This is Soooo Wrong

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I feel sorry for this Girl. She's 8 years old, and Her Mother still
breast feeds her. She'll need therapy for sure.
Basically, this is child abuse.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
is this the british twat that like, brest fed both her daughters? like, one stopped, the other is 5 and is still breast feeding. i've never wanted to punch a lady before until i heard of that chick

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not even sure how to take that... a child that old should be able to make the decision.. but if they don't know any better.. then they aren't going to say no.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Worse yet, I know of someone who breast fed their son at 9.. and I, at first I thought sharing the bed with the boy was a bit much. But then again, that's San Francisco for you.....

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is absolutely heinous and most definetely child abuse. The whole family is clearly fucking nuts!

Rest assured if she were breastfeeding sons DYFS or Child Protective Services whatever it's called in the UK would be over there post-haste to take away the children and jail the mother.

It is common knowledge in the medical profession that after 13 months the nutritional benefits of breast milk decrease significantly for the child. Groups like La Leche try to encourage such nonsense by touting that women in Africa and India breastfeed their children on average to the age of six. They forget to mention that these women have no access to Similac, Enfamil, and Gerber products.

Worse yet, I know of someone who breast fed their son at 9.. and I, at first I thought sharing the bed with the boy was a bit much. But then again, that's San Francisco for you.....
That family bed thing is another stupid ass idea that needs to be shot to death. No wonder so many young people can't make a decision on their own, are attached to their parents 24/7 via cellphone; and have such outrageous senses of entitlement.

I am so sorry I looked at that video, now I'm all full of righteous indignation and won't be able to sleep well. :mad:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I was in a fog when I watched that video. I felt like I was watching one of those Onion videos which are a spoof on something. Then I realized that this wasn't a spoof, the lady was serious. Her comments were so shocking that I had a real problem focusing on the fact that this is for real. It really is happening.

I know that it sometimes is necessary in developing countries for a child who is sickly to nurse longer than normal. But seven years old! There is no need for that. True a child should be a part of the decision of when to stop nursing, but the mother should be a part of that as well.

I believe in letting children potty train themselves as well. Children do a better job at it than when adults get involved. But in some circumstances the parent has to step in. If an eight year old still wants to be in diapers, the mother is doing her child no favors by putting on the diapers and changing the child. There comes a time when the parent may just have to say, "You are too old. You have to grow up."

When parents deliberately play a role in preventing their child from maturing from one stage of development to another, it is child abuse. No matter how painful it may be for the child and the parent, children have to move on up the emotional maturation process. True we can let them help set the speed, but to get stuck in a time warp at any age can be devastating to the child.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gerber, Similac and Enfamil are not natural, and cannot possibly be better than breast milk. The women in other countries who do not have access to these "wonderful" products certainly do have access in many cases to at least a limited variety of fruits or vegetables and cereal grains. They also have mortars and pestles. If they thought food was better for their children, they'd feed them these things mashed up, minus the preservatives added by Gerber. The girls eat food. They are getting what they need physically and emotionally. The girl who no longer breast feeds talks about it like she wishes she still were. To each their own. I know a woman who was still suckling her 3 year old son, who said she'd do it until he stopped wanting it. He gave it up on his own around the age of four. She was feeding him a high fiber (vegan) diet, and he was just too full for milk too, though he still loves to be cradled. I don't see what the big deal is, or how it's abusive.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gerber, Similac and Enfamil are not natural, and cannot possibly be better than breast milk. The women in other countries who do not have access to these "wonderful" products certainly do have access in many cases to at least a limited variety of fruits or vegetables and cereal grains. They also have mortars and pestles. If they thought food was better for their children, they'd feed them these things mashed up, minus the preservatives added by Gerber. The girls eat food. They are getting what they need physically and emotionally. The girl who no longer breast feeds talks about it like she wishes she still were. To each their own. I know a woman who was still suckling her 3 year old son, who said she'd do it until he stopped wanting it. He gave it up on his own around the age of four. She was feeding him a high fiber (vegan) diet, and he was just too full for milk too, though he still loves to be cradled. I don't see what the big deal is, or how it's abusive.

