This sucks.

I'm posting this because maybe someone knows how to cope with this feeling, and because I think I'll feel better posting this online to a bunch of strangers so someone(s) will know how I feel, (the friend that I usually talk to about this stuff is on vaction :( ) . Anyways, I've liked this girl ever since I first met her in junior (11) year of high school. To me she was absoultly perfect, she was smart, quiet, friendly, kind and I thought she was the most beautiful girl I'll ever see. She had a boyfriend but I still don't understand how she didnt have to fight guys off with a stick. So junior year passes and I never make a move. Senior year comes by and I have a few classes with her. I'm a fairly shy guy when it comes to girls so the most I can say to her is "hi" and "how are you" and I'll compliment her from time to time and give her cookies that I made. The more I try to stop thinking about her, the more I do think about her. I was too scared to ask her out and the most I could do was ask her if she wanted to go to the park with me on the weekend, that never happened. So at the end of the year I felt I had to tell her but I was still too scared, so I wrote her a one page letter telling her how I felt, signed "a friend" and put it in her locker. To this day I still don't know if she got the letter or not or if she even knows how I feel. The last time I got to see her was on graduation, we hugged and we went our separte ways. I'm moving this wednesday (Aug1) to another state so I thought I'd give it one more shot. I called her monday and told her I was leaving and I wanted to see her again, she said maybe this saturday morning. I called her today to see if she can still go but she can't, she had family coming over and she was busy for the rest of the week, I can feel she wasnt lying and trying to get away from it. So anyways I wrote for too long and now I feel a bit heartbroken knowing that I wont see the girl of my dreams again. Thanks for all who read.

phx1999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been there my friend. I met a girl my Junior year of school too. She was the picture of perfection to me. We were affectionate to each other, but nothing ever came of our relationship. Long story short, I graduated and moved away to go to college. I wrote to her often but never received a response. Nearly eight years later my heart still feels some of the pain every now and then. Bottom line, you have to learn to overcome your shyness or keep dealing with heart ache. I hope my words have helped in some way. Stay strong man.:fing02:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Really sorry to hear that, man. She wasn't the right one. But the right girl is out there for you.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The note on the locker probably creeped her out and she had no way to respond to it. She was just trying to be nice by saying that maybe she can meet you on Saturday. Sometimes it's better for them to say no, and you can move on. If someone is not into you, there is nothing you can do about it. Everyone has had a crush on the super hottie in school or at a club. At least you tried, and that is better than never having tried and wondering what could have happened.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This happened to me too ( I was so shy around this one girl and wrote a note and then lost touch after much angst and worry over the whole situation) and I think it is really about learning to take a chance. It is a skill needed in life as an adult. I am sorry about the heartbreak. I can still recall similar feelings years later, but it is faded memory and I know that it was mostly about being young and inexperienced. The only way to get experience is to take chances which means risking your heart in some cases. but like the mem0101 wrote, it is so much better that you made an effort rather than be left in the dark not knowing. I would still make an extra effort, without any pressure, to see if it is possible to at least stay in touch. Often establishing a friendship is the first step and it may still be possible. Unless you are an all or nothing kind of guy. Best of luck, and try not to beat yourself up over it is my best advice.