This Friday i need clothes for a formal seminar

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So far I was thinking Either Khaki's and a dark blue either polo or button down shirt with a tie. OR black khaki's nad an orange or red polo/buttondown shirt

THe school colors i'm from are Red and White, the ones I'm applying to are Orange. Please help, i have no sense of fashion!!!:eek:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It sounds like you are talking about a college/university recruiting seminar. Given your age, it might be for graduate school. If not a formal recruiting event, it still may have the possibility of making professional contacts. If that's the case, I suggest the following. BTW, I'm a university professor.
Given the conditions above, I would say, at minimum, light tan or dark blue/gray, or black slacks, dress socks that are NEVER lighter colored than the slacks, semi-casual shoes such as weejuns, belt matching shoe color and texture, and a dress shirt, preferably professionally starched and ironed. Depending on formality a tie is optional. Now, if you are talking about a presigious university in the northeast and it's for graduate school, I would DEFINITELY wear coat and tie. Have fun and good luck.
Dave