Thinking about nothing

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I envy those of you who can idle your mind. It feels like mine is constantly running, but understandably it's filled with "blonde thoughts" a lot, so I guess it's close enough LOL! Really, I'm always thinking about something, and if you ask me at any time I'll usually share. Ask my husband. That's why he never asks anymore!

B_Jordan85

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no, I think it's fair to say that the majority of Americans actually do not have any thoughts on their mind. At least they are being honest, and that is all you can really ask for.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think constantly - rabbit trails of thought weaving through a million things that I find funny, interesting, sad, frustrating and creative (sometimes in the space of only a few minutes). Occasionally I will utter one of these thoughts out loud which leads my nearest friend to ask me to please please please leave a trail of bread crumbs from one statement to the next. I do a lousy segue.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Sorry Max...no such thing as a blank post...try as we might.
Ah, but my dear Muffin, you must have missed my post that came between yours and Animal Alpha's.

thanks for the imput.Finally something that has something to say not just trolls.I came to this site a fiew days ago and just now i noticed a large number of useless posts.It's not just you stal cool!
:confused: I didn't seen anyone trolling your thread, and usefulness is a matter of perspective. I thought my responses were perfectly succinct and in the spirit of koan. Could it be your ability to perceive subtlety that's in question?

I askef some friends and they said the same:they are alwajs thinking.I found it very wierd.When i asked about what they couldn't really say...collor,tecture,size,memories..somethinkg like that
I find your posts somewhat jangled and confusing. Could it be a reflection of your thinking?

It's a great skill to do what you do without thoughts racing through your mind.

Some people call this Zen Meditation.
This. ^ It is possible to think nothing, but it takes practice. Lots and lots of practice.

..:cool:

Last edited:

sexualnapalm

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am always thinking. I may not be willing to share what I am thinking, and answer, "nothing," when asked. But I am always, always thinking.

I completely agree!

Most of the time I'm thinking about something when I say "nothing." "Nothing" means I don't want to talk about whatever it is and that I'm enjoying the silence.

"Nothing" doesn't mean something's wrong.

And I agree with also.

oldbrownshoe52

Sexy Member
Media
If your just perceiving and your mind isn't creating thoughts then your not "thinking about nothing" your just not thinking. lol

If you were literally thinking nothing how would you know?

Your thoughts may not be cohesive, you may have 'zoned out' but I think that 'thinking nothing' is an inaccurate way of putting it.

There is just awarness or consciousness, no thought.

Last edited: