Things you do that slowly kill your soul...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was trying to think of things that I have done and have experienced that have sucked the life out of me...in a bad way, things that have eroded my soul, mainly to avoid these things in the future. These things are insidious because the work slow and you don't immediately realize how bad they are for you.

These things have a way of slowly killing your soul...

-Watching 8 hours of television a day during my youth.

-Not fighting back to bullies.

-Staying in the closet until I was well into my 20's and living in shame. Consequently distancing myself and not sharing my life with my family because of the shame and the other life I led.

-Cruising ABS seeking love and affection.

-Working in jobs that made me feel like I was wasting my life.

-Staying in abusive or dead end relationships because I was afraid to be alone...again.

-Trying to be someone else in order to make someone love you.

-Drifting away from treasured friendship and the people who really know who you are.

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pretty spot on list -- all of those will do it... And you're right, as one can do these things for years and not realize the time that is being wasted...

At the risk of sounding stupid -- what is ABS?

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to do these but don't any longer:

> Tolerate petulance and flakiness from girls I was dating

> Work in a job that was unfulfilling, wasting precious--so, so precious-- hours of my life on tedious paperwork in a vast cog-producing machine of globocorporate soulrape

> Waste time online

> Allow idiots and emotion vampires into my life

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to do these but don't any longer:

> Tolerate petulance and flakiness from girls I was dating

> Work in a job that was unfulfilling, wasting precious--so, so precious-- hours of my life on tedious paperwork in a vast cog-producing machine of globocorporate soulrape

> Waste time online

> Allow idiots and emotion vampires into my life

Are emotion vampires the straight equivalent of drama queens?:tongue:

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are emotion vampires the straight equivalent of drama queens?:tongue:

Emotion vampires are a subset of the drama queen creature, manifested in passive aggressive manipulation as a temporary antidote to neurotic unhappiness.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would go with OhWiseOne's response.

More generally, I've been looking into Abraham-Hicks philosophy of the moment, and the basic tenet that if a thing does not increase your joy even to think of, it's better not to go with it. Martyrdom leads to misery and is contagious.

Earl, you are good-lookin!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Emotion vampires are a subset of the drama queen creature, manifested in passive aggressive manipulation as a temporary antidote to neurotic unhappiness.

Why do women in relationships resort to this method of control? I feel sorry for ya straight guys out there who need to put up with this to get laid. :redface:

First I need to ask. Am I being charged by the hour for this analysis?.
Sex for psychoanalysis can be arranged but it does sound a bit unethical.

Shopping for clothes
That's kiling your soles not souls.

Helga, my avatar is a cartoon. I'm a bit bearish and stocky like the avatar but not very goodlooking. Youse need glasses woman. :tongue:

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do women in relationships resort to this method of control? I feel sorry for ya straight guys out there who need to put up with this to get laid. :redface:

Not all of them do. but the ones who resort to drama queenery are usually afflicted by bloated egos and daddy issues and emotionally stunted immaturity. they possess a kind of callow, petulant unhappiness and they want to make damn sure that you're unhappy too.

btw, I don't put up with a second of that shit. I screen women, and men, for good character, and if they fail--they're gone, chopped out. Life's too short and self respect is too important

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would go with OhWiseOne's response.

More generally, I've been looking into Abraham-Hicks philosophy of the moment, and the basic tenet that if a thing does not increase your joy even to think of, it's better not to go with it. Martyrdom leads to misery and is contagious.

I love the teachings of Abraham!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay, your avatar is a well-shopped cartoon. Your old avatar was easier to spot as a cartoon. Now I guess I am obliged to actually see what you keep in the gallery, if anything. :tongue:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Things you do that slowly kill your soul...

often to do with just plain ole survival with living huh?
Then again, the living human soul is sacred to me ha
so must not take him / her to lightly