"There's no such thing as 100% Straight"

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I have seen this opinion espoused many times on this site by some Gay men. Yet I have never seen the same people question whether there is such a thing as 100% Gay.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have seen this opinion espoused many times on this site by some Gay men. Yet I have never seen the same people question whether there is such a thing as 100% Gay.

A few have, maybe 3 in the year or so I have been a member. I find that statement almost as annoying as gay men who only pursue straight/married men. :mad:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting food for thought. I think its natural for one to explore ones sexuality either by thoughts or by actions. Its basic human nature.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I totally agree, Drifterwood. As a very happy 100% Gay man, I find that statement (NOT a fact) that NO guy is 100% Straight as insulting as the one that says to a 100% Gay guy "You just haven't found the right woman". It ain't gonna happen with me, not even with a strap on.

I find njqt466 one of the hottest women on this site... but she and I would just not get far in the bedroom unless there were at least one truly bisexual man in the bed with us. She knows I love and respect her, I think she's got one of the sexiest and truly nasty mind's here, as well as a killer bod, which makes her as close a candidate as possible to 'turn me'. And I think if we double-teamed we'd be unbeatable.

But that isn't the same as being my 1% but possibly close.:tongue:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gay, straight...these are just labels. They're idealized constructs...abstract models created to represent our understanding of human behavior.

The notion that any person will line up perfectly with any defined paradigm is just silly. It isn't a fault of the subject that he doesn't fit precisely into a particular box...it's a fault in the design of the box.

FelixM

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am 100 % gay......I have never been attracted to women in my whole life....I knew i was gay when I was 10 years old because i used to check out other guys in my classes at school

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Gay, straight...these are just labels. They're idealized constructs...abstract models created to represent our understanding of human behavior.

The notion that any person will line up perfectly with any defined paradigm is just silly. It isn't a fault of the subject that he doesn't fit precisely into a particular box...it's a fault in the design of the box.

I am 100 % gay......I have never been attracted to women in my whole life....I knew i was gay when I was 10 years old because i used to check out other guys in my classes at school

Fair point HG. And as Felix says, I have never had any sexual attraction to other men, no matter how much I might like/admire them as people or even appreciate their physique as a man, label or no label for whatever that means.

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i belive if someone says they are 100% something you should take their word for it. On the other hand human beings are so complex, it is hard to believe one can be 100% anything. That would the fallacy of black and white reasoning. I prefer to see shades of grey.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The inverse opinion is common but phrased a different way. I'm sure you've heard people insinuate that being gay is a lifestyle choice, not something anyone is born with, and something that you can be one minute and not be the next. Many believe that to not be gay is simply a matter of resisting temptation or of being "cured" back to straightness, through brainwashing, prayer, or seeing a really hot woman naked. By obvious extension, these people are saying that there is no such thing as 100% gay, rather everyone is straight with occasional lapses into sin, waywardness, and homosexuality. Both these types of threads and the "there is no 100% straight" kinds of threads are commonplace and (IMO) extremely played out here.

Though creating one type of thread and titling it as if it were the other is sort of novel.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
The inverse opinion is common but phrased a different way. I'm sure you've heard people insinuate that being gay is a lifestyle choice, not something anyone is born with, and something that you can be one minute and not be the next. Many believe that to not be gay is simply a matter of resisting temptation or of being "cured" back to straightness, through brainwashing, prayer, or seeing a really hot woman naked. By obvious extension, these people are saying that there is no such thing as 100% gay, rather everyone is straight with occasional lapses into sin, waywardness, and homosexuality. Both these types of threads and the "there is no 100% straight" kinds of threads are commonplace and (IMO) extremely played out here.

Though creating one type of thread and titling it as if it were the other is sort of novel.

You need to read the OP, NIC.

Drifter has never seen THE SAME PEOPLE espouse that you cannot be 100% Straight AND that you cannot be 100% gay - in other words he is saying that the people who come up with the You can't be 100% Straight DO believe you can be 100% gay and he is implying the question 'is this not a bit contradictory?'.

Edit: Nor, by the way, is there any opinion stated by the OP on anything other than his own sexuality. I don't see where you are getting that this is a "You can't be 100% gay" thread.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

My 1% straight is allocated for thinking about doing it with a woman. But that is as far as it goes.

I don't hate women. I don't have vagina envy. I find that women are different. But hey, I am different.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh - so you were going off on a tangent on purpose.

I still don't see how you got that this is a thread about how you can't be 100% gay.

It wasn't a tangent at all.

It was a very short OP so I don't know how you're confused.

Drifterwood stated that he sees "There's no such thing as 100% Straight" posted a lot by people on this site.
He said that he doesn't see "There's no such thing as 100% Gay" posted by people on this site.
I responded by informing him that, yes, in fact "there's no such thing as 100% gay" is posted on this site with frequency, albeit with slightly different phrasing. Both arguments are asinine and both get repeated too often.

I then questioned why he was creating a thread which was really about being 100% Gay or people questioning/not questioning that... and then putting a title on the thread that would make it blend in with the 46 other "there are no straight men" threads with similar titles.