This song just made me shed a tear

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I bought that album when it first came out. It's superb, if really maudlin.

Much better, IMO, are Blue Valentines and $29 (for which there are no vids on YouTube, Daily Motion or Google).

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One of my favorite songs of all time.

(About 15 years ago, at a family reunion in the hills of west PA my Ohioan sister and I went for a cruise in my old 84 Grand Marquis with Californian second cousins I had had just met for the first time. Driving around the hills of W. Virginia, we talked some, smoked some kind and I popped in a mix tape - yes a mix tape - and Christmas Card started playing. My California cousins, siblings, both immediately knew and loved the song as much as I. Very nice family reunion bonding.)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I bought that album when it first came out. It's superb, if really maudlin.

Much better, IMO, are Blue Valentines and $29 (for which there are no vids on YouTube, Daily Motion or Google).

That song has been getting heavy rotation Chez Snoozan lately. It's been reminding me of an ex. An ex I need to purge from my brain forever. Perfect song for that kind of reflection.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That song has been getting heavy rotation Chez Susan lately. It's been reminding me of an ex. An ex I need to purge from my brain forever. Perfect song for that kind of reflection.

I let the clip play out while searching for a clip of $29 (without success). I remember every inflection and hesitation, even after over 25 years.

<sigh>

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
oh wow, beautiful song, I'm new to him, really, I had heard of him, but didn't really got out of my way and check it out, but I was listening to some John Zorn and naked city, and I remembered someone talking about him, and finally decided to check out some videos, glad that I did. Can any of you recommend an album of his?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh wow, beautiful song, I'm new to him, really, I had heard of him, but didn't really got out of my way and check it out, but I was listening to some John Zorn and naked city, and I remembered someone talking about him, and finally decided to check out some videos, glad that I did. Can any of you recommend an album of his?

Beautiful Maladies is good, it's a compilation
Rain Dogs is a favorite
Small Change is good
The Early Years vol. 2
Foreign Affair

I could go on. Those are the albums I'm most familiar with, but by no means the best. I really like Beautiful Maladies because it covers a few albums.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
The Heart Of Saturday Night is the shit. All of it.

You ain't got no spare

And you ain't got no jack

You don't give a shit

Cuz yer never comin back