This is the week American Idol winner is chosen

Nurse!!

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dull vs Bland. Who gives a fuck! Seriously, neither of them have got a great recording future. This entire season of AI has been one long yawnfest.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
huh... not!

I didn't feel like I wanted A to win but when C won it was like damn A got robbed. its so confusing, lol

bbristow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i am so happy that Cook won. although i still think this season was not as good as some of the previous ones.

B_Halliefreak

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Papa Archuleta isn't going to be very pleased...

HAHAHAHA! He sure isn't...personally, I hated them both! David A. was ugly, always looked like he was going to cry(did anyone else notice his eyes looked weird??), and too cutesy. David C, had a weird shaped head(it looked really long, hence that awful hair style to cover it), screamed too much for me, and i just didn't like him. Personally, I loved Syesha Mercado, granted she had horrible songs, but she had much more potential and better stage presence. I look forward to seeing/hearing from her in the future :smile:

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
P.S.
David A. is Gay!!!!! maybe David C. as well...

David Archuleta just. . .doesn't come off as straight to me. I'm not saying he's "gay," but:

Hank Hill said:
That boy ain't right!

David Cock just looks flat-out gay to me. I'm sure it didn't help that both of them were crying their eyes out for the last two shows.

p.s Which one was the dancer? lol

QuiteOne

Sexy Member
Media
I never understood what people liked about David A. I always thought he was just average. It was hit-or-miss from one song to the next. He always looked uncomfortable. He never once looked like a pop star. Isn't that the point of American Idol? To identify a potential star. David A. just doesn't have what it takes. David C. has pop star written all over him. His stage presence is awesome. He looks totally in his element when he's up there. His voice is nice... nothing amazing, but he's consistent and enjoyable to watch. He had my vote (figuratively) from the very first week.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
David Archuleta just. . .doesn't come off as straight to me. I'm not saying he's "gay," but:

David Cock just looks flat-out gay to me. I'm sure it didn't help that both of them were crying their eyes out for the last two shows.

p.s Which one was the dancer? lol

neither one was the dancer, David that was the dancer was one of the first to get voted off, 10 weeks ago

I seen one poster called David A. Ugly then said he was to cutesy, is that possible?

I did see that look in his eyes, reminds me of those children with odd shaped heads and mental illness

the lap dancer dude really sucked on the finale show, Paula got it right, she was very well spoken for a change and she said its strange they call it the finale when theres nothing finale about it, I still hope theres a career ahead for the both of them. I thought that duet in the beginning of the show only proved that you don't have to do it alone to be successful.

I also wish they'd change the format of at least the last show. All this build up for the number one contestant and they do it with only minutes on the show to acknowledge it. Why can't they say it at the beginning of the show and spend 2 hours memorializing all the contestants efforts. Def a great show with great performances, loved the gladys knight spoof video.

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the better man won. Cook will sizzle the charts and he will have a good career. It's up to him to sustain it.

Archuleta needs to get away from his dad, and become his own man. Then he will be great.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
David C. has pop star written all over him. His stage presence is awesome. He looks totally in his element when he's up there. His voice is nice... nothing amazing, but he's consistent and enjoyable to watch. He had my vote (figuratively) from the very first week.

That's basically what I think.
I agree that his voice isn't amazing, but I think what he does with it can be amazing.
I didn't really follow the shows ... before last night's finale, had just caught some performances on YouTube.
But I thought what Cook did with Billie Jean was phenomenal.
David Archuleta has a much better voice as such, and he can do lots with it ... but where is the pop performer in him? He's like an extremely precocious songster in a local music festival. Lovable (very much so), but no sizzle.
I don't hear the real pop performer, nor see it.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think the better man won. Cook will sizzle the charts and he will have a good career. It's up to him to sustain it.

Archuleta needs to get away from his dad, and become his own man. Then he will be great.

Totally agree one of my concerns with David A was that he was so young if they had waited until next year he may have won the show, now he can't have another chance to try. But as all three judges mentioned there all winners. They still have a top 10 tour to do so they will all be busy, there even still adding tour dates to there schedule.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think George Michael was the other big winner. For a guy with stage fright he sure picked a ginormous audience to kick-off his swan song tour. He looked uncomfortable, but I thought Praying For Time sounded brilliant.

I never knew he had stage fright. I was totally shocked to see him on the show considering his prior arrests in public toilets.

It was the first live performance by Michael that I've ever enjoyed. It was genuinely emotional and drew the audience in masterfully.

He sounded good but somewhat different, and I couldn't put my finger on it. At the end Ryan mentioned about George going on tour, and he said something about having a cold and hoped it would be gone by then.

Papa Archuleta isn't going to be very pleased...

Once David turns 18 he can free himself from Daddy Dearest.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of the two Davids, I wanted Archuleta (spelling?) to win. However Michael Johns was much better than David Cooke.

Does anyone besides me think Simon knew the outcome before it was officially announced?

The show was too long and should have been cut to an hour. I tuned in to only see who won.

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I also felt David A. should have won, but it was a very tight contest, as David C. was also a tremendous talent to be reckoned with.
I also think that David Cook may be the more commercially successful artist in the sense, that he will try different styles and blend them with his own unique take on it.
No doubt that David Archuleta had the better voice. The kid CAN sing!! But I feel for him, as he may be a really sensitive kid, who's father has perhaps mentally, emotionally, maybe even physically abused him. Looking at him, you can tell he has a lot of unresolved issues to deal with. His father should at the very least be investigated by a counselor or even law enforcement for his abusiveness. You'll notice David's mother never seemed to appear in the audience while her son was performing. She's probably an abuse victim as well. She come from South America, where women are expected to take a subservient role to their husbands.
IF David A. is gay, as a few posters have stated in this thread, don't you think we should all just leave that issue alone and let the dude deal with his life in his own time? This kid is going thru hell with his father and bringing that subject into the mix certainly won't make his life any easier.
I believe David Archuleta will be a pop star and probably make a big name for himself in the Broadway arena as well. The sooner he parts from his dysfunctional family, the better he will be, if he doesn't end up killing himself.
His lack of self-esteem is so evident and painful to watch. He is so closed in on himself, he lacks the ability to interact in a social situation. If you notice in his actions on stage during the whole Idol competition, he stood apart from his co-competitors, not from a feeling of superiority, but from not knowing how to open up and embrace them as a friend. Even rivals can be friendly, but David's dad seems to have poisoned that well a long time ago.
When he sings and closes his eyes, to me it appears as he is closing out the world of pain he has known and escaping into himself, as his singing is his only place of worth or freedom.
Congrats to David Cook!! Rock on, David Archuleta!!!

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad David C. Won...I don't think David A. is ready to enter the music biz just yet... Yes he's awesome..but a lil' too innocent still. They would walk all over him. ON a side note... I think Carly should have been in the finals she was always my fave along with David C. :) I feel that MANY of the final 12 we'll be seeing again...