Things you didn't know about the penis

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jonb, Jul 2, 2003.

1. jonb

Gold Member

The largest penis of any primate is Homo sapiens. (Lucy the Size Queen!)
    Some primates, as well as rodents, insectivores, carnivores, and winged mammals (chrioptera) have a bone, called a baculum, in their penises. (PRICC!)
    Though the foreskin is now viewed as ugly; in most cultures where nudity's common, the exposed glans is obscene.
    Most likely, a woman's most endowed partner at estrus is the father of the baby. (So Lucy was a slut!)
    The clitoris was at one time viewed as the female organ of copulation; 18th-century writers described them as "as long as a swan's neck". (If you ain't got the equipment, don't talk.)
    The Cerne Abbas giant, known for its phallic symbolism, is a hoax.
    Freud claimed men were afraid that the vagina would eat the penis. (Cuckoo!)

2. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Interesting jonb...

I think the 18th Century writers needed glasses... "Um... I hate to tell ya Doc, that ain't a woman..."

About the last one... I guess that would kinda give Hall & Oates' "Maneater" a new dimension...

3. jonb

Gold Member

Add any weird phallic phacts you can think of.

4. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Well... not exactly a fact but something in class we thought funny... I don't know if it'll have the same effect here.

In Fredericksburg, Va there is a monument dedicated to Mary Washington, the mother of George Washington. It is an obelisk like the one in DC but much smaller. My professor asked us how appropriate was it to raise a phallic symbol in honor of George Washington's mother? Before then I hadn't really thought of phallic symbols... but I did after that. A tree can be one. Ever heard of the tree by the lake? Anyway another thing that came in our minds after that was that since obelisks are phallic symbols, then the Washington Monument in honor of George being a huge one gives new meaning to him being "father" of our country. What better way to represent that than by erecting a giant phallic symbol?

5. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    [quote author=Chubby-Sexy link=board=99;num=1057158787;start=0#3 date=07/02/03 at 22:22:19] new meaning to him being "father" of our country. [/quote]

Formerly, I lived in a part of the country (Northen NJ) just full historical markers that said George Washington slept here on such and such a date during the revolutionary period. The funny thing is, when local history was checked, most of the places turned out to be brothels.

6. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

Great info, Jonb !

Ancient Greeks detested circumcision ! For them, it was a mutilation of the human aesthetics (and no hygienic considerations could excuse such a "crime"). In the late Hellenistic empires, one of the funniest accuses and conflicts between Greeks and Hebrews (especially in Alexandria, in the Ptolemaeïan [sp ?] Egypt ) was related to what Greeks called "the ugliness of circumcision", mocking it cruelly.
    Babylonians considered Egyptian males at least "excentric" ; their circumcision act was viewed as an excentricity, made only for attracting women.

Draft saved Draft deleted