Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes
but the foreskin is considered an active sexual organ more than a skin of the body

The word considered is such an academic term.

Sexual response is a brain activity. I'm not going to go through pain and suffering over a piece of skin especially now knowing that my sex life and pleasure is better than it ever was...

If someone as an adult wants to be circumcised he is entitled to. Just like if someone wants to tattoo their cock or put a cock ring in their penis head. So dont lecture anyone on making that decision.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I seem to recall that the original post asked about styles, NOT whether he should do it!

Mine is moderately tight and high.

That way when soft my scar sits right behind the corona and when hard it moves up the shaft. My head is always exposed no matter what, so there is never a doubt that I am circumcised.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
Have you had it done yet or are you still thinking about it? This thread was started on May 15. It is now July 3rd. If you haven't had it done yet, go for it. I was cut as an adult and have never regretted it. I wish I had been cut as a new born.
I wish I had known I could have chosen the style of cut. I would have rather been cut higher than I was. When flaccid the skin partially covers the glans. I have to push the skin back away from the glans. A
higher cut would have eliminated this situation/problem.
I much prefer being cut. I think it looks better, I have more self confidence. Sex is better. I get more head than before. Before I was cut women did not like to give me head. But now they much desire to give head.
But a higher/tighter cut would be what
I would recommend. I still have my frenulum too.
I had an easy recovery also. Just a small
inconvience, but it was very worthwhile. Three days after the procedure, a young lady sat herself on my lap in a bar. She of course didn't know I had just been cut. But that wasn't a problem. Just kind of funny.
Let us know when you get it done.
nicecircjob
Nicecircjob, you say that you wish you had been circumcised as an newborn, and then go on to detail all the different style preferences you have regarding circumcision.

You do understand that if you're circumcised as a newborn, you arbitrarily 'get what you get', and to make things worse, on an organ that still has a lot of growing and changing to do?

That makes the circumcision decision by the doctor no better than his best guess as to how things will turn out eventually.

jacenx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The word considered is such an academic term.

Sexual response is a brain activity. I'm not going to go through pain and suffering over a piece of skin especially now knowing that my sex life and pleasure is better than it ever was...

I agree sexual response is brain activity but to achieve sexual response it needs something that increase that response. The movement of the prepuce against the glans is the mechanism that increase pleasure.

m69725

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had myself cut 8 years ago due to infections and skin tearing. Both issues resolved. Happy with the new me.

Reactions: CJF88

jacenx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had myself cut 8 years ago due to infections and skin tearing. Both issues resolved. Happy with the new me.

That doesn't means as uncut I am, I will have infections sometimes in my life.

You cannot extend your argument to uncut ones who simply wash correctly, they will never have infections.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree sexual response is brain activity but to achieve sexual response it needs something that increase that response. The movement of the prepuce against the glans is the mechanism that increase pleasure.

I cant agree with that. By that logic the more foreskin you have the greater the pleasure.

That doesn't means as uncut I am, I will have infections sometimes in my life.

You cannot extend your argument to uncut ones who simply wash correctly, they will never have infections.

I dont think he was. He had a problem with his, he decided to fix it. Good hygeine does not automatically mean that your penis wont get infected and this is true for an uncut or cut penis...

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dear Mr Lampwick, I was telling the OP that I wished my adult circumcision style had been higher on the shaft than it was. I
didn't make any statement about an RIC
resulting in a high and tight style after the person is mature. Maybe you didn't fully understand what I meant. Of course one can't know how an RIC will turn out after the person has matured. I only stated I wish my own adult circumcision had been higher and tighter.
nicecircjob

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Once the desire to get circcumcised has been triggered, if it doesn't go away, it is here to stay. In the end, no matter what triggered it, you will feel incomplete until you go through with it.

If, as you drop your underwear, you would rather see a bare head on your penis and don't like seeing your foreksin over it, then circumcision is for you.

I suppose that's true. I wonder what happens to guys with the same itch in the other direction; what do they do to scratch it? A couple of my best friends are absolutely mortified at being cut; they're so ashamed of their "permanently exposed" glans that they go to extremes never to be nude around anyone else. This includes being extremely cautious about who they ever have sex with until they're really, really intimate with that person over many months or years.

My buddy Brian told me once at lunch that he cries every time he gets out of the shower, because there's a large mirror behind the sink and he's crushed by what he sees. He's well hung, but can't countenance that part of his penis is missing. He never, ever changes at the gym because, to him, exposing a cockhead is sexual and he doesn't want that intimate part of himself ever to be seen by strangers or even friends.

Just like what you describe, the thought of his penis being "imperfect" never leaves him. It affects his self-image and self-confidence deeply. Learning and seeing what he was missing triggered profound feelings that are with him to stay.

Fortunately, neither the majority of intact guys nor the majority of circumcised guys live with these deep feelings that they must "change". They know it's possible to make their own awesome experience, whatever hand they've been dealt. It's no more mentally healthy to long to be cut than to long to be uncut. Either one can eat away at a perfectly good life.