Think I have some epididymytis

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by fak_et, Jul 22, 2008.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I was a little bothered by some uncomfortable feeling in my balls. I posted about it but upon further research and waiting, I am noticing what seems to be symptoms of epididymytis. I am having an odd light ache in what seems to be one of my balls. I was in the ER a couple weeks ago for a bad fall. bruised my hip and back a lil. I think it may be related because i am still limping a tiny bit.

What should I do?

At this point im gonna watch it till tomorrow and go from there.

2. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Testicular pain can be indicative of any number of things, so when doubt get it checked out. I just went to see my doc a week or so ago for a similar uncomfortable feeling. He put me on a short course of antibiotics since I've had epididymytis in the past. Last time was far more painful, for certain.

3. looneysamo

looneysamo New Member

I was hospitalized last year because I had epididymytis and didn't get it treated fast enough. My fever spiked and I was throwing off white blood cells so much they thought it might be leukemia. I'd had it before, they just gave me a shot in the ass and some oral antibiotics. This time, it was 4 nights and five days in the hospital.
    go get it checked out, now.

4. fak_et

fak_et New Member

fair enough, if it still hurts in the morning, im havin it checked.

5. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good. And don't forget you are in a prime demographic for testicular cancer. If it's smaller than usual, bigger than usual, heavier than usual, has any changes in consistency, or any change of shape make a big deal of it and really try to get a sonogram. TC is about 99% curable caught early. Even caught later it's about 95% curable but treatment is much more involved and invasive.
    Dave

6. Mackleanen Beebarf

Mackleanen Beebarf New Member

Get to a doctor right away. Even if it is epididymitis, you need to get on some antibiotics pronto, but it could also be a torsion compromising the blood supply. This happened to me a couple of times in my late teens, and both times they said it was caused by an infection, but then after a third time, a urologist told me it was probably actually a torsion that was righting itself by the time I got to the docs.

Don't take chances with the boys, man.

If you have a jock strap, wear it in the meantime.

7. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Wasnt bothering me in the morning but eventually came back. I went to the doctor. Physical exam was ok. Got put on antibiotics for now and a culture was sent out. Ill have results tomorrow. If problems presist im gettin sent in for an ultrasound.

Thanks guys.

8. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ultrasound is good. You can't be too careful.
    Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted