This is a thinker....

Ty101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So you and your wife is expecting your first child....but she is having complications. Its either, save her and the baby dies or save the baby and she dies...which would you choose???

FYI..this isnt a real life event that happened, it just came up n a convo

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Duh.

Save your wife. You can always make another baby.

you would so miss out on all the widower sympathy ass.

ml
let them both die. use the grief as an excuse to sink neck deep into booze, women of questionable virtue and bad poetry.

sam_solo26

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
you would so miss out on all the widower sympathy ass.

ml
let them both die. use the grief as an excuse to sink neck deep into booze, women of questionable virtue and bad poetry.

You're a horrible person, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Haha no, actually I'd ask her what she wants, and also why she wants that- taking into consideration her mental stability, her personality, etc. If you save her, she may not want to have anything to do with you or life in general. Then you've lost both...which is apparently what Mickey Lee would want. The logical, terrible bastard...

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You're a horrible person, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Haha no, actually I'd ask her what she wants, and also why she wants that- taking into consideration her mental stability, her personality, etc. If you save her, she may not want to have anything to do with you or life in general. Then you've lost both...which is apparently what Mickey Lee would want. The logical, terrible bastard...

so you save the kid, now you're stuck taking care of a baby by yourself. that whole single dad thing barely plays out in a bad sitcom, so not going to work in real life. even if you can spin it to the bleeding heart floozies you'll be too sleep derived to enjoy it. and you'll smell like similac or baby poop. maybe a combination of both.

i'm not even getting to how much you'll have to spend on the little tyke's therapy sessions. abandonment issues cost a pretty penny, new friend.

ml
oh and if they both kick it, one word - settlement.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ty, in that moment, I would remember every part of my wife's pregnancy. All the way back to the lovemaking session of conception and everything in between. Hoping that she'd get pregnant. Waiting to find out if she was pregnant. How good it felt when she WAS:biggrin1:. Spreading the news about the baby. Shopping for the baby. Holding her belly and rockin' them both to sleep, patiently dreaming.

Weight gain, shopping for maternity clothes, watching her eat the oddest things, & that platinum sex drive that she got on her at about 4 months, yeah. I would remember every little incident up to that very moment. Specifically, the night I asked her this very question that you're asking me. I think I held my breath after I asked her, "...You or the baby?" because I was so afraid of losing either one of them that I couldn't bear her answer.

She said, "Baby, I love you. In spite of our complications with trying to have this child, we've been blessed with this baby. So, you save our baby and you love them like you have loved me from the very beginning and everything will be just fine. Okay?"

Then I look so very deep into her eyes, tell her I love love her, kiss her goodbye and do what she asked...or suggested. I would honor my wife.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is a no-brainer. Save the wife. You can usually get a new baby, but you can't get a new mommy. Better to have two parents to raise a future child.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
1st baby or sibling?

1st baby needs a momma more than a sibling, imho.
I didn't factor in a sibling in my post. The OP didn't say anything about a sibling. Brothers & sisters are cool.

I think I would've been fine being an only child though. I love my siblings, but I can't remember a day when they didn't get on my nerves. Hmmmm?

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You can always spew out a dozen more kids
but you get only one of that particular wife.:tongue:
Nice pix 8060 and a really beatiful post about honoring "your wife".
Where she at? Where you hiding her?!:rolleyes:
cigarbabe:saevil:

Last edited:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You can always spew out a dozen more kids
but you get only one of that particular wife.:tongue:
Nice pix 8060!
cigarbabe:saevil:
So, I wonder if the concensus is that another child, a new child would be just like the last one?

I disagree.

If I chose to save my wife and have another child after losing the first, those are two different people in my eyes. I'm taking those that say 'have another kid' like this new child is no different than the previous child. IDK...what kind of impact is that?

Hmmm. I like this question for some reason.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
It depends on how healthy the baby is too, if there were severe complications and the baby couldn't have a healthy live because of those complications, the choice would be a bit easyer too choose for your wive. But you also have to listen too what she wants. Because if she wants you to save the baby and you save her, she will blame you for loosing her baby...

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A complicated question. I would urge anyone in this situation to discuss the situation with their Doctor, their Clergy person and also a professional in the field of therpy (sp).

Taking all this counsel and advice into consideration I think that the choice would have to be made by the couple. A difficult situation, but one that has to be developed by both parties or else the future can be very complicated. At least more complicated if the choice is left to one person.

I would not enjoy or like being put in this situation, yet, there are people who endure this type of situation on this planet.

I wish them all well.

staminaguy25

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You sick fuck...... Why is this a throw away link on here? Experience it and u will know. Twat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!