Things have seemed kind of quiet on LPSG...

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Some people are very rude and mean on here; in fact, I've actually gone out of my way to give compliments to certain members with no appreciative response in return. But that's the way things roll on LPSG. So then, it is best to be light-hearted and not debate serious issues all while ignoring the meanies.:eek: I have my "fun" and my special friends, and that's all that matters really.

Last edited:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fantastic. What I have chosen to put in bold is such a true statement to the way we interact here. I like posting here and I like sharing. I know how powerful words can be so sometimes it takes a very long time to write a post so I'm not misunderstood or have my words taken offensively which is never the intention.

I'll admit that I haven't read this entire thread. I didn't need to because I'm simply responding to Cunning's words. I was recently sarcastic with a friend and I realized after the fact that the words that I used were like the ones I usually use and therefore their was lost completely. In saying that, had my friend heard my voice, viewed my body language, etc., rather than reading my flat words, my true intention would have been realized.

Thanks for saying that, Cunning Stunt. I'm still unsure if my friend understood my true intention for what I said to him:cool:.

Well if just a couple of people are more aware of how they interpret posts or take care to remove ambiguity from what they write them my post was worthwhile :smile:

Some people are very rude and mean on here; in fact, I've actually gone out of my way to give compliments to certain members with no appreciative response in return. But that's the way things roll in LPSG. It's best then to be light-hearted and not debate serious issues all while ignoring the meanies.:eek: I have my special friends on here and that's all that matters.

I fully understand and appreciate where you are coming from :wink:

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some people are very rude and mean on here; in fact, I've actually gone out of my way to give compliments to certain members with no appreciative response in return. But that's the way things roll on LPSG. So then, it is best to be light-hearted and not debate serious issues all while ignoring the meanies.:eek: I have my "fun" and my special friends, and that's all that matters really.

Unlike 'Cunning Stunt', I don't agree. If you compliment some one BUT expect something in return for it, it's not a compliment, nor is it sincere and genuine. Compliments given to manipulate others to gain an advantage are offensive and usually transparent. Maybe that's something to consider next time around, nothing personal though.

But how about we all turn that frown upside down, and go fuck eachother instead of ourselves, hm?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Unlike 'Cunning Stunt', I don't agree. If you compliment some one BUT expect something in return for it, it's not a compliment, nor is it sincere and genuine. Compliments given to manipulate others to gain an advantage are offensive and usually transparent. Maybe that's something to consider next time around, nothing personal though.

But how about we all turn that frown upside down, and go fuck eachother instead of ourselves, hm?

I'm sorry, but a sincere compliment merits a "thank-you" in return in common etiquette. I'm not talking about complimenting in order to gain friends to help you fight your online battles.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry, but a sincere compliment merits a "thank-you" in return in common etiquette. I'm not talking about complimenting in order to gain friends to help you fight your online battles.

And I wasn't talking about sincere compliments but the opposite and common etiquette has nothing to do with sincerity, but more about beeing polite. Either way, you do know that these polite ways of recieving a compliment vary greatly by country and culture? In European culture it's actually etiquette to nod or smile, but not vocally reply. Look it up. I could go on and on, but the point is that LPSG is global, and your etiquette hardly really applies online.. let alone on an erotic website. Ofcourse there are going to be misunderstandings every now and then because of this, but because it's cultural there's no right or wrong.

Again, the reason I questioned the sincerity was because of the fact you actually stated yourself you were expecting a reply; thus if anything, you weren't beeing completely selfless. Now, does that make you a horrible person? No. If anything it makes you human. But the very least you could do is treat your 'complimentees' human too.

But let's not get into this, because I sence this beeing one of those never ending discussions.. and I've got a lot of penisses to look at and sooo little time. Otherwise I'll have to resort to having my online friends fight this one out for me again.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
And I wasn't talking about sincere compliments but the opposite and common etiquette has nothing to do with sincerity, but more about beeing polite. Either way, you do know that these polite ways of recieving a compliment vary greatly by country and culture? In European culture it's actually etiquette to nod or smile, but not vocally reply. Look it up. I could go on and on, but the point is that LPSG is global, and your etiquette hardly really applies online.. let alone on an erotic website. Ofcourse there are going to be misunderstandings every now and then because of this, but because it's cultural there's no right or wrong.

