Thinking of getting circumcised... terrified!

Crazy Cock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'll say the same thing I told Brady217777. I had severe phimosis. It was pencil thin narrow at the tip. You can get the cream, but I used a tube of cocoa butter for stretch marks. Anything that helps with elasticity will benefit skin production. I bought craft foam from an art store, rolled it up to the diameter of the foreskin tip and used it as a retainer to keep it stretched. over time it became easier to pull it back. You can definitely grab that steroid cream and get similar if not better result from the prescription. All I can say is don't do it dry. You need a medium to help increase elasticity in your skin or you may get tears and slow skin production and healing. Also, skin grows when you aren't retaining or tensioning for cell division. Having a stable regimen of tension for 8 hours a day and keeping a separate retainer so the skin doesn't retract in size at night. I loved my foreskin. So when I was told to get chopped I did my research. Masturbating was too good for it to be lost.
One other thing they could perform is a preputioplasty. They cut a "Z" shape on either side, bottom or both at the end of your penis. After, they reposition the skin so the incision forms a "N" shape and they resuture the skin or with skin glue so the skin will be less narrow at the end. It's less invasive and you get to keep your foreskin and less painful after surgery. Some doctor don't account for your length and remove all of the inner skin, which sucks. I can't find any benefit in losing nerve endings which are more abundant at the end of a penis.

Circumcision is a lost resort. Blame America's serch for a cure all cure for pushing it to other countries as a therapeutic method to alleviate anything from saving a boy's soul from masturbating, wet dreams, symptom of urinary tract infection and STD scares. It is a replacement for a daily shower would fix. It's a fascinating procedure that has had some interesting history. Only get a circumcision if it's the last resort.

Can you elaborate on the cream and the craft foam? I also have mild phimosis but I couldn't come up with a retainer to keep it stretched over the course of the day.

FinnCorgi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Can you elaborate on the cream and the craft foam? I also have mild phimosis but I couldn't come up with a retainer to keep it stretched over the course of the day.

The cream I used is palmer's cocoa butter, but you can use vitamin E cream or anything that helps with stretch marks or helps with elasticity for your skin. Look into those creams that help pregnant women to prevent stretch marks. Basic principle to helps skin keep it's elasticity and hydration. As for the cream you get prescription for you'll have to talk to your doctor. Honestly can't recall the name, but the steroid cream can be looked up.

The craft form is a like a solid spongy sheet you can get at the arts and crafts store. It comes in different colours, but that doesn't matter. The sheet is 1/8 inch thick, but can be rolled up in a cylinder that can be inserted into the opening of the foreskin and it kind of unravels to allow some tension. Some medical tape will help it from falling out and you can always add more craft foam for more tension to increase skin production. You can also use the cheep foam mat material that fit together like puzzle pieces you can grab from 5 Below Store, Harbor Freight, Ocean State Job Lot or stores like it. It's the same as that craft foam or those cheep flip-flop sandals. It's cheep foam you can use for anything, cut it to any shape you wish and make a retainer that creates tension for skin production. Cut guys also use it to make retainers to restore their foreskins. It's properties just make for a better feel than other materials, because it's so malleable and soft to the skin for comfort. How you design your retainer and expand it over time is up to your design.

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was cut as a baby. And this is obviously a very personal decision regarding options to address your issue. I offer no opinion.

But Surgically: if you decide to do it, the risk of surgical error is very tiny. It's a way easy surgery from the urologists point of view. Of course there IS risk with any surgery. Serious infection with circ done in a medical setting is very rare.

Research suggests many people are ultimately happy they did it. But plenty have deep regrets about cosmetics and especially change in sexual experience they see as negative.

S

SirConcis

Those who **choose** to get circumcised, and have had a normal foreskin (rtetractable and thus normal adult glans) are almost universally happy with choice and only regret not going it earlier.

To those on whom circumcision is imposed and never had a functioning foreksin will find the change rather abriupt because their glans still has boy-age sensitivity instead of adult one.

The older you are when you get circumcised, the more "set in concrete" your instincts on how to use the penis are, and the longer it takes to ditch the uncut instincts and become natively circumcised. During thsi time, you could hear "regrets" and "don't do it, I regret it" because the person still tryies to j/o as an uncit and it just doesn't do much when skin can't go over head on upstroke. But a few months later, that same person will have ditched those instincts and j/o natively as a cut dude and find the pleasere has fully returned, but you won't see him go back to all the web sites he said "I regret it" to remove those comments.

Your brain adapts to the new penis and new ways to handle it. your brain adapts to the glans in underwear and will dismiss most of sensatiosn during the day, leaving subtle and very pleasant ones that become "normal" and don't cause constant erections (unless you think about it).

But once hard, the brain doesn't filter out anything.

BTW, i was semi cut for about 25 years before I went to full cut, and to my surprise, my glans was already comfortable being naked in underwear, despite being partly covered before. The sensations caused arousals at first becauyse they reminded me I was now circumcised with no way to push skin over head in underwear. But great sensations.

japetty

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was cut as a baby. And this is obviously a very personal decision regarding options to address your issue. I offer no opinion.

