This may seem a little weird... but... (Vancouver and area)

Dan43

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a 56 year old gay guy with a partner of 13 years who I do not live with and we do not spend a lot of time together, except for the occasional weekend with friends. I spend most of the time by myself, either working from home, or doing things on my own. The pandemic has hit us hard and my partner is a germophobe, so we don't visit together much anymore. I'm not blaming him, I totally understand what his wishes are and we just do not spend as much time together as I would like to. He is also spending a lot of time looking after his aging parents so is living at his parents place. I don't like being alone and occasional weekend visits are not enough. I'd like something more but not in the way of a relationship. I'm just looking for friends to hang out with and go to the beach and do some hiking with, and to just have someone there to chat with if I need to talk. Don't get me wrong, I love my partner in every way, and because of his other commitments, the physical aspect of our relationship is missing. I do have other friends (a lot, actually) but like I said due to the pandemic I haven't seen most of them in over a year and most of them are busy with their own lives. I'm not looking for a lover, sex partner, a one-night stand, I'm just looking for someone to be around whenever I long companionship.

I know this sounds really sad and I feel like I would be cheating if I decided to find some more friends with a little more time to spend with me. But it isn't really, it's just a struggle trying to find new friends to hang out with. I know, you read this and you go "56?? No way man, too old!" but when I say I'm youthful and somewhat ok looking, not overweight (well, except maybe 10 lbs or so for my age like most of us). I'm a pretty easy going guy, loves to collect a lot of Disney stuff from the parks and visit every couple of years (when there is no pandemic), and run my own music website that plays Disney music.

Although I spend much of my time at home, I am an outdoorsy type. I love hiking around Pitt Lake, or going to Iona Beach out by the airport and getting nude. I like going to Wreck Beach and hanging out (litereally, but haven't been there for a long time). I'm somewhat of a nudist, but only when I'm my myself or in hidden or out of the way places like Iona Beach or in my own little thicket out by Pitt Lake where on a warm weekday I'll strip down and spend much of the time I'm there nude (weekdays are better, the trails are less travelled and I'm unlikely to run into anyone who might be shocked). I sometimes fantasize about being outdoors on someone's private property, just relaxing in the nude on a warm day with someone, not having to worry about anti-nudity nazis coming by and being freaked out because I'm naked. I don't do anything lewd or obscene, I just like being naked. Is that so difficult to understand? If you like being naked indoors or outdoors too, then that might take some of the pressure off me.

I've found myself with quite a collection of lycra clothing. I really love the feeling of how it feels against my skin and as you can probably tell if you follow any of my posts, I'm just recently starting to feel more confident about wearing lycra pants to the store and out of the house instead of just wearing them when I'm taking out the trash or something. I've only done this a couple of times, and I'm beginning to learn that nobody cares, and those that do will probably make some sort of negative comment that I'll try to ignore. If you don't mind me wearing them when you're around, then maybe we can do it together. That would be nice, then we can fend off the prudes that have nothing better to do than to criticize others who are different than them.

I'm pretty much an introvert and a little shy when it comes to meeting new people. But if you can bring me out of my shell, then I think we'll get along fine. I'm not an ageist, I like friends of all ages and races and as long as we get along together, that's all that counts. If you're 18 or 58, that's OK in my book. If you've gotten this far in this personal ad, and you like what you've been reading I invite you to reply if you're looking for a new friend and we can get together. Remember, I'm not looking for sex, and this is not an ad for anything sexual.

I hope to hear from you soon! I'll only send a photo to those who are serious about becoming friends.

Don Logan

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
No, doesn't sound like cheating. You're somewhere between "I'll never venture from my apartment, I'm that monogamous" and "Let's meet in the public restroom in 10 minutes." This is where 99.9% of us are. Sounds like you're just widening your circle. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: melblad74 and Dan43

pradelicious

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a 56 year old gay guy with a partner of 13 years who I do not live with and we do not spend a lot of time together, except for the occasional weekend with friends. I spend most of the time by myself, either working from home, or doing things on my own. The pandemic has hit us hard and my partner is a germophobe, so we don't visit together much anymore. I'm not blaming him, I totally understand what his wishes are and we just do not spend as much time together as I would like to. He is also spending a lot of time looking after his aging parents so is living at his parents place. I don't like being alone and occasional weekend visits are not enough. I'd like something more but not in the way of a relationship. I'm just looking for friends to hang out with and go to the beach and do some hiking with, and to just have someone there to chat with if I need to talk. Don't get me wrong, I love my partner in every way, and because of his other commitments, the physical aspect of our relationship is missing. I do have other friends (a lot, actually) but like I said due to the pandemic I haven't seen most of them in over a year and most of them are busy with their own lives. I'm not looking for a lover, sex partner, a one-night stand, I'm just looking for someone to be around whenever I long companionship.

