This wholeTwilight Vampire New Werewolf Moon Madness...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what the hell is this all about?

i honestly have never been so non-plussed about some alleged teen-phenomenon as this.

from what i have been able to surmise from my limited interest and short attention span...

-a bunch of nerds (my 34 year old sister included) became obsessed with a series of books about kid vampires in seattle or oregon or somewhere.
-they made a movie called twilight a few years ago and a bunch of teenage girls went crazy as usual...
-an english actor name roger Pattinson, who does not bathe, played a really lame vampire with a strange accent who saves another teenager from werewolves.
- now this guy is some teen-idol, and does not brush is hair and seem to do anything other than make movies about vampires...
- nobody else in the movie is very attractive or interesting.
- there is a media craze all over the world for the new sequel, causing lots of fainting teenage girls to appear at premieres crying and hyperventilating.
- the girl in it was in "Into The Wild" and is still very plain and uninteresting...

have i honestly missed something important?

this seems like just another version of nsync/backstreet boys teen-girl induced hysteria over nothing.

would anyone enlighten me as to if it is something more, or if i can just continue to go on ignoring it as i have until now.

thank you

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Skip the whole Twilight Thing and watch True Blood On HBO instead.......

actually i have skipped them both...i watched a couple of bits of true blood and i hated it.

bored the shit out of me, hated the characters, i am so sick of vampires...i started a thread about true blood here when it first came on...

vampires just bore the hell out of me now.

Gary Oldman was great when he played Dracula...and "Lost Boys" was fun way back when...

but i can't stand any of this other stuff.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are 38 the rest is under the age of 20 :rolleyes:
Or are you some screaming girl?

no, i am not...but every once in a while, screaming girls under the age of 20 get it right...

like with Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones, and the Who.

so i always check just to make sure...

unfortunately their barometer has been *WAY* off since the 60s.

but better safe than sorry about missing something cool.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wrong. There's plenty of other eye candy in the film.:rolleyes::wink:

Besides that, you're not missing much. Quite the opposite actually, I think you benefit from not watching/reading or being interested in what should've never been a phenomenon. I read a bit of the first book and watched the first film and neither was particularly good. Really, really bad in fact. Avoid it like the plague.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wrong. There's plenty of other eye candy in the film.:rolleyes::wink:

Besides that, you're not missing much. Quite the opposite actually, I think you benefit from not watching/reading or being interested in what should've never been a phenomenon. I read a bit of the first book and watched the first film and neither was particularly good. Really, really bad in fact. Avoid it like the plague.

i don't really see any eye candy from the people i have seen in the ads...

i just found this ad...

it looks like a bad version of something you used to find on the CW, or the OC or the WB or whatever those teen-centric tv channels were

http://twilight-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/twilight-cast-large-msg-122999080703.jpg

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ive had tickets to the The Twilight Saga : New Moon for weeks .. soo excited! I don't cry or anything about the excitement ..but I can't wait for the movie! And, I've loved all the books.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I also found True Blood unwatchable, just another soapy series. And I really didn't find the actors believable, good looking but not believable. I'll watch New Moon only because my fav hottie Taylor will be all hunked up and shirtless in most his scenes. Did anyone see Conan's monolog about new moon with the boy wolves eventually humping , it was funny as shit.

D_Tilly_De_Toilet

Experimental Member
Media
but every once in a while, screaming girls under the age of 20 get it right...

like with Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones, and the Who.

Personally, I wouldn't consider that "getting it right". That kind of behavior is incredibly disturbing and not at all healthy. It's sad that people react to celebrities that way, even the good ones. Although I think the Beatles are quite possibly the most overrated band of all time.

I saw Twilight in the theater (a friend paid for me, I swear) and was totally blown away at how horrible it was. I was warned in advance about its low quality and not expecting anything amazing, but when they started playing "vampire baseball" my jaw just about touched the ground. I was shocked. I can't remember a time where I've laughed/cried so hard in a public place.

