This might be a stupid idea....

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But if I were to take a vacation anywhere in the world, where should I go? Everyone is invited to post in here... what is it about where you live that makes it a good place to visit? Or what makes it a BAD place to visit? C'mon, here's your chance to promote your city/state/country!! I'm proud to live in Kansas City.... people from California still ask me if I own cows... and I get asked what we do for fun... like we don't have bars or whatever here. "Oh, gee, we just go cow tipping and searching for crawdads in the cricks!!"... right. So anyway... I want to learn more about this wonderful world of ours, and what better way?? Here's the Kansas City promotional video if you're interested in seeing what KC has to offer... we're probably a lot bigger and a lot more diverse than people realize!!

Kansas City Video | VisitKC.com

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Meg,

I think it is because you all are known for your fabulous barbeque! I am going to have to think about your question of vacation spot. Do you want to go inside the US or outside of it?

But if I were to take a vacation anywhere in the world, where should I go? Everyone is invited to post in here... what is it about where you live that makes it a good place to visit? Or what makes it a BAD place to visit? C'mon, here's your chance to promote your city/state/country!! I'm proud to live in Kansas City.... people from California still ask me if I own cows... and I get asked what we do for fun... like we don't have bars or whatever here. "Oh, gee, we just go cow tipping and searching for crawdads in the cricks!!"... right. So anyway... I want to learn more about this wonderful world of ours, and what better way?? Here's the Kansas City promotional video if you're interested in seeing what KC has to offer... we're probably a lot bigger and a lot more diverse than people realize!!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anywhere in the world! I'm not actually looking to travel anytime in the near future... but this is more for fun than anything I guess. I want to learn more about the different countries and just the world as a whole. If I had to travel right now, it would be to Italy, because my family is Italian and I love the culture... but I'm sure I only know of a handful of things that Italy has to offer... there's probably a lot more I'm not aware of!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maine!

This past year I've had three opportunities to go to Maine because a friend of mine has a cottage on Sebago Lake. It's near Portland, the White Mountains of New Hampshire (which I adore) and, or course, the 24 hour LLBean mega-store. portland head lighthouse, one of the most photographed in the world, is beautifully restored and right outside of downtown portland. the food is amazing. lobster rolls, lobster stew, whoopie pies, and moxie are all famous maine staples.

you can take daytrips to boston, the beach, ski resorts and ice fishing in winter... The coast is absolutely beautiful and acadia national park is really cool. fall foliage in the mountains is amazing. at baxter state park futher north in the state, you can see moose.

it's great.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tuscany. Use a vacation company called *Untours*

Look up a word called the *Palio*. Its a horse race in the town of Siena, dates from the Middles Ages. Time your trip for then. Visit Montacino, Montepulciano, Pienza. Pienza has the *Street of Kisses* Terribly romantic.

Side trip to Roma(Rome), Venezia( Venice), and especially Firenze (Florence)

You will stay at a true farmhouse or winery. Ask for the Le Chiuse winery. Seriously. Brunello wine. You get a car and they set out an itinerary for you. Romantic, historical and informative. for the gay men visit the Abbazia de Monte Oliveito. First painings of Il Sodoma. :biggrin1:

Visit the Ufizzi, an art museum in Florence. Botticellis *Birth of Venus* is worth the trip. Top it off with Micahelangelos David and Pieta in rome.

Seduce a handsome Italiano man and you will die happy.

Cost maybe $2500 depending on the Euro.

Amygirl

Cherished Member
Media
Home of the Melbourne Cup and the best coffee
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The Whitsundays.

Perfect relaxation spot. Perfect beaches, perfect weather, great spots to scuba and snorkel around the Great Barrier Reef. Hiking through some beautiful tropical rainforest. Eating freshly caught crayfish on the beach.

Best seen from one of these
Bliss Whitsundays

Hhhmmmmmm......

B_dadboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
yes the whitsundays airlie beach area is really great . spent 6 weeks holidays there in 1991 and its great fun with heaps to do. gold coast and sunshine coast queens land australia.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Palm Springs, which is exactly where I want to be. Spending a few weeks doing nothing for my birthday--being in a place where nobody works far too attractive at my age!

Ford's burial is big news in the desert. I'll just miss it. My parents visited--quite simple and solemn, which I think is cool.

A lazy beach in Portugal is high on my list. And I really want to check out the results of Berlin's recent building boom.

I'm a Seattle native. I actually like the drizzle and clouds. Visit in the summer--it's stunning.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Tuscany. Use a vacation company called *Untours*

Look up a word called the *Palio*. Its a horse race in the town of Siena, dates from the Middles Ages. Time your trip for then. Visit Montacino, Montepulciano, Pienza. Pienza has the *Street of Kisses* Terribly romantic.

