This day i shall never see again

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mr. Snakey, May 25, 2007.

1. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

After talking to a female member this morning . I had some things to do around the house. I got a call from one of members of our church. We are trying to help an elderly friend who is need. One thing i can tell about my state is if you are white or black and need help forget about it! If you are an illegal mexican hey no problem. Well i went and put on my best suite and hat and collected all the food and clothes the ladies bought her. I was dressed cleaner than a broken dick dog! Sister Wilson said i looked like Father Divine. For those of you who dont know who this man was all i can tell you is he got some serious trim. My Kim wears a dress everday even on her day off. I think i have seen her in pants only about 5 times since we met. Her point being that this is a day we will never see again and if we have nice clothes we should be thankfull and wear them. So when she got home tonight she was pleasently suprised. No dew rag and crumy jeans. So my question for everyone is do you like me have days where you get dressed up just to look your best? Many people dont have nice clothes to wear. This day i helped a friend and looked my best. Im sorry to see this day end:smile: Now excuse me Mr. Snakey will go in his house:wink:

2. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I usually dress up. :)

3. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Uncut, I love it. Only you could come up with that line.

Not nearly often enough. Almost never.
    I dress up only when I'm going to dinner or work takes me out of my cubbyhole home office.
    I think it's a mistake.
    You've got it right, uncut ... my teacher, my liege.:cool:

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Uncut... Kim's way of thinking is amazing. I usually dress in whatever is comfortable.. or whatever is at the edge of my bed... pj's or whatever. Alas I never dress up for no reason... no one is home enough to enjoy it but myself.

5. Love-it

Gold Member

No. When we got married, outdoors on the coast, I wore my work boots, blue jeans and tan work shirt.

6. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Yes. I save my good sneakers for weddings and funerals.

7. snoozan

Gold Member

I like this thread. It brings up something I've been thinking about a lot lately.

When I was in college, I dressed up and put on makeup nearly every day. I rarely wore jeans and never wore shorts, and always wore matching, attractive shoes. Mind you, what I wore wasn't what graced the covers of fashion magazines, but it was my style and it was something that I was very proud of. I was wearing lean Goodwill-style little tshirts years before they became the defacto favorite at your local Abercrombie and Fitch or Old Navy. I used to wear dresses all summer because shorts always seemed sloppy to me. The point is, I was always conscious of how I looked and I really miss being that way. These days I throw on whatever is halfway clean and somewhat fits and brush my teeth and run out the door. I don't like it.

I think it's become too acceptable in our society to go out looking like you just rolled out of bed. What happened to men in suits?

I think I am going to make a concerted effort to dress better because no matter who you are, if you look good, you feel a little better about yourself. Dressing up is like treating yourself to a nice dinner, but not as fattening.

8. DGirl

Gold Member

I do have some really NICE clothes. But, I work almost everyday. On the days I am off..
    I go NUDE or just my undies because I stay home and rest. But, if I go on my job interviews, when I get lucky to get one. I dress in my nice clothes.

9. B_Kshelby67

B_Kshelby67 New Member

I pretty much never wear makeup. I almost never dress really nice, because I really can't in my job. On my days off, I will sometimes dress nice, and when I have meetings at the office I will put on something nice because I really am not allowed the opportunity. Geez, if I wore anything but jeans and a tee to work, I'd have a hell of a time doing restraints. You kinda need to be comfortable.

I still only wear makeup on a very very special occasion though. If I wear it around a guy, he usually takes it as a very big sign I'm very much into him, trying to impress and all.

10. dong20

Gold Member

I wear whatever is comfortable. This usually means at least one size too big and much washed. I've never been a fashion victim.

A side effect being that when I do put on my good togs (apparently I do have some) people notice.

11. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    I try to keep up a good appearance. Although there are days when it is "Do I really need to shave today?" For work, though not suit and tie, we are expected to dress nicely. Once at home the clothes come off and if we go out, it is casual. My bf tends to set the bar high as he always dresses up and I have to say it is pretty hot.
    I like the idea of every now and again dressing up, you carry yourself differently.
    Once again Uncut, you lead by example. :smile:

12. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:

Wow! Uncut, your Kim is one hell of an amazing woman!
    I miss the corporate environment I was part of many moon's ago. I enjoy getting dressed up and so I relish opportunities like weddings etc. where I can do just that.

Draft saved Draft deleted