This woman canNOT be serious...

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:lmao: 2 things really cracked me up- that she thinks liberal congress finds global warming a "real" threat (they spend sooo much money on it)
and that people could actually not think about the time difference when calculating their flights!!
I guess that would mean that when I leave England at 2 pm on Tuesday and arrive in Seattle at 3 pm on Tuesday, Ive just been in a VERY fast plane.
:lmao:

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll respectfully disagree with you for a change, Big Dirigible. I'm a professional engineer and a business owner, and I find that occasionally giving younger (inexperienced) employees 'the gears' welcomes them into the fraternity and makes them part of the team. As long as it's not mean spirited, I think that it's fun for all. I guess it all depends on the dynamics of the particular business that you work for.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Harumph.

I never try to deceive people who are genuinely after information, no matter how "dumb" the question may sound.
<...>
I once saw some aircraft A&P (Airframe and Powerplant) techs having "fun" with an apprentice, telling him to go get a bucket of "propwash" and crap like that. What a bunch of assholes. When a guy's in "learning" mode, don't waste it with stupid jokes.
Please re-read my posts again - don't skim them, read them. And spare me your asinine soap-boxing. I wasn't "making fun of the handicapped." I was using humor to defuse what, for most people, is a stressful process - booking airline tickets.

Your "holier-than-thou" crap ain't gonna fly this time. I did my job well. I had dozens of customers speak to my supervisor to compliment me, and I had more than just a few people contact the president of the company to compliment me.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess that would mean that when I leave England at 2 pm on Tuesday and arrive in Seattle at 3 pm on Tuesday, Ive just been in a VERY fast plane.
:lmao:

I recall once leaving Auckland at 2pm on a Thursday arriving in Tahiti at 10pm the previous night. Forget a plane, I had a ride in a time machine..:biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it is tongue in cheek. saw it on another board last week. they left out the last paragraph where she explains herelf. I will try to dig it up...

The clipping doesn't look photo-shopped. I hope you do find the board discussion.

Over here, I found an updated article about Connie Meskimen's letter to the editor. It indicated that if you go over here, and search for her name (Connie Meskimen) you'll find a "long history of tongue in cheek & snarky letters to the editor." I did not find that to be the case. Perhaps my sense of umor is broken, but her letters don't seem facetious to me. The other letters do not seem nearly so ignorant, and all seem serious. I'm not convinced this letter was a joke, but I sure hope it was.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well... they don't call these the red states for nothing... I understand that TMM lives in Kansas, Kansas is not known for it's amazing intellect that is for sure! lol!! I mean... they elected Sam Brownback and Pat Roberts to the Senate, spawning a Christian conservative candidate for president for Christ's sake!

This woman is just a conservative at heart... a dyed in the wool Republican with an unabashed disdain and hatred for liberals and progressives. The red states are not actually filled with stupid people... I am sorrounded by Southern conservatives and they are NOT dumb or retarded. They are however; racist at differing levels, quasi-luddites with a hatred of science and "facts", are stupidly Christian (yeah, I said it...), and extremely suspicious of authority figures... yet at the same time can foster huge feelings of love for clan-like (nothing to do with the KKK) leaders.

This makes them the natural enemies of rational man.

Reconstruction at the end of the Civil war was a botched, corrupt affair, leaving the former confederate states with an ailing infrastructure. That led to a decrease in the quality of education that was pervasive throughout the early 20th century. Today's "new" South is remarkably different from the "old" South of yesterday. I live where the cows graze and the men still chew tobacco. These people might be simple and not very "fact" based, but they run shit around here and my "slightly educated" yankee ways are not welcome. I have learned to accept their ignorance and "truthiness" so I can live amongst them without difficulty... I still fucking hate them and have almost zero respect for the way that they conduct themselves.

That lady who wrote that letter to the editor is a human piece of shit and is much more an "evil genius" than she is a retard. That is the point I am trying to make... lets not underestimate the power of the South and Red states and counter them not on stereotypes, but on issues.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well... they don't call these the red states for nothing... I understand that TMM lives in Kansas, Kansas is not known for it's amazing intellect that is for sure! lol!! I mean... they elected Sam Brownback and Pat Roberts to the Senate, spawning a Christian conservative candidate for president for Christ's sake!

Yes, I live in a red state. I'm not proud. And I wasn't necessarily trying to imply that she's just stupid... as I said in an earlier post on this thread, "ignorant" probably would've been a better term. I just wasn't thinking at the time. :cool:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL so we can stop global warming by moving Daylight Saves around.......... “Brilliant!” ;)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Snopes has an article on Connie Meskimen. (Incidentally, this "Connie" is a guy; maybe it's short for "Conrad" or something.)

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
If we do away with the am and just make it pm we should be able to do away with daylight, and hence daylight savings time as we are not really saving any daylight. We could also go to military time and just have 24 hours in the day, again no need for daylight savings time. Or we could go to nighttime long time and give us all lots of time to mess around...so if we do not have daylight savings time is it nighttime long time or nighttime wasting time.....I really do not know...so please help me out. I live up in one of them yankee states so really do not know shit.