Side trip to Roma(Rome), Venezia( Venice), and especially Firenze (Florence)

You will stay at a true farmhouse or winery. Ask for the Le Chiuse winery. Seriously. Brunello wine. You get a car and they set out an itinerary for you. Romantic, historical and informative. for the gay men visit the Abbazia de Monte Oliveito. First painings of Il Sodoma. :biggrin1:

Visit the Ufizzi, an art museum in Florence. Botticellis *Birth of Venus* is worth the trip. Top it off with Micahelangelos David and Pieta in rome.

Seduce a handsome Italiano man and you will die happy.

Cost maybe $2500 depending on the Euro.

That does it, except for the seducing men part. I'm picking up Italian Rosetta Stone software for my New Years Resolution. Did you go in July or August?

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
The Whitsundays.

Perfect relaxation spot. Perfect beaches, perfect weather, great spots to scuba and snorkel around the Great Barrier Reef. Hiking through some beautiful tropical rainforest. Eating freshly caught crayfish on the beach.

Best seen from one of these
Bliss Whitsundays

Hhhmmmmmm......

I don't know. These pictures don't have 'the strange and exotic creatures that would bite my bum and other fun parts' that the evil genie hooked me up with. :biggrin1:

Are you sure it's safe?

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That does it, except for the seducing men part. I'm picking up Italian Rosetta Stone software for my New Years Resolution. Did you go in July or August?

July. Actually I am Italian full blooded so its like visiting home in a sense.

I go about every 3 years. I like the art and the wine. The women are unreal beautiful. I envy you. Its a great trip you will love it. If you are serious I can hook you up with out of the way restaurants, clubs, beaches, vintners.

If you do go try to get to Venice. Take a gondola ride but be sure to take the last one at night. A lot of tourist take the day time ones, no bueno. Night time:smile: . If you are REALLY bold, you can have sex on a gondola. :wink: Moonlight, very quiet, darkened canals and an understanding gondelier.

And you gotta hit this Venice museum that has a lot of old armour. It has whole wing devoted to chastity devices. OUCH!! They got bolted on the women by the soldiers leaving for battle and they had tiny holes to pee and poop. Lots of spikes and gouging things for both portals should anyone decide to breech a fair maiden. Most of the monster cocks here would have been shredded into taco beef.:eek:

2 other trips I can vouch for but way diff are either a *brew and screw sailing trip* to the British Virgin Isles. I can actually see Gisella, Chrysalis, Mercurial and TattooedMama heading out with their respective beaus on this one. Hard to make it economical without a group. Rent a cat and go from deserted tropical isle to deserted tropical isle fucking across the Caribbean. Throw in some rum and dirty martinis and its all good. I think that can be pulled off for about $900/person thru an outfit called the *Moorings* not sure about air fare tho.

If anyone just wants to veg out and have hot sex night and day on the beach, in your cabana, in the Jacuzzi, for hardly any money hit one of the all inclusives in Playa del Carmen. All the food and drink you can eat, cigars, and sex for about $900-1500/person/week depending on the season. The food is pretty good, the alcohol pretty good and with the right partner the sex is great. :biggrin1:

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One final thought: TMM a fun trip is the Grand Canyon. I always thought it was hokey, touristy but it isn't. To be on topic, imagine you were told this guy was really well endowed and you had your doubts. Then when you pulled his trousers down, omigawd! Astonishing, magnificent, breath taking.

Not too far from Kansas. Stop in Sante Fe and check out the art. Cool stuff and good Southwestern eats.

Puntie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Anywhere in the world mate - go to CAMBODIA it is the most amazing country with the soundest people anyone will ever come across

Amygirl

Cherished Member
Media
Home of the Melbourne Cup and the best coffee
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Anywhere in the world mate - go to CAMBODIA it is the most amazing country with the soundest people anyone will ever come across

Some friends of mine went to Vietnam last year and came back raving about it. They said the countryside and people were both gorgeous.

Would love to do the Tuscany in summer thing. I hope it's better than my last Italian experience. I did visit Rome for a couple of days and all I got was a bruised bum from all the dirty old men pinching it!!:mad:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
For you? Sure, it's plenty safe!:tongue:

Your just trying to get me down there with plans to send me into the outback and see if I can make it back with some square inch of flesh that isn't sun burned, bug bitten, or croc chewed. I know your kind and their clever use of smiley faces.:cool:

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Did you build those kids their soccer fields yet?

Or did you guys decide to nix it, when you have some of the worst fields in the country?

Not to come down on you, but that was some of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen happen. God forbid the community build something for its children..

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Did you build those kids their soccer fields yet?

Or did you guys decide to nix it, when you have some of the worst fields in the country?

Not to come down on you, but that was some of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen happen. God forbid the community build something for its children..

Ya know... I agree with you, I think we needed them... but no, it wasn't passed. Not so much because we didn't want them, but because of financial issues... for starters, us Kansans were going to be paying outrageous taxes for it, not to mention, the people that were going to be purchasing the land were going to be five times more for the land than it's worth. So... we're open to different options, but no, we weren't wanting to pay that kind of money for it. And I dunno about us having some of the worst fields in the country... I know my city (Olathe) has some great soccer fields!!