Think Facebook is Harmless Fun ?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jakeatolla, Dec 21, 2007.

1. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This sort of shit always cracks me up.

It's in no way surprising or shocking to anybody who's thought about it in the least. These websites aren't created or maintained by users for the benefit of the people using them. They're the product of business minds looking for a way to make money off the people using them. That's why VC firms are willing to invest hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of dollars into them...they're expecting a return on that investment.

Combine this reasoning with the fact that we live in an information and services based economy, and the puzzle starts coming together very fast.

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Crazy....

4. jlr080281

jlr080281 New Member

Oh my god , someone's out there collecting useless information about people! How scary! :eek:

Not really.

Or maybe I missed the point entirely , but I don't see how someone knowing what I buy , what sites I browse , what music I listen to...etc is harmful in any way.

5. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

facebook was on television getting exposed for the benefit of the naive............if you put your personal details in the public domain then someday someone will use some of or part of them.......and of course they run a huge site as such by selling or targetting advertising.......thankfully im not influenced by advertising or at least try not to notice it or be infuenced by but some folks are easy prey

Draft saved Draft deleted