This wholeTwilight Vampire New Werewolf Moon Madness...

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it is rare that a truly great book is made into a great movie, because a great book has too much great content and a movie does not have enough space for it, IMO.

This is exactly why practically every attempt to adapt a Stephen King novel to the screen has fallen horribly flat.

His short stories and novellas, on the other hand, have produced some of the best films of our generation. Think Stand by Me or The Shawshank Redemption.

D_Auric_Goldthinger

Account Disabled
Media
I like the movies in the book. I gave it a chance and was surprised as for the cgi it looked good the wolves looked like wolves and if you thought that was bad go watch underworld, deep blue sea or any jaws after 2. Im not going to hop on the anti twilight hate group or the fan base group but when a movie is good its good. I loved the different take on vampires it made them better then what was previously seen in the any other vampire movies, vampires started to become stale twilight brought them back from the dead.

As for people not getting the crazy think about any thing you went crazy for as a teen that was a sensation. Now think twilight for todays teens

Last edited:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw it earlier today with a few friends (who were once fans, but now get their vampire-fix from True Blood). It was a showing in the early afternoon at the same time as an IMAX showing, so my theater was near-empty. My friends and I all thought it was terrible. The movie leaves out a lot of key elements from the book (I had to get a lot of things explained to me); the acting is horrible (one cringes every time Kristen Stewart attemps to convey anger, desperation or sorrow) save for a minor character who has a few lines and actually made me chuckle (a friend of Bella's, I believe); but there is plenty of eye candy-- Lautner's got one fine fucking body and Pattinson has a beautifully chiselled jaw. A lot of the film is unintentionally funny and it's just really hard to take seriously.

Overally, not worth my $12.50, but worth a [free] watch if you want a few good laughs and/or a good view of some gorgeous people.

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I feel that most of you are trying to take this Saga too seriously. This movie was made for the fans .. and I guarantee you, every fan was more then satified with the movie. After reading all four books .. I was ready for NEW MOON to be a slow, boring film. Yes the movie did leave out a few things, but I feel that what was left out were scenes that would not have been good in the movie, they would have slowed down the overall pace. (In the book, Bella goes into a depression that takes up many chapters. In the movie, her depression is done in less then 5 minutes.) I loved every second of NEW MOON, from start to finish. I went in to the movie, not hoping to watch a film that was going to be named best film of the year at the 2010 Oscars, but hoping that I was going to be entertained, which it did, and then some!

D_Auric_Goldthinger

Account Disabled
Media
I feel that most of you are trying to take this Saga too seriously. This movie was made for the fans .. and I guarantee you, every fan was more then satified with the movie. After reading all four books .. I was ready for NEW MOON to be a slow, boring film. Yes the movie did leave out a few things, but I feel that what was left out were scenes that would not have been good in the movie, they would have slowed down the overall pace. (In the book, Bella goes into a depression that takes up many chapters. In the movie, her depression is done in less then 5 minutes.) I loved every second of NEW MOON, from start to finish. I went in to the movie, not hoping to watch a film that was going to be named best film of the year at the 2010 Oscars, but hoping that I was going to be entertained, which it did, and then some!

thank you that movie was damn close to the book. I just feel most people dont`t know when a movie is good. As for the acting it seems some have forgot how most people act when their young

Media
i am sooo right there with you! except i'm crazy about robert pattinson. no to mention taylor lautner too. he is so hot. i swear he's going to turn me into a pedophile 'cause 17 yr. old boys DO NOT look that fucking delicious! :naughty:

You live in California, just like I do. You know they look that delicious. The beach in Newport is chugged slap full of them. :biggrin1:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You live in California, just like I do. You know they look that delicious. The beach in Newport is chugged slap full of them. :biggrin1:

u r correct about that.

also, did u catch taylor lautner on jimmy kimmel last night talking about his training regimen b4 filming, he said the constant eating to bulk up was the hardest part and that

"i was sticking something in my mouth every 2 hrs"

and he automatically regretted it cuz the audience went there, and jimmy did an eyeroll

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media

well, i suppose you do make a good point. it's like every year kids begin to look older and older than they really are. i feel like such a child molestor for checking out the 16 year old surfers who look like they're at least in college. LMAO :rofl:

and not only is newport beach filled with hotties, but also huntington, redondo, manhattan, hermosa, and so on, and so on, and so on :biggrin1:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
u r correct about that.

also, did u catch taylor lautner on jimmy kimmel last night talking about his training regimen b4 filming, he said the constant eating to bulk up was the hardest part and that

"i was sticking something in my mouth every 2 hrs"

and he automatically regretted it cuz the audience went there, and jimmy did an eyeroll

omg how funny! i'll have to find that episode on youtube :biggrin1:

blar

Experimental Member
Media
The whole vampire craze is getting kind of annoying. Lots of old books the involve vampires are flying off the racks now and I read that there is going to be like a dozen new vampire shows next year thanks to show true blood (which I love :eek: ).

