They Ain't So Great!

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Kevin Costner. Who the hell told him he could act?

Tom Cruise. His ex-wife is a much better actor and less cuckoo.

Carmen Electra. What does she do?

Rod Stewart: I didn't like him when he was singing "Do ya think i'm sexy?" (no) and don't like him any better now that he's singing Mel Torme and other classics.

Paul McCartney: This should make me instantly unpopular. Aside from a couple songs, he's done nothing but crap since the Beatles.

Godsmack: For covering "Good Times Bad Times". Worst thing you can do when covering a classic song? Make it uninteresting.

Donald Trump: He may be wealthy but he's still an asshole with bad hair.

Mel Gibson: I liked him until the "sugartits" and "Jews are evil" tirade.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Kevin Costner. Who the hell told him he could act?
Tom Cruise. His ex-wife is a much better actor and less cuckoo.
Carmen Electra. What does she do?
Rod Stewart: I didn't like him when he was singing "Do ya think i'm sexy?" (no) and don't like him any better now that he's singing Mel Torme and other classics.
Paul McCartney: This should make me instantly unpopular. Aside from a couple songs, he's done nothing but crap since the Beatles.
Godsmack: For covering "Good Times Bad Times". Worst thing you can do when covering a classic song? Make it uninteresting.
Donald Trump: He may be wealthy but he's still an asshole with bad hair.
Mel Gibson: I liked him until the "sugartits" and "Jews are evil" tirade.

Wow. I agree with everything except Godsmack. And I don't disagree about them ... just don't know a thing about them.
(Note about Cruise: Did you see Eyes Wide Shut? Proves your point beyond all cavil, Bliss. [However, to say she's less cuckoo is almost cruel ... who wouldn't be?:biggrin1:])

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Marisa Tomein poisoning She's just ghastly and an Oscar for My Cousin Vinny???? That wasn't acting folks! It' like giving an Oscar to Keanu for playing a gay stoner surfer.

Sometimes Oscar gets it wrong and they did that time.

One is Michael, the other is Daryl. Who's better? You decide!

I liked the first one better. Sounded like Daryl Hall to me. The other one was awful if that was Michael Buble.

Garth Brooks - nauseating banality.

He's awful. I can't figure how he's sold more records than anyone.

I've never really gotten Madonna, though I admit she does quite a number of things reasonably well.

I liked her 80's up to maybe mid 90's music. Her movies suck.

But Streisand for me is in another category.

Amazing voice but a boring movie career. The only two I liked were What's up Doc? and Yentl.

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Fair enough his solo stuff is crap

but 'a couple of songs' no. His songs are brilliant for the Beatles.

my list of people I think are shit is far too long

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Fair enough his solo stuff is crap,
but 'a couple of songs' no. His songs are brilliant for the Beatles.

She means a couple of songs since the Beatles split up, Geordie.

sweatyblackballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Which celebrity (actor, musician, singer, dancer, presenter, etc) do you think ain't so great?

I just watched Michael Buble sing Me & Mrs Jones. Was a very quiet, 'safe' performance with no real loud or interesting notes. Whereas the Daryl Hall (with his friend Mr Oates') version is so much better. Daryl Hall would kick Michael Buble's arse :tongue:

Michael Buble ain't so great!

Your turn. Vent about the people everyone goes ga ga over but you can't stand ;)

This shows a lack of true knowledge of singing and showmanship and vocal agility. It takes a great deal of power and restraint to sing the way an artist such as Buble does ... High notes and belting are not what singing is about .... how about emotive ability and quality

njreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Elvis Presley...ugh! He might have been different in his early days, but sure as hell not talented. He's like Nickelback (or they like him) in that all the songs sound alike.

And thank you, Pecker, for mentioning Ben Affleck and David Caruso. They play the same character over and over and over.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This shows a lack of true knowledge of singing and showmanship and vocal agility. It takes a great deal of power and restraint to sing the way an artist such as Buble does ... High notes and belting are not what singing is about .... how about emotive ability and quality

Did you listen to the clips I attached? There was no emotive ability or quality either! He sounded half asleep and seemed to stumble through the song.

PS here is the video:

YouTube - Michael Buble Sings "Me and Mrs Jones" Live on TMS

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow. I agree with everything except Godsmack. And I don't disagree about them ... just don't know a thing about them.
(Note about Cruise: Did you see Eyes Wide Shut? Proves your point beyond all cavil, Bliss. [However, to say she's less cuckoo is almost cruel ... who wouldn't be?:biggrin1:])

Eyes Wide Shit? You bet I saw it. Not Kubrick's finest work. It could've been a good movie and that's what irritated me most. Instead he made it more melodramatic than The Shining. Sigh.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eyes Wide Shit? You bet I saw it. Not Kubrick's finest work. It could've been a good movie and that's what irritated me most. Instead he made it more melodramatic than The Shining. Sigh.

The Shining... Jack Nicholson was good in it. So were the twins on the tricycles - there's something kink-ily symbolic in that.

But Shelly Whatsherface (the chick who played Olive Oil) completely ruined it. Book was waaaaaaaaaaay better.