I know this sounds really sad and I feel like I would be cheating if I decided to find some more friends with a little more time to spend with me. But it isn't really, it's just a struggle trying to find new friends to hang out with. I know, you read this and you go "56?? No way man, too old!" but when I say I'm youthful and somewhat ok looking, not overweight (well, except maybe 10 lbs or so for my age like most of us). I'm a pretty easy going guy, loves to collect a lot of Disney stuff from the parks and visit every couple of years (when there is no pandemic), and run my own music website that plays Disney music.

Although I spend much of my time at home, I am an outdoorsy type. I love hiking around Pitt Lake, or going to Iona Beach out by the airport and getting nude. I like going to Wreck Beach and hanging out (litereally, but haven't been there for a long time). I'm somewhat of a nudist, but only when I'm my myself or in hidden or out of the way places like Iona Beach or in my own little thicket out by Pitt Lake where on a warm weekday I'll strip down and spend much of the time I'm there nude (weekdays are better, the trails are less travelled and I'm unlikely to run into anyone who might be shocked). I sometimes fantasize about being outdoors on someone's private property, just relaxing in the nude on a warm day with someone, not having to worry about anti-nudity nazis coming by and being freaked out because I'm naked. I don't do anything lewd or obscene, I just like being naked. Is that so difficult to understand? If you like being naked indoors or outdoors too, then that might take some of the pressure off me.

I've found myself with quite a collection of lycra clothing. I really love the feeling of how it feels against my skin and as you can probably tell if you follow any of my posts, I'm just recently starting to feel more confident about wearing lycra pants to the store and out of the house instead of just wearing them when I'm taking out the trash or something. I've only done this a couple of times, and I'm beginning to learn that nobody cares, and those that do will probably make some sort of negative comment that I'll try to ignore. If you don't mind me wearing them when you're around, then maybe we can do it together. That would be nice, then we can fend off the prudes that have nothing better to do than to criticize others who are different than them.

I'm pretty much an introvert and a little shy when it comes to meeting new people. But if you can bring me out of my shell, then I think we'll get along fine. I'm not an ageist, I like friends of all ages and races and as long as we get along together, that's all that counts. If you're 18 or 58, that's OK in my book. If you've gotten this far in this personal ad, and you like what you've been reading I invite you to reply if you're looking for a new friend and we can get together. Remember, I'm not looking for sex, and this is not an ad for anything sexual.

I hope to hear from you soon! I'll only send a photo to those who are serious about becoming friends.

Sounds like you need a spark in your lonely life. Get a dog maybe? It worked for me. It's a start.

EssexMaker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sounds like you need a spark in your lonely life. Get a dog maybe? It worked for me. It's a start.
I have a dog myself and I wouldn't be without him, and it's great idea, but I really empathize with the OP - sometimes if you live and work alone you do need conversation (dogs are great listeners but not so hot when it comes to talking) and the feeling that you are not alone. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Reactions: pradelicious

pradelicious

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a dog myself and I wouldn't be without him, and it's great idea, but I really empathize with the OP - sometimes if you live and work alone you do need conversation (dogs are great listeners but not so hot when it comes to talking) and the feeling that you are not alone. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Like I wrote, it's a start. My dog breed is one of the recognized breeds for emotional support. She has given me a good push to get moving and through her, I've met new friends when I take her to the park and beach. Adopt don't shop though.

openfly

Superior Member
Media
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I hope 58 isn't your top end for age range haha. I'm early 70's and most folks mildly freak when they find out how old I am. Sometimes won't say anything but I can see it in their eyes. I stay in good shape and my (cool!) Dr said if my chart wasn't right in front of him he'd think I was maybe early 50s. I guess I'll take that. Most folks guess somewhere between late 40s and early 60s, all of which I take as a compliment. In pics I can sometimes look late 30s - mid-forties. But I went way to far with all that. What I really wanted to say is too bad we're this far apart--you sound like someone I could get along well with. My Hubb passed awayalmost a year ago and I'm doing pretty well but I do miss a good friend being around a little more often. I'm not looking for a relationship, just someone to goof around with, hang, bounce stuff off of, you know.