This Recession

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HUNGHUGE11X7, Jan 21, 2010.

?

From the start of the recession in DEC 07 until NOW,How have you been affected by it?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2010.
  1. NOT AT ALL

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. SOMEWHAT BUT NOT TOO BAD

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. QUITE A BIT BUT I AM MAKING IT

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. I HAVE BEEN GREATLY AFFECTED AND NOT SURE I WILL RECOVER FINANCIALLY

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. I'VE BEEN FINANCIALLY DECIMATED

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    Since the recession began in Dec 2007 until NOW which of the choices most accurately describes your personal experience ?

HH

2. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fucking sucks! and not the good kind of suck

3. Indybottombiguy

Indybottombiguy New Member

Albums:
    My company layed off some people, but it was more of a "house cleaning", they hired the good ones back a few months later. This year has been really busy, so I'm not complaining at all.

I noticed a downturn in December of 2008, not 2007. Although the actions of the Democrat controlled Congress probably took a while to affect the economy.

4. liberalcynic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    normally any fiscal stimulus takes about 3 to 4 months to come into the economy, to be noticably affecting consumer sentiment, growth, ect....
    monetary is normally 6 to 9 months

5. liberalcynic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    must say - what recession - Australia never had a recession! isn't it great, we may be but to our necks in debt, but we sell stuff to our debtors, unlike the US which comparitavely consumes a great deal more and exports too little, hence to current account deficit and currency depreciation.

6. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

Great to hear that you were able to re-hire the good ones. Every business has to do house-cleaning at times .

A recession is defined by the GDP & when the GDP is down for 2 successive quarters and this happened in DEC 2007, I learned this from ALI VELSHI lol.

I am sure I learned this is Econ class in school but who knows, what I do know is the DEM controlled congress was not to blame but rather Mega-banks who gambled on high-risk speculative ventures and got their ass handed to them and then came crying to us. Then of course so we didn't slide into a depression we threw money at them.

The high rate of unemployment can be attributed to BUSH & CO and their brilliant outsourcing. It is unconscionable that these companies received TAX BREAKS for fukin' the American workforce all in the name of GREED, not capitalism but GREED !

HH

7. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I started another company just as the shit was hitting the fan in 08. :rolleyes: We could see it coming four years ago and shifted into the extreme high end of our market where the clients are never dependent on the market or the banks.

It's been good and we're so busy I don't know weather to shit or go blind. I'm looking for a bigger building.

8. closetfreak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my stocks took a crap along with my 401k, but thats because I wasnt paying enough attention to them. Otherwise, i havent been affected at all

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

Liberalcynic is on to something. Austrailia, unlike the USA, actually produces a bunch of stuff for export and hasn't been hit like the USA. Anyone notice how the Australian and Canadian dollars have been equal to and during some weeks/months in 2009 surpassed the Almighty Buck in value? There's a reason for that and liberalcynic understands why.

I closed down one business, letting go of all the employees who couldn't get it through their heads that they had the skills and expertise to buy the company and make it succeed. Instead, they all opted for unemployment. It didn't matter how good I made the purchasing terms for them. But my other holdings are doing just as well as ever. As long as gold and silver stay high, Elko County, Nevada, will continue to act as if there has not been any problem with the US economy. But from previous experience, it won't affect me much. People seem to drink more when they are out of work.

But this idea that the USA is in the third year of a Great Recession is, to me, just smoke and mirrors. Looks like another major economic Depression to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted