Things said that should be stopped in 2017

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hello dear friends,
I was thinking and wondering about words or phrases that people should stop saying in 2017( This is in no way, I am telling you how to talk, just having fun...so please lighten up), but i think the phrase " You need to put yourself out there is kind of worn". I am trying dammit.

Why aren't you married yet?
Don't you want children?
I hear this a lot and still don't know what it means..On fleek, don't know what that is...please help with this.

Those are the only ones i know off the top of my head. Oh, yeah and if i hear 1 more thing about rappers beefing, and Drake or Rihanna( however you spell her name), i am going to scream.

How about you?

Peace and love in the new year. Happy 2017.

oh and by the way if this was posted previously, then i didn't see it or didn't bother to go deep into all these posts and more than likely don't care. much love

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
On fleek started with having perfect eyebrows. Then it started referring to anything being perfect.

Don't worry - it shall pass. Just like "groovy", "keep on truckin'" or "wuzzup". :p:D

Besides, just use proper grammar and you'll never be guilty of encouraging passing colloquialisms. ;):)

Reactions: kewlkid75
S

superbot

The Kardashians,Maria Carey,Madoona, celebrities tweeting their political credetials....the list is endless.Oh and mots de jour' ..'hubris' being a good example!!

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
On fleek started with having perfect eyebrows. Then it started referring to anything being perfect.

Don't worry - it shall pass. Just like "groovy", "keep on truckin'" or "wuzzup". :p:D

Besides, just use proper grammar and you'll never be guilty of encouraging passing colloquialisms. ;):)

I'm bringing "groovy" back. That and "dig it".

D

deleted1046538

I can't believe I haven't already went through a sampling of any of these political forum discussion threads.... I could just kick my own ass!!! This entire forum category is more entertaining than anything else I have ever encountered. It is so Beyonce hilarious, stupid, dramatic, fantastical, absurd, baffling, crazy, etc etc and everything else a person could possibly imagine if they were high on every single narcotic in the world all at once. Hell after reading just a portion of some of this Everyone could actually be so!!!!! Oh God... I mean you couldn't purchase this with Master Card Visa or the contents of Fort Knox. The commercial is hereby proved... Somethings are literally just priceless.. Thanks so much to everyone who helped contribute to this. I mean the entire politics category on here. Something which I could only try to even begin to compare with anything short of nothing less than a trip to an alternat Disneyland created by the love child of Steve King and Jane Austen. Who apparently has hired Michael Moore as creative director. All experience by guests that have dropped LSD, shot up heroin and drank a fifth of 80proof liquor all simultaneously with every cast member of every season of The Surreal Life fighting with each other while performing the duties of a "Congressional delegation for the guidance of visitors rights" !!!!!!

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
don't forget "SOLID!!"

I like that one, as in, "do me a solid."

I recently told my boyfriend he was such a "square" (that and he looked like he just stepped off the short bus) because he insisted on tucking his pants into his boots during a recent hiking excursion. Every time someone passed us on the path I wanted to crawl under a rock. I suppose I should be happy he's wearing pants at all as the fashion challenged ape is usually in cargo short during the winter.

D

deleted1046538

I like that one, as in, "do me a solid."

I recently told my boyfriend he was such a "square" (that and he looked like he just stepped off the short bus) because he insisted on tucking his pants into his boots during a recent hiking excursion. Every time someone passed us on the path I wanted to crawl under a rock. I suppose I should be happy he's wearing pants at all as the fashion challenged ape is usually in cargo short during the winter.
"Cool Bean's")

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am just glad We may say MERRY CHRISTMAS again!! Bill
When were you actually prevented from saying that? I'm guessing never. If you just felt uncomfortable saying it before the election but now feel ok with it, trust me, nothing has changed. The people who didn't care before still won't care. The people who would have thought you were an asshole will still think you're an asshole.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i'm sticking with Happy Holidays
:cool:

cuz, ya know, non-Christian folks actually have shit going on around the same time, too
:)

That works for me. I don't know a single liberal who has an issue with Merry Christmas. As far as I'm concerned, Merry, Happy, Joyful, whatever the fuck you celebrate. Be glad someone took the time to wish you well.