novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Permanent bans ARE negotiable.
Um... HUH??? :tongue:
I'm sure the system only allows for either an automatically timed (temporary), and an un-timed (permanent), banning, and a single labeling, that shows up under a user's name, as "Banned" (although, ages ago, I seem to remember something along the lines of "Suspended", but that had technical troubles). However, I think, while it's a bit grammatically priggish, that a negotiable "permanence", is, well, nonsensical, and makes the statement of "Permanent", lose any gravity and credibility. I'm just suggesting that "temporarily banned" and "indefinitely suspended", might be more accurate.

She can't keep her temper in check and often resorts to personal attacks on people when she's upset. That history is what ultimately resulted in her ban.
I get that, as I get that she didn't have to divulge her identity, or launch into a sparring match, but I also think, that a "Seriously, you need to take a month off and cool down" would've been more effective and appropriate. I also think that the other party could've at least used a couple weeks off to reflect, as well.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Um... HUH??? :tongue:
I'm sure the system only allows for either an automatically timed (temporary), and an un-timed (permanent), banning, and a single labeling, that shows up under a user's name, as "Banned" (although, ages ago, I seem to remember something along the lines of "Suspended", but that had technical troubles). However, I think, while it's a bit grammatically priggish, that a negotiable "permanence", is, well, nonsensical, and makes the statement of "Permanent", lose any gravity and credibility. I'm just suggesting that "temporarily banned" and "indefinitely suspended", might be more accurate.

You're right, and I thought the same thing after I re-read what I wrote. :tongue: But regardless of what it's called, indefinite or permanent, everyone who's been banned from the site has the right to ask for us to "reopen their case" and decide if they should be let back. We're more than willing to do that for TK as well.

I get that, as I get that she didn't have to divulge her identity, or launch into a sparring match, but I also think, that a "Seriously, you need to take a month off and cool down" would've been more effective and appropriate. I also think that the other party could've at least used a couple weeks off to reflect, as well.

I understand where you're coming from and I think all of the moderators appreciate and respect your opinion, but she was banned "permanently" by a majority vote. She's been warned before regarding her attitude. This isn't the first time we've had this issue with her.

On a more personal note, I really like TK and I think she has a lot to offer the board. I just hope that if and when she does come back, she learns from her mistakes and takes a more upstanding and mature path when confronted with people she may not like or agree with.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
From what i read, they both should be banned. they both acted childish but Think Kink should of rised above it. She has enough friends friends here that that thread would have done nothing to her. The OP was offensive to women, "shes just pussy" and he was being offensive to a member, but TK started the fight and from what ive read, i dont think that the OP is smart enough to "Bait" her.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
F'ing hell. Just looks like the guy is a sore looser when told some honest, strait to your face words, and that is the way TK has always been.

Makes me wonder why now Freddie53 get's kicked off the mod / admin team (http://www.lpsg.org/137845-stepping-down-as-moderator.html), then this crap with TK kicks off.

Makes me think the entire mod / admin team are corrupt to the core, and only intrested in their own selfish wants / needs. (IE: as in looking after those who in turn "Grease their Palms").

I do not see why the hell TK has any need to GROVEL to be let back in here at all, if anything, it's the admin team that needs to appolagise TO TK!!!

Media
F'ing hell. Just looks like the guy is a sore looser when told some honest, strait to your face words, and that is the way TK has always been.

I think most would agree with you there.

Makes me wonder why now Freddie53 get's kicked off the mod / admin team (http://www.lpsg.org/137845-stepping-down-as-moderator.html), then this crap with TK kicks off.

Based on what Freddie wrote, this was a decision that was made by Rob E at the Administrative level and not at the moderator level.

Makes me think the entire mod / admin team are corrupt to the core, and only intrested in their own selfish wants / needs. (IE: as in looking after those who in turn "Grease their Palms").
I will disagree with you on the above, This is a team that takes very seriously the issue of banning and the affect it will have on the board. What selfish wants could they have? Moderating is an unpaid position. They have nothing to gain. "Greasing their palms"? With what?

In my experience with this team, I know that they would go out of their way to keep members than to evict them. There is no corruption here.

I do not see why the hell TK has any need to GROVEL to be let back in here at all, if anything, it's the admin team that needs to appolagise TO TK!!!
I have known TK since she joined. She has been in contact with me since she was banned, and she is fully aware of what she did and how it could have been handled better. While her response might have been appropriate in the past, it is not a great choice now. She knows this. Unfortunately, she took the bait and ran with it. I can't fault her on that. There is a phrase in teaching that is used: "Sometimes you need to step in and protect the kids from themselves." Perhaps we are all at fault in some way for not stepping in and stopping this sooner.

Groveling is not necessary with this moderator team. An apology and some time might go a long way.

Last edited:

Thanks for the explanation Meg. I'm very happy that you addressed this issue and I see where you're coming from.

