This shit needs to stop.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I never thought that I would ever see the day that I would say this, but we need more cops to patrol the streets and highways, more speed traps, more safety check points, stiffer penalties, and maybe just maybe people might get the message.

parents play a huge roll in this, kids do learn more from their parents than people realize, people in general need to slow their asses down a bit, life goes by fast enough as it is.

I couldnt disagree more with the statement on top.

More Police will NOT make safer drivers - at all. Theyre still going to drive nutty, cops or no cops.
If I get a ticket, it's not going to make me obey the laws anymore than I did before. It would make me more spiteful and less tolerant of the bullshit games they like to play.

What message would they convey, other than threat to the working public?

One thing it will do, is make people drive nervously, and do things that they wouldn't normally do, and be too pre-occupied about the cop on the corner, and BAM..rear end accident.

The other thing it will do is raise insurance rates off the chart, and make the townships more money for doughnuts, and more "General Fund" spending that they can lign their pockets with. Then lay off the cops when "they dont have any more money".
So not only do you spite your OWN nose by your rates going higher, but your children's nose too, and make the township/city/state fatter off of your back.
Street Cops are here to make money, not to make safe drivers.

I agree that parents play a huge role in it, as I said before it all goes back to instruction.
Time is everything. Not everybody has large amounts of time to get where they need to go.

I just have a very strong viewpoint when it comes to Police and their true intentions.
I dont feel that they need to be wasting their time watching for people not obeying speed limit signs. At the same time Murder rates in the inner cities are off the chart, and then the districts piss and moan that they dont have enough people, and they don't have any money.

If the people saw a positive result of the taxpayers money, mabee they would renew the contracts during election time.
But, the only result of giving the police stations more money, is a radar gun in your face, and idle threats by piss poor cops.
Plain and simple, they are Too afraid to enter these areas, for their own lives.
If I wanted to be a cop, I would want to be in these areas fighting crime, making neighborhoods gang free/drug free. Why? Because that's what a cop is supposed to do. If they gave me a radar gun, and a car, I'd quit on the spot.

No offense to those police whom are actually on their feet working on drugs, serious crimes, dead beet dads..etc.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to drive a truck, I have seen so much shit that could have easily been prevented.

Like the Goody Goody assholes that pull in front of your rig, and stomp on their brakes forcing you to drive 55 on the expressway?

I had to help a driver once. A Buick kept stomping on his brakes in front of a rig hauling steel. I had my radio on and he was afraid he was going to loose his load. He called 911 and they told him he needs to make a report at his local police office. (Alot of good when somebodys trying to run you off the road).

So with that being said, I agree "This shit needs to stop"