It's abusive because it is not teaching them how to do things on their own such as drinking from a cup.;) Also, after they work up so much dependency who knows it might screw them up for the rest of their life. They might be trying to breastfeed when they are teens or adults. It's like never potty training your kid and just putting diapers on them until they decide they want to use the toilet. I'm sure this can't be mentally healthy for the kids that get breastfed for that long. Theres a certain time when you need to stop treating your child like a baby and stop treating them like a kid and eventually start treating them like an adult. With the way these people do their parenting their kids could possibly have trouble growing up and being a part of society.
Also, it's definately not normal to love your moms breasts as much as they did. They had fucking nicknames for each breast. Thats just weird and wrong IMO.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's abusive because it is not teaching them how to do things on their own such as drinking from a cup.Also, after they work up so much dependency who knows it might screw them up for the rest of their life. They might be trying to breastfeed when they are teens or adults. It's like never potty training your kid and just putting diapers on them until they decide they want to use the toilet. I'm sure this can't be mentally healthy for the kids that get breastfed for that long. Theres a certain time when you need to stop treating your child like a baby and stop treating them like a kid and eventually start treating them like an adult. With the way these people do their parenting their kids could possibly have trouble growing up and being a part of society.

They drink from cups. They also eat solid food. One of the girls has already decided to stop breast feeding, and hasn't been breast fed in at least three years. The mother has clearly said she knows her daughter cannot be suckled forever. Children who decide to potty train for themselves are generally more successful at it than those pressured into it. People in other cultures do it, and they grow up just fine. Fewer than 56% of American babies are breast fed at all, and we're not exactly churning out Einstein or Mother Theresa every day. I think most people who have problems with this primarily are just uncomfortable with it because it isn't common to their culture.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just joking about the cups thing but she didn't say that she woudn't stop her kids from breast feeding at a certain age she just said that it won't happen. I take it that means she is expecting her kid to give it up. Who knows she may or she may not. Probably the only reason there hasn't been a case (not that I have heard of anyway) where someone was dependent on breastfeeding for much more of their lives is because it's very rare that people breastfeed their kids for so long. Also, you don't see dogs or cats breastfeeding their babies for that long it just doesn't seem natural it has nothing to do with my culture. I think you need to help your kids grow up that's what parenting is all about. What is the point in breast feeding them anyway after they already know how to eat and drink on their own. It is really pointless that she does this. If she didn't do it for so long the kids wouldn't desire it as much as they do and wouldn't be worshipping her breasts like they do.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree that breastfeeding can probably be healthy for your child forever. Not arguing that point. In fact, almost everything I found online says that breastfeeding should continue until you and the child decide to stop. But when does it "cross the line"? I never breastfed, wasn't able to. I tried, though. But I couldn't have seen myself breastfeeding my son past 1 year, MAYBE 18 months. It's incredibly inconvenient. And after a certain age, the nutritional benefits do decrease, as njqt466 said. What five year old wants to tell his friends that when he gets home from school, he's going to snack on cookies and boob? Seriously. My son was strictly formula fed. Started on cereal when he was 4 months, baby food at 5 or 6 months, and some normal "adult" foods (i.e., hotdogs, dry cereal) at 9 months. He's incredibly intelligent, fully functional, independent, and has no health problems at all. Not even seasonal allergies. So I guess formula can't be all bad. I do make an exception for people in 3rd world countries who don't have milk or formula or whatever other items their child would need to have a healthy, balanced diet. That comes out of necessity. But here in America, I think it comes out of want/need/insecurity on the parents behalf.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So when do you think she should stop, and why is that the right answer?