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
and not only is newport beach filled with hotties, but also huntington, redondo, manhattan, hermosa, and so on, and so on, and so on :biggrin1:

don't forget: topanga, dana point, santa monica, venice, malibu, p palisades, laguna

each is populated with their own subtype of hotness, but theres' something for everybody here.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
THE VAMPIRE THING:
Personally I find the whole vampire mystique very alluring. I'm not quite sure what that says about me, but....
Granted, the Interview With The Vampire debacle left a bad taste in my mouth (good story / bad actors)
I haven't seen the Twilight movies. Also haven't seen True Blood. Also haven't seen Vampire Diaries (tho Ian Somerhalder is tempting...).
I got spoiled by the series Moonlight. I really believe that show was what started the current vampire renaissance. I truly can't imagine a sexier one-two punch than Alex O'Loughlin and Jason Dohring....but that's just me. Every time I see either of them I wanna pull down my collar and scream "BITE ME"!.
Considering the cult following that show had, I'm still stumped by it's cancellation (just another writers' strike season casualty, I suppose).

THE TWILIGHT THING
Despite the presence of Peter Facinelli, who I find quite fetching, I can't bring myself to see these films. Mainly cos of that Pattinson dude. I realize attraction is a very subjective - and this is only my opinion. But Pattinson creeps me out. Those strange eyes... he always looks like he just woke up. And he has a grungy look about him. He gives me the same vibe Brad Pitt has always given me: like I just wanna throw him into a bath tub and pour a bottle of Listerine down his throat to try to kill the cigarette breath. What irks me most about him is that he looks like a lollipop. Seriously. Think about it. That BIG head atop that little skinny stick body.

Nope - no Twilight for me. I'll stick with my Moonlight vampires.
:wink:

D_Auric_Goldthinger

Account Disabled
Media
THE VAMPIRE THING:
Personally I find the whole vampire mystique very alluring. I'm not quite sure what that says about me, but....
Granted, the Interview With The Vampire debacle left a bad taste in my mouth (good story / bad actors)
I haven't seen the Twilight movies. Also haven't seen True Blood. Also haven't seen Vampire Diaries (tho Ian Somerhalder is tempting...).
I got spoiled by the series Moonlight. I really believe that show was what started the current vampire renaissance. I truly can't imagine a sexier one-two punch than Alex O'Loughlin and Jason Dohring....but that's just me. Every time I see either of them I wanna pull down my collar and scream "BITE ME"!.
Considering the cult following that show had, I'm still stumped by it's cancellation (just another writers' strike season casualty, I suppose).

THE TWILIGHT THING
Despite the presence of Peter Facinelli, who I find quite fetching, I can't bring myself to see these films. Mainly cos of that Pattinson dude. I realize attraction is a very subjective - and this is only my opinion. But Pattinson creeps me out. Those strange eyes... he always looks like he just woke up. And he has a grungy look about him. He gives me the same vibe Brad Pitt has always given me: like I just wanna throw him into a bath tub and pour a bottle of Listerine down his throat to try to kill the cigarette breath. What irks me most about him is that he looks like a lollipop. Seriously. Think about it. That BIG head atop that little skinny stick body.

Nope - no Twilight for me. I'll stick with my Moonlight vampires.
:wink:

did that show get cancelled? dont see it anymore

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Skip the whole Twilight Thing and watch True Blood On HBO instead.......

I didn't like True Blood. Not keen on Twilight either. I think Interview With The Vampire may be the best vampire movie we will ever see.

Vampire Hunter D is good also, if you're into that kind of thing.

500 Days of Summer - though not vampire related - was/is an excellent movie. I watched it last night.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Interview With The Vampire may be the best vampire movie we will ever see.
I suppose if you only saw the film it was good but if you read the book series the movie was a huge disappointment.

I saw a young guy reading a Twilight book so I gave him a list of the Anne Rice novels. Much better stories than the 'oooh, Edward' crap.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This sums it up quite nicely for those having trouble grasping its popularity.
That's a riot. Especially this bit:
<<The movie is just the same uninspired crap shat out onto a film reel. If you like the taste of horse manure on your bologna sandwiches, you're probably gonna like it on your birthday cake as well. The same principle applies with Twilight. >>
Only one thing puzzles me. Given that description of the Edward character...howonearth did this Pattinson guy get the role?!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i have notoriously bad gaydar

but i think taylor lautner might be gay.

and anyway, he's just too damn cute to be str8, so he has to be gay, right?

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i have notoriously bad gaydar

but i think taylor lautner might be gay.

and anyway, he's just too damn cute to be str8, so he has to be gay, right?

i think he's hetero for the most part. he's dated one or two of those little teeny bopper chicks, but he's never came out and said anything about dating guys... who knows though? anyway, have you seen him on the cover of men's health?! sadly he isnt shirtless but he's still yummy.

LINKof minor removed

Last edited by a moderator: