This is what Class War Looks Like

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some country you live in..why is no one rising up like the Egyptians?

Why is a Democratic president allowing this to happen?

Wow!

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some country you live in..why is no one rising up like the Egyptians?

Why is a Democratic president allowing this to happen?

Wow!
It hasn't been signed into law. It is the proposal of the Republican held House of Representatives. I give it a snowball's chance in hell of making it past the Democratically controlled Senate and President. I posted it to show where the House Republicans priorities are.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for posting this Indy. When I saw it earlier today I wondered how to integrate that chart into the LPSG Politics discussions, but it looks like you've done it for me.

And before anyone rails on about how Andrew Sullivan is a "libtard": he's not. He's an old-school conservative and, in many ways, remains at the feet of his idols, Thatcher and Reagan.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for posting this Indy. When I saw it earlier today I wondered how to integrate that chart into the LPSG Politics discussions, but it looks like you've done it for me.

And before anyone rails on about how Andrew Sullivan is a "libtard": he's not. He's an old-school conservative and, in many ways, remains at the feet of his idols, Thatcher and Reagan.
Actually here is the origin of that chart with all the information supporting the numbers:
Infographic: Tax Breaks vs. Budget Cuts

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
They say the purpose of a chart is to show a lot of information at a glance... they say. And this one shows in as clear a way as possible the REPUBLICAN agenda - at a glance.

Unfortunately though, those who walk around with blinders on STILL won't get it.

From the rest of us, thanks for the post.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You all have fallen for this class warfare shit the liberals have been brainwashing you with, hook, line and sinker.

The chart does a great job of creating the illusion that the money for those programs is being directly siphoned off to rich old guys in giant mansions somewhere.

But it keeps the truth in the dark in order to get the young and/or poor all pissed off at the wealthy.

The truth is that the wealthy still pay a much higher percentage of the total taxes than the poor.

They also pay a higher percentage of their income to taxes than the poor.

But here is the BIG cover up:

All that money in the right column, funds jobs for the non-wealthy and it does it much more efficiently than the government crap on the left side of the chart.

America would be such a better place if it ended class warfare. The first place they should start is a flat tax. That means that everyone in the top 95% of income level should pay the exact same percentage of their income towards taxes. That way we can all vote on the same thing. You want programs? Then we should all pay for them (minus the bottom 5% of course).

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
America would be such a better place if it ended class warfare. The first place they should start is a flat tax. That means that everyone in the top 95% of income level should pay the exact same percentage of their income towards taxes. That way we can all vote on the same thing. You want programs? Then we should all pay for them (minus the bottom 5% of course).

Haha, sucker.

A flat tax is how the rich sell tax cuts to people who don't understand economics.

All history is the story of class wars. The fun part about America is that the wealthy have been convince the poor to fight that war for them.

But honestly, the utter hilarity of Stratedude looking at the current distribution and of wealth and saying "this class war needs to stop" is just something too funny to make up. I mean, what, do you want 99% of the wealth concentrated in the top 10%? The top 1%

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Before you get banned, I'd appreciate it if you could provide non-biased sources to back up your list of claims.

You all have fallen for this class warfare shit the liberals have been brainwashing you with, hook, line and sinker.

The chart does a great job of creating the illusion that the money for those programs is being directly siphoned off to rich old guys in giant mansions somewhere.
Pointedly, the chart doesn't show any such thing. I shows money isn't being spent for fairly between public and private interests.

But it keeps the truth in the dark in order to get the young and/or poor all pissed off at the wealthy.
Actually, it's rather eye-opening, letting the reader see exactly how the Republican'ts feel about those who are not "rich."

The truth is that the wealthy still pay a much higher percentage of the total taxes than the poor.
Please provide a legitimate source for this claim.

In many cases this is true, but you're ignoring that the middle and lower earners of the USA collectively pay more in taxes than the 2.5% of the rich.

All that money in the right column, funds jobs for the non-wealthy and it does it much more efficiently than the government crap on the left side of the chart.
Source please?

America would be such a better place if it ended class warfare. The first place they should start is a flat tax.
Source please?

That means that everyone in the top 95% of income level should pay the exact same percentage of their income towards taxes. That way we can all vote on the same thing. You want programs? Then we should all pay for them (minus the bottom 5% of course).

And you, of course, have the numbers to back this up? Source Please?

I'm serious. I hear these wild assumptions, but nothing to back them up. Therefore, I have no other option than to assume you're just lying. If you can prove me wrong, I happily agree to your over-generalizations.

Last edited:

Cuddler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Warren Buffet would disagree with you:

... Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent.​
Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

America would be such a better place if it ended class warfare.

I'll agree with you on that.

ThickMeatJacker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So tell me how a tax break for a deduction for mortgage interest on vacation homes provides much needed jobs for the middle class? Go on have another serving of GOP Kool Aide.