Things you see only in your area.

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Oft seen at coastal resorts all over Britain, usually teamed with sporty shorts and a smart short sleeved shirt in contrasting colour, worn by men of about 65+. And they say we don't have style!
And no, please no hankies tied at the corners. No boyoes from Abercam. Although. having been with a Welsh choir (sung with, not been with) it's maybe a chuckle or two.

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
things you only see in LA...

-people in flip flops all year round
-starbucks coffee joints across the street from each other
-traffic accidents almost every day

Where I grew up on our main street (Broad St.) there was a Rite Aid pharmacy across the street from a Rite Aid.

mgmnguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Um, who's trying to top anyone? Get your minds out of the gutter.. :) Let me rephrase - who's trying to one up the other?

A question was asked - I answered - I've traveled a lot - both across the country and internationally - and I haven't seen as many giant statues of crazy things per capita anywhere except in MN and the Dakotas.

We're a quirky bunch here in the midwest - good sense of humor, great attitudes, we like to have fun.

People may put us down and say we're backward's and it's frigging cold here in the winter - which it is - but we look at it like this - keeps all the riff raff out. :)

I'm sorry. Who could possibly top any of the previous posts. Except for the trash cans in the street. You had to have been there.

D

deleted3782

Every time I read a post by you I crack up! Everything - and I mean everything - sounds like a double-entendre! And yeah I heard shagging was big in the sixties too!

Haha thanks. If I crack you up, does that make me a cracker (American term for white person). :wink:

It's not Christmas without a tin of Moravian spice cookies on the kitchen counter.

I wager you're at least part Moravian as well.

Nah, I'm Quaker. Our cookies are oatmeal.

I had never heard of or seen souse before moving to Georgia.

I have never heard of souse, and I grew up in the state to your north. Isn't "to get soused" to get drunk?

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Haha thanks. If I crack you up, does that make me a cracker (American term for white person). :wink:

Nah! Having researched the connotations behind this term, I would never call you a cracker! But your humor is the right side of impish! Will that do?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
We've also got 90,000 miles of shoreline - more than California, Florida, and Hawaii combined. :)

10,000 lakes - gotta love em!

Minnesota Fast Facts and Trivia

How can you possibly leave out that SPAM's world headquarters are in Minnesota. They've got a SPAM museum and a great SPAM gift store where one can purchase anything and everything remotely related to SPAM. You can even buy SPAM there!

Minnesota is SPAM-licious! Pork shoulder and ham (and the occasional lost digit).

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've seen Krispy Cream stores in this area. Where I was before they were only sold thru other retailers.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
http://allroundpropertymaintenance.com/images/detroit_skyline[1].png

You can see the Detroit skyline...

Al Capone had part ownership of a bar here, it's called Abar's now.

Hiram Walker's (Canadian Club Whiskey) mansion is here.

Ketchup, gravy and vinegar on fries.

We don't use Celsius for the temperature, we talk Farenheit. When it is 80 degrees outside, it's 80, not 27 degrees.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We have brown gravy fries and gravy and cheese on fries at the diners in NJ.

D

deleted3782

Nah! Having researched the connotations behind this term, I would never call you a cracker! But your humor is the right side of impish! Will that do?

Fair enough! Thanks :smile:

I've seen Krispy Cream stores in this area. Where I was before they were only sold thru other retailers.

Krispy Kreme was invented in Winston-Salem (20 miles west of me) but expanded across the globe...and is now retracting.:frown1:

D

deleted3782

Bump...considering an active thread with discussions of regionalism.