I think she should stop once the kid can eat and drink on their own. I think it's right because it is a part of growing up. My parents had to break me from drinking out of a bottle and I'm glad they did. Theres no telling how long I would have been drinking out of a bottle if they didn't.
Also, TattooedMamaMeg is right about when a kid is in school and tells their friends they are going home having some breastmilk and cookies. You know the other kids are going to make fun of them for that if they find out. It may even be the mothers fault the kid still wants to breastfeed. I think in most cases a child will be ready to move on to a bottle much earlier than her kid. She must have allowed them to become too close to her breasts I mean come on they treat her breasts as if they are the most wonderful things in the world. They named them.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So when do you think she should stop, and why is that the right answer?

Up until about 1990 most women in the USA stopped breastfeeding when the child started teething. This makes sense! I do not dispute the benefits to a childs overall health and immunosystem when breast fed for one year. It has been scientifically proven, that breastfeeding the first year is extremely beneficial. After that however I have heard that the benfit is negligible. That said, weaning can take a while, most children and mothers can accomplish this safely and without emotional upheaval in 90 days or less.

In the last 15 years it has become common in the USA to breast feed for the first year. I would even generously say do it for 15 months, after that both mother and child need to get a life. Since many mothers need to work breast feeding and pumping becomes an onerous burden rather quickly.

FYI - I have a very good friend who was a LA Leche coach for about 5 years. She breastfed her son until he was three. Yes, I told her she was nuts! He must be the anomaly because this kid had more major illnesses between the ages of 6 and 9 than I've ever seen. I don't even want to get into his learning disabilities. Which required him to be in special classes, before she had to pull him out an home school him.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Some one posted at what age should children stop breast feading. I'll ask this. At what age should a child finish potty training? I agree with the poster that said most children who trian themselves are much more successful than those who are forced into it. But what if a 17 year old boy wears diapers because it feels good to pee in them and it feels so good when mommy changes him. Yeah, everyone sees a red flag there.

I don't think there is an aribtary age to name that all children should quit breast feeding. I do believe there is an age where we all can agree that the child is too old and it has nothing to do with eating, but a lot to do with too much dependency on the mother.

Again, if a 17 year old boy is breast feeding, don't you think a lot of people will get concerned? If we had a video of that 17 year old boy in his mothers lap with her hand carressing his butt and holding him while he sucked her breasts and gave each breast a name, that child protection agency wouldn't be at the door?

While I won't give an arbitary age, I can see when a child is clearly too old to be breast feeding. And I don't think culture has that much to do with it being too old or not. As one poster has said, if the child is able to eat and drink all they need on their own, then breast feeding is no longer needed.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some one posted at what age should children stop breast feading. I'll ask this. At what age should a child finish potty training? I agree with the poster that said most children who trian themselves are much more successful than those who are forced into it. But what if a 17 year old boy wears diapers because it feels good to pee in them and it feels so good when mommy changes him. Yeah, everyone sees a red flag there.

I don't think there is an aribtary age to name that all children should quit breast feeding. I do believe there is an age where we all can agree that the child is too old and it has nothing to do with eating, but a lot to do with too much dependency on the mother.

Again, if a 17 year old boy is breast feeding, don't you think a lot of people will get concerned? If we had a video of that 17 year old boy in his mothers lap with her hand carressing his butt and holding him while he sucked her breasts and gave each breast a name, that child protection agency wouldn't be at the door?

While I won't give an arbitary age, I can see when a child is clearly too old to be breast feeding. And I don't think culture has that much to do with it being too old or not. As one poster has said, if the child is able to eat and drink all they need on their own, then breast feeding is no longer needed.

Exactly.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

Now you may want to shoot me for saying this, but no one mentioned the dependency issues in the mother. We all know this is not an unpleasurable experience for the mother either.THough I have never been a mother nor engaged in breastfeeding, I do think a great big 8 year old with teeth needs to get with the program. My mother used to crack me up looking at some younger mothers stretching out the process into the 4th and 5th year. She would just say, "Mmmhmmmm, that baby isnt the only one enjoying that experience! " LOL! I will say no more....:rolleyes: