Thin women look better clothed, larger women look better naked?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I am not saying that thin women don't look good naked, nor that larger women don't look good clothed, but I am wondering if they each look better as in the title and what that says about our stereotypes.

Larger ladies should go naked :biggrin1:

Yeah yeah, so should "larger" men. :rolleyes:

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I only go naked with my husband, and it took 6 months of knowing him before that happened with the lights on! Us larger ladies are, generally, not as confident with our bodies as the slimmer girls because of the constant stereotyping of how women should look by the media and other men and women. It still suprises me when any man finds me attractive, it still suprises me that my 28yr old, slim, blue-eyed nearly ex (if he dosent buck his ideas up) husband can get a huge erection just by looking at me!!!!

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Healthy women look just as good, if not better, nude as they do clothed. Unhealthy women should keep the threads on.

I agree with Gillette on part of this. All healthy women look good without their clothes on whether they are thin or not.

I don't believe anyone should have to keep threads on even if they are not healthy. Everyone.....no matter what shape or size or health condition has as much right to be nude as anyone else. My opinion of course.

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I only go naked with my husband, and it took 6 months of knowing him before that happened with the lights on! Us larger ladies are, generally, not as confident with our bodies as the slimmer girls because of the constant stereotyping of how women should look by the media and other men and women. It still suprises me when any man finds me attractive, it still suprises me that my 28yr old, slim, blue-eyed nearly ex (if he dosent buck his ideas up) husband can get a huge erection just by looking at me!!!!

Love your confidence! I know exactly how you feel - it's really hard for me also to think that someone could be attracted to me when everything tells us that it's somehow not deserved. You go girl! :cool:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darn it, Drifterwood - now I can't go naked anymore... :-(

Now he's gone and done it, ruined it for the rest of us. I hold the opposite, fit and trim need to be properly displayed and the larger and obese need to stay in the confines of their own private walls. I am shallow and superficial in that regard, I'll admit to being guilty of that. This isn't Walrus beach !

Attachments

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hold the opposite, fit and trim need to be properly displayed and the larger and obese need to stay in the confines of their own private walls. I am shallow and superficial in that regard, I'll admit to being guilty of that. This isn't Walrus beach !

I usually don't get into conversations about weight because I'm so sensitive about my extra baggage :rolleyes:, but I just can't help it - please forgive.

So if you say that large and obese people should be displayed in the confines of private walls, what about bathing suits? Are you only saying that fat people shouldn't go to nude beaches or just beaches in general? Should they not go to gyms and wear shorts and tank tops?

I've given up a lot of pleasures in my life because of my self-consciousness (yes I realize that it's mostly me), but guess what - I'm really tired of doing that! But it's comments and attitudes like this that just make people with weight (or any body image issue for that matter) feel like shit. I've heard it my whole life - from cruel kids to my mother to just being ignored. I'm not a very vocal person - I tend to internalize a lot of things, so I'm totally not the person to easily laugh and brush off the looks and comments.

Anyway, I guess my point is that why should it be any different for people who are overweight. If we want to be naked, then dammit we should just do it! Now, if only I could muster up the courage to take my own advice :rolleyes:.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Sugar

roger_dodger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer skinny woman because I am a thin guy myself. I don't like when I'm on top of a girl and she's wider than I am. If a girl is a little chubby I don't mind as long as shes smooth. It grosses me out when a girl has random bumps of fat and places stick out that shouldn't. I hope I don't offend anyone with this.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What is most important is that women feel comfortable in their own skins.
I like myself both naked or clothed. (even though I was standing at the back of the line when the long legs were being handed out and near the front of the line when breasts were being handed out).

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not knocking my fellow Zaftig sisters.

Perhaps the reason larger women look better nude is; because many large women have no clue how to dress appropriately for their figure. I have had a few plus size friends over the years; and they either wear clothes which are too tight or too big. Rarely have I seen them in anything that actually fits their form.

Since gaining a few extra pounds I have noticed I have a tendency to wear big shirts or over-sized sweaters. Yet, I have had men tell me I look good at my current weight.