I do want to point out that when someone makes a thread about you without naming you, you tend to believe that everyone already knows who it is your talking about. People may not really have a clue, but you think they do.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
chicagosam said:
I will disagree with you on the above, This is a team that takes very seriously the issue of banning and the affect it will have on the board. What selfish wants could they have? Moderating is an unpaid position. They have nothing to gain. "Greasing their palms"? With what?

In my experience with this team, I know that they would go out of their way to keep members than to evict them. There is no corruption here.

I'll vouch for sam's sentiments and take it a step further.

Since I've first experienced the moderator phenomenon at LPSG (about a year into my membership here) I've seen it mature into the thing it is today. Time was when (early days) it was a free-for-all and it was as though the moderators needed moderating there was so much in-fighting.

But this is (IMO) no longer the case.

Since my reinstatement I've seen nothing but professionalism on the part of the moderators. In my own case I can personally attest that several among the group personally went to bat for my re-inclusion in your ranks.

This they did knowing full-well that they'd take a good deal of heat since many found my personality and opinions too strong.

But (again my opinion here) fairness prevailed and one certain moderator went to extensive lengths to get to the real reasons I was banned "permanently" in the first place. Seldom (perhaps never) have I seen such loyalty and friendship on the internet. I'm very grateful.

We, again in my opinion, are obliged to "go" with the moderator's decisions even if we don't like them. I'm newly reinstated so I'm watching newer members I did not know now. So I'm yet getting a sense of the newer (to me) posters. However I've not witnessed one ounce of the pettiness and clique phenomenon that existed in the infancy of the moderating aspect of the LPSG site I witnessed several years ago.

I can tell you that it's given me a respect - yes even a sense of loyalty - to these current mods that I was never able to muster for the system in days gone by.

I'd not take the fucking job for all the tea in China. It's thankless and in order to do it effectively a GOOD moderator has to be impartial and detached. That takes real talent.

Think of me as a "suck up" if you like. But I'm truly impressed with the moderating system as we now experience it here given that there was a time I thought any moderation was a mistake. I've rethought that position entirely now.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Think of me as a "suck up" if you like.

Yep, that's exactly as I think of you. I know that you and Chicagosam have a lot to be grateful to them for.

But can you both just turn the mod ass kissing down a notch or two? It really is putting me off my dinner.

Cheers

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From what i read, they both should be banned. they both acted childish but Think Kink should've (should HAVE, or should've, not should of) have risen above it. She has enough friends friends here that that thread would have done nothing to her. The OP was offensive to women, "shes just pussy" and he was being offensive to a member, but TK started the fight and from what ive read, i dont think that the OP is smart enough to "Bait" her.

This is your grammar lesson for the day...

You got the tense right later in your post where you said "would have" -- so you know the grammar.

Just some people think it's should OF, when it's actually the contraction should'VE (should have, would have, could have). If you want to bone up on the subject (ha, ha, I said, "bone"), go here: Master Template for EnglishWorks!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for the explanation Meg. It makes sense to do things as you instruct.

You're more than welcome!

Wow. I'm really sorry you feel that way. I think I speak for the whole moderator team when I say that we absolutely are NOT selfish in our decision-making, especially on the banning of a well-known and well-loved member. I like TK too, keep that in mind.

Thanks for the explanation Meg. I'm very happy that you addressed this issue and I see where you're coming from.

I do want to point out that when someone makes a thread about you without naming you, you tend to believe that everyone already knows who it is your talking about. People may not really have a clue, but you think they do.

You're very welcome. And I completely understand where you're coming from! I've had situations similar to this arise in the past, and I felt that exact same way. I reacted differently, however. I knew intellectually that no one could've known he was talking about me, so instead of revealing myself, I shrunk back and watched the situation and waited to see what happened. Not necessarily saying that TK should have done this, but that's how I reacted in my own situation.

[/COLOR][/B]

Not a chance Xcuse. I stand by every word. Hope you're well.

Chew each bite.

Have I told you lately that I love you? :biggrin:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
This is your grammar lesson for the day...

You got the tense right later in your post where you said "would have" -- so you know the grammar.

Just some people think it's should OF, when it's actually the contraction should'VE (should have, would have, could have). If you want to bone up on the subject (ha, ha, I said, "bone"), go here: Master Template for EnglishWorks!

if i know the grammar, why do i need to brush up? i am typing informally, therefore such mistakes do not need to be highlighted. i do english language as an A level so, while i am thankful for your helpful resource, i think i can do without it.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It doesn't make sense that a serial, repeat harasser like PYM gets another 30 day ban, while TK's is permanent. Since your in the explain mode Meg, could you tell me why it is?

Not Punny. Love ya dear, but if you're going to correct someone's grammar, you should make sure your's is perfect while doing it. Just saying....

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
thanks Vince, i was going to bring that up, but i thought that considering we are on a thread about an argument, i dont want to start my own, especially with moderators all around lol. it would be like breaking into a police station.

Status
Not open for further replies.