This site is going to shit

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
ML- 7,000 posts?!!?! Oh jeez, looks like I'm gonna have to step up my posting game. I'll get there one day though so hopefully this club is around :p

I'm a newb in this community, but I think its pretty saweeeeeet. I dunno if its a good or bad thing to say that I logon often and look forward to seeing some of the posts on here, maybe I spend too much time in front of the computer! I've met some really great people who seem to put a smile on my face, and not to mention some of the posts you can get a good laugh out of.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
ML- 7,000 posts?!!?! Oh jeez, looks like I'm gonna have to step up my posting game. I'll get there one day though so hopefully this club is around :p

I'm a newb in this community, but I think its pretty saweeeeeet. I dunno if its a good or bad thing to say that I logon often and look forward to seeing some of the posts on here, maybe I spend too much time in front of the computer! I've met some really great people who seem to put a smile on my face, and not to mention some of the posts you can get a good laugh out of.

God you are full of shit zebra ass. What a suck up....lol :rolleyes:

Wait this site is going to shit??? Well OP let me get a roll of TP ready for when it happens....:eek:

D

deleted3782

This site is like it's main topic - it's a grower! :tongue: :biggrin1: :smile:

...even more illustrative, people and cliques here engorge with flirting and excitement, climax in a flurry of posts, meets, and the limelight, and then sink back to flaccidity and disengagement. After a bit of down-time, some might be ready to do it again. :tongue:

Think about it...its true!

Padad7

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...even more illustrative, people and cliques here engorge with flirting and excitement, climax in a flurry of posts, meets, and the limelight, and then sink back to flaccidity and disengagement. After a bit of down-time, some might be ready to do it again. :tongue:

Think about it...its true!

After that description, I think I need a cigarette...

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This site has one of the best politics / current affairs sites on the intent. Quite why it should have grown up here is a mystery.

I have wondered whether it would be possible to set up a mirror site purely for the politics forum, with a different URL, the idea being to attract posters who would be put off by the lpsg brand while retaining the existing posters. I've even wondered if such a board would have some marketable value to news media as it certainly acts as a barometer for what people are thinking.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This site has one of the best politics / current affairs sites on the intent. Quite why it should have grown up here is a mystery.

I have wondered whether it would be possible to set up a mirror site purely for the politics forum, with a different URL, the idea being to attract posters who would be put off by the lpsg brand while retaining the existing posters. I've even wondered if such a board would have some marketable value to news media as it certainly acts as a barometer for what people are thinking.

I have suspected for years that the Politics forum is both tracked and targeted by certain reactionary groups who send in bomb-throwers from time to time to disrupt things and try to destabilize it. There are always a few n00bs and phantom sock-puppets who all seem to know everybody and their politics like a seasoned veteran of the board. And I'm not the first to point this out, either.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes I've wondered who might be watching the politics forum, though I'm not convinced such would be reactionary forces. Rather we get newish posters who put forward a "what if?" idea and then vanish. Any political party or major corporation trailing an idea will use focus groups. It is not much of a jump to think they would post on a dozen Internet politics forums and see what the responses might be.

I don't see a problem with this, at least not anything I would get worked up over.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

I couldn't possibly disagree more.