There's a Spider in me Bathroom What Ima gonna do?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm going to let him live. It looks like a Daddy Long legs, Cellar Spider. From what I read they are not harmful to humans. They are good to keep other pests away so I will let him stay.

He looks like this one that I found on Google. He is small and mostly legs.

Attachments

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I generally get out my shoe and smash them. Outside, I leave them be (unless black widows) but in the house... nope, nadda, no way... all spiders are dead if I can get them.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yah, that thing would be dead if it was in my house. It can crawl out of your shower any time after...it'd probably be crawling on/in your bed when you're sleeping. Eck...

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mem,

if you let the spider get big enough maybe it can kill the rats. Ben vs Spider *insert battle scene score* to the death!

ml
anyone else picturing HellsKitchenMan trying to stab a spider with a sewing needle? cuz it's working for me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to let him live. It looks like a Daddy Long legs, Cellar Spider. From what I read they are not harmful to humans. They are good to keep other pests away so I will let him stay.

He looks like this one that I found on Google. He is small and mostly legs.
Kill it! Kill it now! Windex just annoys them, I find a squirt or two of Clorox Clean-Up stops them dead. Then turn on the shower and wash him down the drain. He is not your friend, don't name him. He is an arachnid and he is on your territory, he has to go. :angryfire2:

zap it with radiation then get it to bite you.
:rofl:
Can't you just see Mem in a red leotard :lmao:

I generally get out my shoe and smash them.
Outside, I leave them be (unless black widows) but in the house... nope, nadda, no way... all spiders are dead if I can get them.
If it's crawling, in my house, and it's not wearing a diaper, it dies. :cool:

FWIW: Back in the 1970's my dad his own exterminating company. It's motto was "Death to Vermin" maybe thats why I have no tolerance for bugs, insects, or critters inside. Inside is my territory, not theirs.:mad:

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kill it! Kill it now! Windex just annoys them, I find a squirt or two of Clorox Clean-Up stops them dead. Then turn on the shower and wash him down the drain. He is not your friend, don't name him. He is an arachnid and he is on your territory, he has to go. :angryfire2:

:rofl: Can't you just see Mem in a red leotard :lmao:

If it's crawling, in my house, and it's not wearing a diaper, it dies. :cool:

FWIW: Back in the 1970's my dad his own exterminating company. It's motto was "Death to Vermin" maybe thats why I have no tolerance for bugs, insects, or critters inside. Inside is my territory, not theirs.:mad:

What if I were crawling on your floors like a kitty? Would you kill me?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
should'a let the rat eat it. If you stop killing things you might have an ecosystem independent of the outside world.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Let the spiders live. I like spiders and if one is in the house and it's not cold outside I'll catch it and put it outside. Do we have to kill everything that moves? Black widows, ok kill 'em. But 99 percent of spiders are harmless.

When we moved to Florida the big palmetto bugs were a problem. Essentially they are huge cockroaches. Everybody in the neighbor had a service to spray poison or DDT or whatever around the house, inside and out.

My Mum wouldn't have that so she got a couple of big grey Wolf spiders and let them loose in the house. They did a great job on the other bugs. There were no roaches in our house. The only problem was that once in a while you'd open the cupboard door below a bathroom sink and there would be a 3 inch furry spider sitting there. LOL. My high school gf's wouldn't go in the bathrooms at my house.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No problem Kotch. Please keep the lighters away from the gas mains. Patchos is a radical woman. Save the blowing things up for items other than the house. Catch and release is far safer for the family.

Easiest way to catch a bug is.. take a clear water glass and put it on top of the critter. (upside down!) The take a stiff piece of paper and slip it between the surface (wall, table, floor) and the glass rim. Voila.. you have a trapped bug and can take outside for humane release.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
See there is a small problem with the whole catching thing... I stop breathing if I get too close to a spider bigger than say, a bottle top, and unless fear kicks in to the point where I can run, I freeze and pass out. This doesn't happen with the larger hairy variety (unless its a poecilotheria regalis) but me and your bog standard house spider just isn't going to happen.

You should dial 999 and ask for the fire brigade, I'm sure if you explain about the alternative method with the hairspray and stuff they would be more than willing to help :biggrin1:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OMG, I don't know what it is with the spiders in Bristol, but they do get HUGE!

My arachnaphobic sister and her gay lodger emerged from the house with a giant spider who's legs could span a small dinner plate perched on the end of a feather duster held at arm's lenght. Some passing labourers came over to see what the fuss was about. They ran off when they saw it!