As my friends and I have made it a ritual to torture ourselves by watching shitty movies, a group of maybe 10 will be attending the opening night show tomorrow. From what little I've seen of the trailers, I assume I'll be laughing even harder.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what the hell is this all about?

i honestly have never been so non-plussed about some alleged teen-phenomenon as this.

from what i have been able to surmise from my limited interest and short attention span...

-a bunch of nerds (my 34 year old sister included) became obsessed with a series of books about kid vampires in seattle or oregon or somewhere.
-they made a movie called twilight a few years ago and a bunch of teenage girls went crazy as usual...
-an english actor name roger Pattinson, who does not bathe, played a really lame vampire with a strange accent who saves another teenager from werewolves.
- now this guy is some teen-idol, and does not brush is hair and seem to do anything other than make movies about vampires...
- there is a media craze all over the world for the new sequel, causing lots of fainting teenage girls to appear at premieres crying and hyperventilating.
- the girl in it was in "Into The Wild" and is still very plain and uninteresting...

have i honestly missed something important?

this seems like just another version of nsync/backstreet boys teen-girl induced hysteria over nothing.

would anyone enlighten me as to if it is something more, or if i can just continue to go on ignoring it as i have until now.

thank you

NJQT466 skulks about making sure the lightning does not hit her, as she agrees with Flashy 100% on the whole Twilight Vampire New Werewolf Moon Madness...

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
i watched the first one after so many girls told me to "watch it before i decide i hate it". wasnt an amazing film but i did fll alittle bit in love with robert pattison..... they arnt amazing films but i think girls have been dying for a male teenage sensation they can wank over for a while and Robert Pattison is that. Zac Efron is just too much of a pussy for some women. He hates the attention though, i mean he is really really afraid of his fans, dont be shocked if he never does a film after the "saga"

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I wouldn't consider that "getting it right". That kind of behavior is incredibly disturbing and not at all healthy. It's sad that people react to celebrities that way, even the good ones. Although I think the Beatles are quite possibly the most overrated band of all time.

I saw Twilight in the theater (a friend paid for me, I swear) and was totally blown away at how horrible it was. I was warned in advance about its low quality and not expecting anything amazing, but when they started playing "vampire baseball" my jaw just about touched the ground. I was shocked. I can't remember a time where I've laughed/cried so hard in a public place.

As my friends and I have made it a ritual to torture ourselves by watching shitty movies, a group of maybe 10 will be attending the opening night show tomorrow. From what little I've seen of the trailers, I assume I'll be laughing even harder.

i wasn't suggesting that screaming in hysteria was healthy, i was saying that they actually made a quality choice in the talent department of who they chose to become hysterical over...

the Beatles, Elvis, the Stones were legendary talents...Twilight, Nsync etc., were not.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i watched the first one after so many girls told me to "watch it before i decide i hate it". wasnt an amazing film but i did fll alittle bit in love with robert pattison..... they arnt amazing films but i think girls have been dying for a male teenage sensation they can wank over for a while and Robert Pattison is that. Zac Efron is just too much of a pussy for some women. He hates the attention though, i mean he is really really afraid of his fans, dont be shocked if he never does a film after the "saga"

he has already completed one film, and is in pre-production on two others.

if he hates the attention, he did not have to sign up for the sequel.

they all love the attention....that is why they go to Hollywood...seeking fame, fortune and attention.

seriously, if they loved acting and drama only, they would stay in east-bumblefuck, nowhere or wherever they are from, and simply do regional theater, which allows you to act and be dramatic, but get you no attention or money.

IMO

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
never read the books, never saw the first movie and probably won't see this one but it's hard not to notice taylor lautner lately when he's been doing the press tour for new moon. Robert Pattinson no so much but he was engaging on letterman last night, alot less of a tool than i thought him to be.

Letterman can be a tough show for some stars, but he handled it with a fair amount of charm and dave was actually pretty nice to him.

lautner is supposed to be on jimmy fallon tonight, he was on leno a couple of nights ago and wore a very snug light gray suit, really showed off the crotch, the kid is either packin or he's packin a sock in it.