They Sell Speedos?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by heavy-chevy, Aug 6, 2010.

1. heavy-chevy

heavy-chevy Member

Albums:
    I was in Wildwood, NJ earlier today and I was walking along the boardwalk checking out all the shops. Now this place is huge and there must be at least 100 stores that sell t-shirts and swimsuits. But when I got to the end of the boardwalk I found one small store that had a bunch of items on clearance. On one small rack were a bunch of assorted bikinis. At first I thought they women's clothes but they didn't have matching bras so I put 2 and 2 together.

I didn't get any because I've already got some but I was tempted. I'm just surprised to see someone actually selling speedos in Wildwood when everyone else wasn't. Has anyone else seen this anywhere else on the Jersey Shore?

2. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

if nobody else sold them, that store had a virtual monopoly on the speedo market. start store manager.

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I grew up in the Atlantic City area. The coastal towns in NJ do a lot of summer business with French Canadians who like to wear Speedo type swimsuits on the beach.

4. john_hiemer

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If half the people in Wildwood wore speedos, the beaches would be closed for vomit contamination. There's just some things about a fat balding middle-aged hairy italian man that needs to be kept in private.

5. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    It's one of the confusing things to me about the American psyche - I can't understand the surprise that a beachside swimsuit retailer would be selling speedo-style swimwear.

The other thing that is sad, is that the store with the monopoly on them is having to "clearance sale" them, because they are obviously not selling!

Draft saved Draft deleted