DC_DEEP's pointed out that when asked to leave, he does -- not a characteristic of most trolls.)

I imagine some kid living in a household so repressed they don't even allow punctuation*, who just discovered masturbation last week, and is in too big a hurry to find out what else is out there.

* after all, Jesus ain't never had no periods, neither!
I have to admit, mindseye, I perhaps posted too quickly, and actually felt a little bad about it (not too much, but just a tiny little bit) because he did back off.

Perhaps I was just annoyed that he insisted I drop everything, and do his bidding, for his enjoyment, on his timetable. I couldn't click on any other links without the "new PM" popup interrupting me, and when I said "I'll think about it," his response was "no, answer me right now"...

Now, the other one who may or may not be a troll, in the other thread, who refuses to answer direct questions, denies logic when you beat it over the head with facts, and insists on arguing a non-topic and thread derailment, well, maybe we should keep an eye on it.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now, the other one who may or may not be a troll, in the other thread, who refuses to answer direct questions, denies logic when you beat it over the head with facts, and insists on arguing a non-topic and thread derailment, well, maybe we should keep an eye on it.

I know the pipsqueak you're talking about, and there's definitely a signal-to-noise ratio problem there. Argumentative is not the same as disruptive per se, but the hollow-er the argument and the less substantial the points raised, the less distinct the two are.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know the pipsqueak you're talking about, and there's definitely a signal-to-noise ratio problem there. Argumentative is not the same as disruptive per se, but the hollow-er the argument and the less substantial the points raised, the less distinct the two are.
<sigh> and I just saw that a reincarnated troll got re-banned. It never ends, does it? And the pipsqueak is walking a fine line. I still think it may be one of two dead trolls back to haunt us.

By the way, you think any of those trolls would have the balls to take that attitude with a gayboy like you or me in real life?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
By the way, you think any of those trolls would have the balls to take that attitude with a gayboy like you or me in real life?

I teach a course in proof, so I receive a lot of (unintentional) bad reasoning. Still, if I got to read something like:

6. Show that a bridgeless connected graph G contains a strongly connected digraph.

Who cares if it's strongly connected? A graph doesn't have to be strongly connected to have a career! QED! QED!
I'd know exactly what to do with it. In academia, all my trolls are disposed of at the end of the term.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I teach a course in proof, so I receive a lot of (unintentional) bad reasoning. Still, if I got to read something like:
Heheh, you misplaced a quote tag... I wanted to quote your example, it made me laugh. When I saw the "QED! QED!" part, for some silly reason, I heard it in my mind with Granny Clampett's voice, like when she was hollering for Jed.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The net wouldn't be half the fun it was if we didn't have the trolls around to make us feel all super intelligent.

I have to agree. And, I know this might get me flamed a bit (Stop! Drop! And Roll!), but I can't help but feel a little sorry for them. It kind of feels like kicking that one kid in school while he's down, you know the one that is really irritating and kind of smells funny, but he has that sad, vacant little look in his eyes and is always by himself at the lunchtime so you can't do it so you sneak him your snack cake instead? True story. Yes, hello, everyone. My name is Honey,and I'm a woosaholic.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to agree. And, I know this might get me flamed a bit (Stop! Drop! And Roll!), but I can't help but feel a little sorry for them. It kind of feels like kicking that one kid in school while he's down, you know the one that is really irritating and kind of smells funny, but he has that sad, vacant little look in his eyes and is always by himself at the lunchtime so you can't do it so you sneak him your snack cake instead? True story. Yes, hello, everyone. My name is Honey,and I'm a woosaholic.

Yes, and thank you for the cake but I would have much preferred some Hohos. That smell was Vicks vapor rub by the way.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Every time I see this thread I hear the Eagles.

Yes, and thank you for the cake but I would have much preferred some Hohos. That smell was Vicks vapor rub by the way.

LOL! Your game is on today, Earl. :biggrin1:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Heheh, you misplaced a quote tag... I wanted to quote your example, it made me laugh. When I saw the "QED! QED!" part, for some silly reason, I heard it in my mind with Granny Clampett's voice, like when she was hollering for Jed.

Heh. You know I'll be calling him Qed Clampett from now on! ;)

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Hmmmmm......now I am disturbed. The smell of vicks has always been a huge turn-on. Great, now I'll have to start my therapy from the beginning! :lmao:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After wldhoney agreeing with me I have to agree with her, I sometimes feel sympathy for trolls, we all know they're sitting alone night after night with no friends because of their social inadequacy and the nearest they get to sex is wanking while wearing their mum's knickers. They come on the net and try to wind people up because it's the only way they can feel they're having any effect on other people, and from the sometimes very long nature of their posts and the amount of posts some of them make we can all see how much work they put into it, but social inadequacy is a disability and I'd like to feel if it was one of my kids who was making an arsehole on the net people might err on the side of charity and see that this was a person in need who didn't have the vocabulary to express that need, that what they craved for was a feeling of belonging anywhere, even on the net, but that they didn't have the capability to converse in a normal way. Think of it as an extension of care in the community. We can be charitable to people who've been in hurricanes, in natural disasters, struck down by diseases or born with disabilities, really trolls are just another section of society who are challenged.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps, honey and princess. But I think most of us with intelligence above that of a turnip can tell the difference between the "pitiful ones" and the "aggressive hateful ones." I do usually have a little pity on the pitiful ones. But I have no qualms about throwing stones at the other ones.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Perhaps, honey and princess. But I think most of us with intelligence above that of a turnip can tell the difference between the "pitiful ones" and the "aggressive hateful ones." I do usually have a little pity on the pitiful ones. But I have no qualms about throwing stones at the other ones.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Yes, DC, you have a point. Some of them are pretty spiteful and mean. I just have a hard time being spiteful back. Otherwise I just feel bad the rest of the night because I don't know if this person is going thru a difficult period or has had a lousy life. Comes with my occupation, I guess. Of course, I haven't be attacked by a troll before and would probably ignore the conflict.

Hey, earllogjam, if I supply the HoHo's and the vapor rub, will you be my bodyguard? :tongue: