there's a thin line

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate when people bash Freud for cocaine. Everyone did that stuff then, it was fashionable. It's like discrimination for smoking a cigarette...oh wait.

While I agree that some of his views on women were rather shortsighted, the man achieved a lot and had a lot of radical new ideas that laid the basis for modern psychology. Next you're going to bash Darwin for having a beard -- or Issac Newton for having a powdered wig. The achievements and the significance of these men's lives outweigh your bashing by a million fold. They discovered things at a level not paralleled in at least a century. Give credit where credit is due.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I hate when people bash Freud for cocaine. Everyone did that stuff then, it was fashionable. It's like discrimination for smoking a cigarette...oh wait.

While I agree that some of his views on women were rather shortsighted, the man achieved a lot and had a lot of radical new ideas that laid the basis for modern psychology. Next you're going to bash Darwin for having a beard -- or Issac Newton for having a powdered wig. The achievements and the significance of these men's lives outweigh your bashing by a million fold. They discovered things at a level not paralleled in at least a century. Give credit where credit is due.

Cocaine influences the mind and it's ability to function. It does make a diff if you strongly base beliefs on what an abuser has deducted. Also, Freud said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Your instant bashing of me doesn't change facts. The additional lashing you gave shows some weakness on the part of your argument.