Thinking of getting my labia pierced, how badly is it gonna hurt?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by jessicarabbitszs, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

This was 20 years ago... when the only pro piercers were in a couple of places in LA.

I had pierced my own cock, twice, so I had some experience.

I purchased the supplies, pre-sterilized and all..

I also did her nipples, and I can tell you, DON'T use any kind of clamp- the clamp hurts far worse that the piercing.

Also- folks- DO NOT PIERCE WITH ANY KIND OF "NEEDLE"-
    Buy a proper piercing lance.

They are hollow surgical steel tubes that are ground to a razor sharp EDGE.
    They slide thru more cleanly, they come in larger gauges to match the jewelry, and they are sterilized.

Opt for a larger gauge ring for a labia piercing.. 10 or 8 is good, 6 even better. A larger gauge spreads the force across more tissue and is less likely to tear, or pinch painfully in daily wear...
    And it looks hotter.

A great non-stinging topical anesthetic is AMBESOL- you can pick up at any supermarket.

And rather than using a clamp--- you can simply hold a Cork, or the cut end of a fresh carrot agaisnt the opposite side of the flesh to be pierced.
    Drive the lance thru the flesh and embed it into the cork or carrot...
    this way the sharp point is safely contained, in sinking into the cork, it cleanly cuts thru the flesh, and with the flesh up against the firm surface of the cork, it can not stretch... and it makes it much easier to control.

I know a woman who pierced her own nostril by simply shoving a carrot up her nose and driving the lance thru from the outside into the carrot.

WITH the dangerous end of the lance safely and firmly stuck in the cork, you can hold the lance by the cork and very controllably follow the but end all the way thru with the ring you are inserting.

And one adviso... do not pierce yourself or let an amatuer pierce you unless you are pretty damn confident they will not wimp out and stick the lance only halfway thru.

You need a cool and calm demeanor and the willingness to be kind by being deft and quick without being sloppy or haphazard.

And while I tend to agree that folks that pierce all over their faces have some issues... its not the piercing that is the issue... its their need to display them publicly...
    Piercing your genital is a private thing. no one sees them but those you are intimate with.

It has no effect on others... its a source of pleasure and delight...

And those who think it sick are simply too ignorant to have a valid opinion.

2. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

1. A pierced labia is more common than you think. As far as I'm concerned, normal is just a setting on a dish washer. What's abnormal to you is normal to others.
    2. Just because you agree with someone or dissent on an issue doesn't make you or that person right.
    3. It never fails to astound me about how fucking judgemental people are. And it always makes me wonder what deep seated issues they aren't dealing with that they feel compelled to take it out and cast judgement on others.
    4. How does your response have any relevance to how much a piercing is going to hurt?
    5. I'll forgo my next piercing and you can have my counseling session. Because that's how much I care.

3. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

No, there are plenty of other reasons for you to seek therapy. :biggrin1:

4. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Bad idea.

Then again, maybe I do. You haven't enough information to make such a pronouncement. But that typically doesn't stop you from pontificating ad nauseam from the seat of your own severely limited personal experience.

So from a sample size of one, you extrapolate that I haven't a clue. I guess that makes you brilliant! Either that, or intellectually dishonest. :tongue:

It took you long enough to admit your own subjectivity. Apology accepted.

5. Serial Kisser

Seriously,
    Do you just love to read your own posts? And have nothing better to do in life than start arguments??

A. You don't have a labia.
    B. You don't have piercings.

Ergo - You don't have a pierced labia.

Why respond?

Because you love the drama.

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I respond because I fucking want to, and the likes of you don't have what it takes to shut me up.

7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

My personal experience in this regard is nowhere near as limited as is yours.
    I have piercings... I know other people who have them...
    I have done piercings. On myself and on others.
    Right there I am vastly more knowledgeable on the subject than you.

And, FYI- the term pontificating is derived from the concept of the Pontiff, the Pope..
    who makes pronouncements about what is good and bad in sexual matters when he has ZERO direct experience on which to make such pronouncements.

Ergo- YOUR statements on this subject qualify as pontificating.
    Mine do not.

8. Serial Kisser

Again you're right! Imagine that! If I had a nuclear artillery to shut you up, I would have used it by now.

Enjoy your sad little life.

9. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Do you like my avatar?

10. B_chinagirl4u2

B_chinagirl4u2 New Member

I dont have a pierced labia, I do have a vertical hood piercing, pain yes, just like getting your ears pierced.

I love the look and feel of my jewerly, I would recommend it.

JMHO :smile:

11. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

To the OP, since it's been almost 3 years, how did the piercing go? Did you decide on it?

12. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I am such a baby when it comes to self-inflicted pain. If I have a choice I won't go through with it. It made me wince when I read the title of this thread. I only have one piercing in each ear, and that's about it for me.

13. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Oh Ellie I hate pain too.

But these are the piercings I've had in the last few years. LOL

I have both ears
    Both Nostrils
    Vertical Labret
    Traditional Labret
    Medusa
    Both Nipples
    Chest Dermal Anchor
    Vertical Hood
    Horizontal Hood

14. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    So you quite like it then :biggrin1:

15. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

No, i like the piercing after the pain is gone preferrably. I only endure the pain to get the end result that I can enjoy for a long time afterwards. I don't get piercings because I'm excited to look like a brave person for going through the pain. For several of them I had my physician numb me up with a lidocaine shot to help dull most of the pain. I wish i could have had that on all of them.

16. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not into the pain either MR. I haven't had many piercings without pain control either. To be honest I'm not sure I can get with the folk that say you should experience the pain or you haven't really experienced, blah, blah. For me it's mostly about the visual and sensual nature of the healed piercing.

17. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

High 5 for you Riven, glad to see someone agree with me.

18. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    :beerchug2:

19. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, here's my chicken story and I'm not proud of it. When I was 10 a babysitter pierced my ears. Mom was furious! She used an ice cube to numb it then a hat pin with alcohol and a wine cork. That's all I remember because I fainted! I'm serious! I didn't even feel the pain, but just knowing the needle was going in my ear made me lose it!!!

When I first got married I had to get my ears pierced again at a shop in the mall. I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach!

I think I would endure childbirth again before getting anything else pierced!!! Sorry. I'm such a chicken.

20. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not surprised your mum was furious. I would have been too if it happened to my child. It's not that unusual to swoon EllieP. A (guy) friend of mine passed out when his nipple was pierced. It didn't stop him from wanting more piercings though. He just had to make sure he was lying down first.

Draft saved Draft deleted