thongs in the frat, WTF???

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by fratdude, Jul 17, 2004.

1. fratdude

fratdude New Member

New member here;

Came home from the bar last night and found my roommate Greg (our rooms share a common bathroom) standing in the bathroom wearing a t-shirt and thong underwear. I said "dude WTF, why do you have womenÂ’s underwear on?" I scrambled to get my digital camera, but he ran and put shorts on. If I could have got the pic he would have been laughed out of the frat. I know he is not gay because he dates and bangs chicks pretty often. I thought he was joking when he said there are others in our house that wear thongs and that it was a metrosexual fashion trend? WTF is metrosexual? This shit is blowing my mind! This is a frat house for God's sake! Is this metrosexual crap like when I saw dudes on campus wearing clogs and backless sneakers a couple of years ago!

Help? Anyone? Any KA's?

Greeks rule! KA House

Fratdude

"Short but fat" 6.5" X 6.75"
    Girlfriend named it the "Hog"

2. Imported

Gold Member

BRMSTN69: And why do they call you Greek's?

3. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I wasn't in a frat, but it seemed like a lot of those fratboys were trying a little too hard to show they were "all man." And if you're just now hearing the term "metrosexual," then....well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're in a frat. :p

4. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Now why would you want to do something like that? Dude that is malicious.

It is likely that it was a g/f that picked it up as a gag gift. For some reasons, g/f's seem to think it is cute for a guy to run around with a string up his ass. It takes some getting used to..trust me. And NO, I don't wear thongs; but I did for a couple of months while I learned to strip for charity.

jay

5. Imported

Gold Member

HornyVeteranSJ: A Metrosexual is a man who is very confident in his sexuality. They are hetrosexual, but they don't hide their feelings like most hetro males do. They try to be very cultural, sensitive to others, have GQ fashion, emotional, etc. They can wear pink and still radiate as an alpha dog. They get their nails and feet done. This is a generalization though, but hopefully you get the drift.

6. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Metrosexuals: Straight Guy with a Queer Eye. I'm suspicious about dudes who claim to be metrosexual. I met one, and if he's 'straight', I'm a drunken hamster. My dear, he was gayer than pound of pink feathers! The only reason a woman would go out with him is if she thinks of him as a girlfriend. The men I've met that say they're metrosexual are actually closeted gay men who saw a word on Sounth Park that they figured would suffice to cover their actual sexuality. They're wrong; most people can see through the charade. I'm not suggesting that there are no effeminate straight men, but there are far fewer than those effeminate men who claim to be straight.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

What kind of frat is this anyway?

Every fraternal organization I've had experiences with formed a close-knit brotherhood that would not tolerate a brother having such an attitude with a fellow member as 'fratdude.'

Certainly, when I was in college, the new stuff didn't include thongs for men - it was more like low-cut briefs or 'sports-cut' boxers - but I don't remember anybody being made fun of for wearing them.

Some of us wandered around the dorm or the frat house wearing nothing at all. We probably knew more about our frat brothers than our own brothers at home.

8. jonb

Gold Member

And what's funny is, a gay columnist actually was the first to coin the term. He also coined other terms for closet cases like "homohetero". (That's a straight man who watches Oz.) Of course, queer guys have had an eye for me before, but they weren't offering to give me a makeover. LOL

But the fact remains: Those pants and those shoes say you pound butt!

9. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I didn't know that there were guys out there who were identifying as metrosexuals. I thought that's what others were describing them as. I got the impression that they were grooming and fashion-conscious straight guys, but the more I think about that, the more it sounds like either:

1) a cover for a closeted (or in denial) gay man

or

2) a straight guy who's adopted that lifestyle just to get chicks.

Granted, my gaydar couldn't be as honed as DMW's, but every guy I've met like that seemed pretty gay. Not that I care either way. Maybe it's a phenomenon latched onto by straight women to attempt to widen their dating options.

10. jonb

Gold Member

So you can pick up more chicks by pretending to be gay? Oh, the irony.

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh my god, yes, especially now! Here's my .02, many women are fed up with the alpha-male "Captain Kirk" image and desire a man who doesn't belch at the table, doesn't dress like a hillbilly, and has sufficient command of the English language to carry on a conversation beyond "woman, pass the butterbeans!". Queer Eye made it apparent to the world that many str8 men are simply socially unacceptable in their presentation, and gay guys have it going on! Most women I know can think of someone in their lives they would love to have a makeover done for on national television! Women (like me) have aligned themselves with gay men in friendships for years because they often find it difficult to have serious conversation with straight men. Some men who try harder are now calling themselves "metrosexuals" to let women know there's more to them than sports and bad manners, and yes, some even care enough to decorate their homes! Believe it or not, some are fairly decent in bed because they are able to think about what a woman would want.

12. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Oh my god, yes, especially now! Here's my .02, many women are fed up with the alpha-male "Captain Kirk" image and desire a man who doesn't belch at the table, doesn't dress like a hillbilly, and has sufficient command of the English language to carry on a conversation beyond "woman, pass the butterbeans!". [/b][/quote]
    However, there's a middle ground. Not straight every man is either metrosexual or a caveman. What you're describing is not metrosexuality, but just someone who cares about how he is perceived. A straight man can be couth without coming off like a total flaming queen. I have nothing against flaming queens, mind you, but I don't want to date one. Most women I know feel the same way.

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh, absolutely! I thought metrosexual WAS the middle ground between moron and flaming queen.

14. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

When did women ever go for Captain Kirk? He had a heyday?

:lol:

15. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I'm definately not metrosexual! Zora, it isn't the middle ground because they do tend to be closer towards the "gay" side of the behaviour line. I mean, no offence, but a guy who needs a manicure is NOT cool.

Also, aren't metrosexuals just begging to be laid by a well hung gay man?

Personally, I care about my appearance, but I don't get obsessed. As long as I look good and feel good, that's okay with me.

And I don't belch at the table...honest. ;)

BTW, Kirk has a heyday, but Uhura was...something else.

Oh yeah, I have worn a g-string. It accentuates the bulge, don'tcha know. This is obviously a good thing. Shame it fell to peices though.

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

Okay, so it's a hometown thing (why am I not surprised by this?), but women and men around here refer to a guy who's not a Neanderthal as metrosexual. Guys even call themselves that with pride if they've done even the slightest home improvements and have no apparent stains on their clothes. It seems a way for straight guys to make it noticable to women that they are more progressive- may even be into the arts! I adore flaming queens, but wouldn't want to date them (nor they I), but my impression of what that meant was quite different.

17. bigsam

bigsam Member

Well...to address the initial topic of the thread, I am also in a fraternity and I don't think that what your brother was doing was necessarily weird at all.

You may be suprised to find out that just because people seem to like girls and "bang chicks all the time" doesn't make them straight. We had a member or two of our chapter who we knew were just in denial of their homosexuality for a long time and were very happy for them when they finally figured out that they didn't need to hide anymore.

Also...a lot of my brothers act very close with each other in a manner that would quite possibly be construed as "gay". I've had my balls smacked by another guy, or my package tapped to know that it doesn't turn me on. I can be totally close with my brothers and not worry about any of them laughing at me or calling me gay. I happen to be very comfortable in my sexuality, and I know that everyone else who knows me really well knows that too.

As for metrosexuality??? We have a few guys in our chapter that we would actually identify as metro...they get manicures, they own a lot of primping type products...but there aren't many. I would say that MOST if not all of the men in our chapter are not pigheaded neanderthals. We try to be gentlemen in the truest sense.

We like to think of ourselves as Fraternity Men, as opposed to "fratboys"

Sam

18. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

We have a running joke about one of my to-be roommates being metrosexual because he has a ridiculous number of hair styling products, dresses like the prep type, and occasionally wears a mint julep masque. (Don't ask.)

And someone joked with me once about having metrosexual hair, since it's been dyed and I try to style it up -- well, once I get all the knots out of my naps out.

Metrosexuality is kinda like this. Girl One points to a guy that seems like a pretty boy, "He's kinda cute." Girl two snidely responds, "Yeah, too pretty; he's probably gay. Knowing my luck, sheesh..." She signs. Girl One leans in, "Well, hey, he might be metrosexual." Before Girl Two scoffs, she quickly interjects, "No, no! Metrosexual guys are straight; they just like looking good and pampering themselves a bit, but they definitely don't like guys!"

It could be a cover: Metrosexuality blurs the lines among gay, bi, and straight all that more. At the same time, it's a social phenomenon that plays well into gender roles and helps further distinguish the outdated "traditional" masculinity and femininity concepts. Just like girl athletes can look really good in a pair of nice jeans and t-shirt and a ball cap while slugging the hell out of a baseball, guys can get their nails done and their hair did and it's all good.

As for the guy in the original post sporting a thong... well... if he can handle a string up his butt, more power to him. I sure couldn't!

19. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Problem solved.

My definition of metrosexual:

Felix Unger.

20. jonb

Gold Member

No, a metrosexual is a flaming queen, only without the butt-pounding and cock-sucking. I'm more the middle ground: I care about my apearance, but I never spend outside my means. But I still order all my clothes online, only because of my tall, wiry build.

Draft saved Draft deleted