But Surgically: if you decide to do it, the risk of surgical error is very tiny. It's a way easy surgery from the urologists point of view. Of course there IS risk with any surgery. Serious infection with circ done in a medical setting is very rare.

Research suggests many people are ultimately happy they did it. But plenty have deep regrets about cosmetics and especially change in sexual experience they see as negative.

I really wish I would have been circumcised at birth or shortly there after. I would not have been cut at birth as I was born at home. Then instead of my parents getting it done shortly there after they waited until I was about 5 years old and when I found out what the DOC was going to do it scared the shit out of me and I threw a fit. I was to young to understand and DOC just told my parent he did not want to do it at that time and then a few years down the road I had to get it done for health reasons at 29 YO but I was glad I got it done but wish as I said above. I have felt much better about the way I look naked now. I never ever liked the way I looked naked from about the 4th or 5th grade until my circumcision at age 29 YO.

Reactions: Peter20

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I gotta say though I am cut I don't understand why guys for appearance reasons want to change what they are now. I get medical reasons to get cut. But frankly I have plenty of friends who are uncut and they look fine naked.

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I gotta say though I am cut I don't understand why guys for appearance reasons want to change what they are now.
I think people just want to look their best and feel good about their appearance. If a circumcision is done for cosmetic reasons, I view it as no different than getting your teeth straightened or removing bags under your eyes. Some will argue that crooked teeth and eye bags and excessive forskin are all natural and should be left alone. That's fine. Maybe such procedures are not for everyone, but I certainly wouldn't criticize or employ extreme labels like "genital mutilation". Personally, I am not a fan of body art. However, I won't body shame anyone with disrespectful language who makes that decision for him/herself to get a tattoo.

I am circumcised and I like it that way. If I was not circumcised at birth, I would have definitely chosen it as an adult. However, I am not here to say that all uncircumcised penises are unappealing. There are some amazing uncut cocks here on LPSG that I lust over.

Vive le difference!

Reactions: Peter20 and AdamFin

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have been considering this for sometime , also due to mild phimosis , which sometimes causes pain , sometimes tearing of the frenulum ( bleeds profusely ) and the other reason , ... rejection by women (numerous occasions ) , due to being uncircumcised . I can already hear cries of " well find another one " , etc , etc , but that really is easier to say than do . As it stands , i am going to get more information , via G.P. , Urologist , and informed opinion , here at L.P.S.G . Hopefully , i will arrive at a decision that suits me best . As for the female judgement scenario in this , any future episodes will be met with a two word, expletive request to go away . All the best in whatever you decide .

Reactions: AdamFin

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think people just want to look their best and feel good about their appearance. If a circumcision is done for cosmetic reasons, I view it as no different than getting your teeth straightened or removing bags under your eyes. Some will argue that crooked teeth and eye bags and excessive forskin are all natural and should be left alone. That's fine. Maybe such procedures are not for everyone, but I certainly wouldn't criticize or employ extreme labels like "genital mutilation". Personally, I am not a fan of body art. However, I won't body shame anyone with disrespectful language who makes that decision for him/herself to get a tattoo.

I am circumcised and I like it that way. If I was not circumcised at birth, I would have definitely chosen it as an adult. However, I am not here to say that all uncircumcised penises are unappealing. There are some amazing uncut cocks here on LPSG that I lust over.

Vive le difference!

I think you are right that people do cosmetic stuff all the time--so if a guy wants an unsheathed cock for no other reason, why not?

If a guy wants that so bad I guess so... I just think uncut cocks are very normal. Growing up and living up and down the US East coast, most guys I see naked are cut like me. Probably 8 of 10. But the uncut dudes all look fine to me. They do spend a bit more time on their dicks in the showers to get the knobs clean!

Pretty sure if I was uncut I would not have gotten cut unless it caused me discomfort, etc.

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had it done a few years ago and have never looked back. Make sure you go for a high cut to keep as much inner foreskin as possible and above all else go to a doctor who uses skin glue. It gives a much neater scar line and speeds up healing by 50%.

The op itself is far less painful than some trips I have had to the dentist!

Reactions: japetty

mungoose

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I got circumcised at age 52. Wanted to do it for years but was always too scared. I had phimosis too which made it impossible to retract my foreskin when I was hard, and barely comfortable when flaccid. Turns out I was still I tried about nothing. Minimal discomfort - I only took the pain killers to see what they would do, and gave them up after day two or three. I took my stitches out after about a week as I was worried about them scarring. Erections were quite uncomfortable with them in but they didn't last long! I tried stretching techniques for about a year with no result other than making my foreskin swollen and uncomfortable. I built up gradually too. Would I rather have a foreskin? Absolutely, but since it wasn't working properly, I have no regrets. Slight loss of sensation I guess, but that just makes me last longer. And sex and masturbation are just as good.

Reactions: bi_todd

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've done this 2,5 weeks ago. It looks perfect now, and I'm very happy finally made this decission! Chose h&t.
From your pics, it appears you healed very fast. You have a beautiful circumcision with a straight clean scar. Nice job.

Reactions: orangeC

japetty

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've done this 2,5 weeks ago. It looks perfect now, and I'm very happy finally made this decission! Chose h&t.

Glad to hear you are happy with the decision you and your physician ended with and that you are pleased with the results. It look great.