This is why lpsg meetups are a bad idea

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why would any of us feel the need to prove who we are nerd? I would imagine one would only feel a need to prove you are who you are if you weren't who you are :)

Very true. SP and I have a similar view, what you see is what you get.

<-------------------------------40 year old fat black man avatar. :biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And a very interesting man to boot :)

I think people on the net can become overly suspicious when they've allowed their good sense to be outweighed by their hormones. Once bitten twice shy, but if they would only apply a little common sense to their time on the net it'd work out so much better. It's communication and like any communication we all give away a lot with every sentence we say, if the 'feel' of the person you're chatting to doesn't fit in with the photos they display then it's probably a fake.

nerd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
That isn't always foolproof. Our "25" year old met us and even got into bars (fraudulent ID). Cam and pics are no true test. Neither are phone calls.

If meeting up, best advice is to do it in a group or very public place. In this day and age, you can't be too careful.

oh well, if somebody claims to be 25 but is 15 instead, it doesn't matter. they are still the same person.

if you like the way they act and the way they look, it also means they are mature enough to pass as 25, so it's all good

nerd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why would any of us feel the need to prove who we are nerd? I would imagine one would only feel a need to prove you are who you are if you weren't who you are :)

i am not suggesting people should prove who they are, i am just suggesting people should ignore gender, description, pictures and all those other details when dealing with internet users UNLESS those details can be proven.

that's exactly what i do.

i don't care what you or anyone looks like, at all. i don't even want to know.
but if somebody wants me to know, then i am skeptic until i have hard proof.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And a very interesting man to boot :)

:redface: Thank you. I try.

And again, very true. In reading the article Duder posted, I can't imagine how this guy managed so many identities. I coudn't. I have enough trouble remembering my appointments, those of the wife and kids, and work functions and I have it all in my Blackberry. It comes down to why you are here.

I joned this forum because I had a concern and an issue in the LP arena. Little did I know the band of wonderful looneys I was about to meet.:biggrin1:
I got my solutions, but I stay for this reason:

I like the people I am getting to know.

I'm glad to make a friend or 10 along the way (If you are looking for love or sex, I'm not your guy).

I love the intelligent and insightful people.

The strong women who daily teach me something that, believe it or not, makes me a better husband (my wife will probably do a Snoopy happy dance when seeing me admit this).

And my muses who have inspired me to write again after a 10 year hiatus. (BIG thank you for that).

So I guess you have to look at why you are here. I'm secure and like my life. This is just a bonus for a life being well lived is the only way I can put it.

Does that make sense? :confused:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh well, if somebody claims to be 25 but is 15 instead, it doesn't matter. they are still the same person.

if you like the way they act and the way they look, it also means they are mature enough to pass as 25, so it's all good

And that is why this person is still a dear friend. It just went from potential love interest, to a dad role with her. :smile:

It doesn't always mean the person does it maliciously. This person actually felt bad and came out fully expecting me to never speak to her again. Instead we had a long, hard talk about life and the net and she is a very strong, secure 22 year old now (the 25 thing happened 7 years ago). I'm proud of who she has grown into and yes, she was always the same person.

nerd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
And that is why this person is still a dear friend. It just went from potential love interest, to a dad role with her. :smile:

ah i see :D

i wouldn't have had such a problem, given that 14 is the minimum consensual age here... i don't really like the very young ones, but if she could pass as 25 both mentally and physically, it would have been all good in my book. ^_^

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ah i see :D

i wouldn't have had such a problem, given that 14 is the minimum consensual age here... i don't really like the very young ones, but if she could pass as 25 both mentally and physically, it would have been all good in my book. ^_^

Her parents are both in law enforcement. You were saying?:wink:

Scarier, this goes back to a post about girls looking more developed earlier. This girl was a DD at 15 and made that fact well known.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What does that make me?! Double :eek:

I have only met two people from LPSG in person, but have plans to meet up with a couple of others. The people that I'm close to from LPSG are searchable because I know things about them, as they know things about me. We have sent presents for birthdays and holidays, we talk on the phone, etc. By knowing where they work, live, phone numbers, and on and on, we can Google each other and find things, so I know that they are for real, as they can do for me and find the same thing.

People who are unhappy and looking for love will do the wildest things, which is what happened to all those people in the article. Truly sad and frightening!