They Ain't So Great!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which celebrity (actor, musician, singer, dancer, presenter, etc) do you think ain't so great?

I just watched Michael Buble sing Me & Mrs Jones. Was a very quiet, 'safe' performance with no real loud or interesting notes. Whereas the Daryl Hall (with his friend Mr Oates') version is so much better. Daryl Hall would kick Michael Buble's arse :tongue:

Michael Buble ain't so great!

Your turn. Vent about the people everyone goes ga ga over but you can't stand ;)

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that most " artists " in today music sucks . I prefer the 80's and 90's music . So many current artist to being mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:. Movies actors there are aslo tons of them .

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry but I for one cannot understand why Jack Black is so popular....he keeps playing the same thing over and over again in the movies. I just don't get it.

Also, I'm tired of Philip "See-more of me" Hoffman, someone who I think is overrated.

Now don't even get me started on those nothing but speed bump worthy Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie types.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Which celebrity (actor, musician, singer, dancer, presenter, etc) do you think ain't so great?

I just watched Michael Buble sing Me & Mrs Jones. Was a very quiet, 'safe' performance with no real loud or interesting notes. Whereas the Daryl Hall (with his friend Mr Oates') version is so much better. Daryl Hall would kick Michael Buble's arse :tongue:

Michael Buble ain't so great!

Your turn. Vent about the people everyone goes ga ga over but you can't stand ;)

Michael Buble sucks. He's absolutely atrocious and boring.

Add to that...

Amy Winehouse
Charlotte Church
Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and their ilk
Fergie

There are plenty more.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay I know that they aren't anything special but they think they are...who you might ask....Any reality show participant! You've had your fifteen minutes of fame people now get off my airwaves!

Snoozan, I totally agree about Fergie!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Michael Buble sucks. He's absolutely atrocious and boring.
Add to that...
Amy Winehouse
Charlotte Church
Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and their ilk
Fergie
There are plenty more.

I'm not nuts about Michael Buble, but some of the performances stand out from the rest. (Actually, not to compare the two, but I found even a lot of Sinatra performances meh, and then there would be something that really resonated.)

I think Amy Winehouse has done some very good stuff. I think it would be easier to like her if you weren't hearing so much more about her totally fucked-up life than her singing.

I want to kick her butt as much as I want to listen to her.

But to each his own ...

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I used to be a big Hall and Oates fan and I don't remember them doing that song. Billy Paul did it in the early 1970's. Buble is a good overall performer, but I don't think his voice is anything special. He has charisma and the ladies like him from 18-80.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, Hall & Oates are my "They ain't so great!" group! I've never liked ANY of their songs.

Michael Bolton is another one. As well as Bob Seger (although one or two of his songs are ok...) Oh, and I agree about Nickelback, too...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:eek:

Their songs aren't well written but Daryl has an amazing voice! And certain songs are really awesome. They're not all hits although I agree they have a low hit:so-so ratio.

The Me & Mrs Jones is a live version, not sure if it was ever put on an album or even where it was recorded. I can find out later though. Maybe I'll post some sound clips so you can hear what I mean.

Add to 'the list':

Apologize, by 'Timbaland' (it can be songs too)! Anything that ain't so great but everyone else thinks is the dog's bollocks.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not nuts about Michael Buble, but some of the performances stand out from the rest. (Actually, not to compare the two, but I found even a lot of Sinatra performances meh, and then there would be something that really resonated.)

I think Amy Winehouse has done some very good stuff. I think it would be easier to like her if you weren't hearing so much more about her totally fucked-up life than her singing.

I want to kick her butt as much as I want to listen to her.

I try to ignore her personal drama, and know very little of it. The last photo I saw of her was in a bra and jeans where she looked like a skeletal old grandma.

The thing is, though I like a few of her songs, the real credit, I think, goes to her producer, Mark Ronson, and The Dap-Kings, the band that backed her on a lot of the tracks on her latest album. If you have a listen to the Dap-Kings on their records with Sharon Jones, you really get to see what they are all about and hear a woman who can really sing.

was this sarcasm? if not, can i get in your pants? bliss has this great photo of my tits that she can't get off of her phone, but when i get it i'm going to waggle it at you.

badboybryce

LPSG Legend
Media
The first names that popped in my mind are: Ashley Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, & Britney Spears. No one is interested in your non-talent having asses. We don't care about your stress-filled lives filled with drugs, cosmetic surgery, sexcapades, etc (all of which you try to deny).

Media
I know loads of people are gonna hate me for this (especially those from the states) but I think THE KILLERS are one of the most overrated bands in history!
They are an obscenely bad live act and, with the exception of Mr. Brightside, their songs are just boring.
I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Also,

KATE NASH, wtf is that about?
pure unadulterated wank!
die!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rene Zellweger - how did this woman get an Oscar? She seems to just play herself in ever movie she appears. Is this the mark of a great actor?