Thinking of buying a new laptop, recommendations?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I've had two Sony Vaio, and I think they're fucking brilliant, frankly they're indestructable and they work like a dream. They look good and have great software, if you have a Sony-Ericsson phone they sync up brilliantly too.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Afters years of having nothing but troubles w/HP laptops I got a Toshiba 18: screen and it's been great. Thank god I don't have Vista anymore! Personally I miss XP. Anyway when I emailed the president of HP w/my problems (never thot they'd answer) they emailed me back and asked me to call a certain extension at HP. The guy that answered could care less about my input and concerns. I will NEVER buy HP machines, paper or anything again!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
so i bought a new laptop and ended up going with the Sony Vaio....
Good choice. I've been using this 16" VAIO for almost two years and it been great. It fell and bounced halfway down the stairs (it was either me or the computer and the computer lost) and landed on the stone floor. Nothing but a dent on the back corner. I have win7 and Ubuntu installed and they both work fine.

ps. I agree about HP. They suck except for their plotters. The plotters are good.