Again, the reason I questioned the sincerity was because of the fact you actually stated yourself you were expecting a reply; thus if anything, you weren't beeing completely selfless. Now, does that make you a horrible person? No. If anything it makes you human. But the very least you could do is treat your 'complimentees' human too.

But let's not get into this, because I sence this beeing one of those never ending discussions.. and I've got a lot of penisses to look at and sooo little time. Otherwise I'll have to resort to having my online friends fight this one out for me again.

I've lived in a few different countries, so I know that people don't always respond with a "thank-you" when receiving a compliment. But it's universal that one should respond in some fashion of gratefulness/humility/etc.

Cultural differences/divides are only so deep, and then we just get to raw humanity, which is the same in all of us, all around the world.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Some people are very rude and mean on here; in fact, I've actually gone out of my way to give compliments to certain members with no appreciative response in return.
I know what you mean, Bull. When I was new to the site I was surprised by the number of people who wouldn't respond to a friendly PM; nothing pervy mind you, just "hey, I liked what you posted there, etc." By the same token, there were people who absolutely would not interact with me in the threads, even if I said something positive, addressed them directly, or asked them a question. It seemed to me they were too concerned with maintaining their "coolness" persona to bother acknowledging a mere insignificant noob. Then there were those who were downright hostile for no apparent reason.

Even now, there are those I've encountered again and again in certain forums, and even if we are in agreement 95% to 99% of the time, they absolutely will not interact, even when I give them a positive nod. Some, it seems, will put you on their shitlist if you have a difference of opinion with them even once. Sometimes that extends to their 'friends' as well. It all smacks of a juvenile pettiness, vindictiveness and snobbishness, imo.

I receive a fair amount of PM's, and due to real life distractions and commitments, and needing to be in a proper thoughtful frame of mind, I am often derelict in responding to them in a timely manner. I make a point though of trying to respond to newbies and those members I am unfamiliar with first, often at the expense of responding to my 'friends', in the hope that friends will be understanding. It's important to me that sincere, well-meaning people feel welcome, that they're not being ignored and brushed aside.

I've met some wonderful, bright, openminded, warmhearted people here. At the same time, there is a herd mentality and an aura of cliquishness that I refuse to participate in, and that probably works to my detriment. You are among the sweetest, most upbeat, open and genuine members here. It doesn't surprise me, crusty as can be at times, that certain members give me the cold shoulder. It is disappointing, if not entirely surprising I suppose, that you would receive the same treatment. Try not to take it personally, Bull. Know that it is not a reflection on you, but a reflection on them and their shortcomings.* Know that the people deserving of your appreciation are the ones who appreciate you as well.

* [Not to mention that not everyone on the internet is necessarily all that emotionally balanced.]
I agree. It's just common courtesy, a commodity that seems sadly and sorely lacking in the internet age.

Last edited:

sleepiboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't contribute much since I haven't experienced much. I'm also back in classes so not much free time to check in like I want.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
That was a really thoughtful post, maxcok. I do indeed appreciate it.:wink:

On a positive note, I've met some fantastic dudes on here who've brought so many smiles to my face. In fact, I just met a few these past few weeks.

I despise "cliquishness". It's something I don't handle well, and it is sadly a reality of adult life.

And we have a few snobs on LPSG (I can think of 3 regulars). And they can suck me anytime they want. Are they ready for a mouthful?:biggrin1:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Best idea yet. :biggrin1:

Seriously, some of you need to go outside and play in the sun for a while.

Says you! I thought you combusted on contact with sunlight! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I thought that was how you came by that highly becoming sepulchral pallor of yours. :wink::tongue: