This is why lpsg meetups are a bad idea

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow,

It isnt so unbelievable. We have had more than a couple of near misses here.This is a cautionary tale for all of us. The net may seem like fantasy island but there are real people behind the screens typing on the keypads. LPSG meet ups are not the problem. It was in this case all of the conversation and deception that led to that point. SO often people want to reinvent themselves online hoping they will have better cyber luck than they do in real life. But when real people are involved lying can have some serious consequences. Isnt it fascinating that both Montgomery and Mary/Jessie were middle aged adults trying to reinvent themselves?

That being said I think that there are ways in which meetings can go well. I have met two LPSG members at this point and I had nothing but positive experiences. But then they pretty much knew what to expect.

Damn!

I've been extremely lucky. Everyone I met at the Thunder's meet were great and exactly what I expected. The only other people I met were friends from another chat room but I had known them for 8 years before meeting them in person and then only in public at first.

Just have to be careful whether you meet someone online or in real life. I stick by the maxim, "Extraodinary claims require extraordinary proof."

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damn!

I've been extremely lucky. Everyone I met at the Thunder's meet were great and exactly what I expected. The only other people I met were friends from another chat room but I had known them for 8 years before meeting them in person and then only in public at first.

Just have to be careful whether you meet someone online or in real life. I stick by the maxim, "Extraodinary claims require extraordinary proof."

you are so right- caution instead of stupidity, kinda sounds like they both had too much of one and not enough of the other... :lmao:
but it happens.. and it IS crazy....

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This kind of thing happens when people ignore their instincts, I've seen it so many times on the net, all the signs can be there and people suspend disbelief because they want to go on having a good time. If we use the same rules on the net as we use in real life meeting on the net can be as good a way as any to meet.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow,

It isnt so unbelievable. We have had more than a couple of near misses here.This is a cautionary tale for all of us. The net may seem like fantasy island but there are real people behind the screens typing on the keypads. LPSG meet ups are not the problem. It was in this case all of the conversation and deception that led to that point. SO often people want to reinvent themselves online hoping they will have better cyber luck than they do in real life. But when real people are involved lying can have some serious consequences. Isnt it fascinating that both Montgomery and Mary/Jessie were middle aged adults trying to reinvent themselves?

That being said I think that there are ways in which meetings can go well. I have met two LPSG members at this point and I had nothing but positive experiences. But then they pretty much knew what to expect.

You are so right. I recall a similar situation early in my internet socialization. Someone in the circle of online friends was being deceptive and we (all of us had met face to face) had no idea. One female had presented herself as 25. She later hooked up with one of the other guys. One day the truth comes out, she was actually 15.

I'll count my blessings (knocking on my wooden desk), I have met loads of people in real life that started as online friends and they were exactly who they said they are. This story, though extreme, is as Wldhoney said, very depressing. You tend to learn who is well adjusted, who is not. Who is genuine, and who is not. My wife knows who I talk to and what I talk about. As a matter of fact, a couple of people on here helped with a couple of things the wife and I were having impasses about and we got them worked out.

To me, I am nothing here that I am not to my real life friends. Last checked, a 40 year old, fat black man with a wife and four kids doesn't necessarily say "hit on the sexy male" to people.:biggrin1:

Duder does remind us with this article though that for everyone of us that is honest and is who we say we are, there are several more coming here for an escape from a reality they hate.

Just be safe and be careful.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"This is why lpsg meetups are a bad idea"...

Actually, I disagree. This is why, once you have started an online friendship, you SHOULD meet up, as soon as possible, if you are really interested, and find out if the person is for real.

Many of us have done so with out complications, sometimes a disappointing experience, but often, mutual satisfaction.

Meeting in person, safely, in public, prevents deception.

Onan

nerd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
n00bs got pwned for not asking webcam or sign pictures as proof ^_^

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
n00bs got pwned for not asking webcam or sign pictures as proof ^_^

That isn't always foolproof. Our "25" year old met us and even got into bars (fraudulent ID). Cam and pics are no true test. Neither are phone calls.

If meeting up, best advice is to do it in a group or very public place. In this day and age, you can't be too careful.