Those tragic stars with their parents that didn't know how to be a parent..?

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is amazing as to how further you go back when the problems with some of these stars...it all boils down to their parents...

For example, Judy Garland was doped by the studios at such a young age at MGM and her mother was even worse than any mother out there today. It was known she was a terror at MGM and even threatening Judy Garland for nearly her whole adult life that had a effect on her. They even said that Ethel was worse than the Wicked West of The West.

It was known that Marvin Gaye, Sr. had a huge grudge against his son, Marvin Gaye, Jr. and in response to that he shot his son. Marvin was trying to reason with his father for so long It was amazing that his father, Marvin Gaye, Sr. outlived his son at age 84. Hell, it was known his a miserable cold-hearted man who no passion or love for his son. He and Joe Jackson were almost alike, except for the killing.

And now we are hearing that Judy Haim, Corey's mother, was more a friend than a mother. Even before this whole cancer happened, I believe her mothering days consisted of letting her son, Corey, roam free of his will in Hollywood. Judy even let Haim live with Sarah Jessica Parker and Robert Downey Jr. when he was about 12 and let him live with Brooke McCarter after "The Lost Boys". Hell, even when Corey Haim did OD, she would not think as a big deal, according to some sources. And now, she is asking for funeral donations. That's low, even for a woman in her 50s or 60s that should do every working class individual does when they bury a love. Pay it all and don't ask the public to do their share, which is what Judy Haim probably thought, anyway.

You know, it is really scary to hear how some of these parents could raise children out of a whim and send to Hollywood. It is truly scary as to how these parents could get sucked in the whole glitz and glamor so fast that they too become one with it. Like the Lohans. Even when that certain someone is hanging his career on the line, it seems to me every parent would turn a blind eye and not him at all. True, they all have to help themselves since they got involved in their mess for how many years. Even Judy Garland was at fault when she was broke and no longer a MGM star.

It is just shocks me as to how some of these stars' parents don't even act as parents, but more like "friends", "enablers", "abusers of power", "stage moms", etc. It's like seeing an unhealthy environment going on and you sometimes want to smack some of them upside the head to show them that is not the fault of doctors or quacks, but rather themselves to let their children without being taught correctly.

It is probably not the most convincing argument at all, but what do you think of these parents that had sons or daughters that were hot stuff at one point and somewhere they burned themselves fast? Just curious as to what your take is on this.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish I could make harsh, biased statements based on what I read in the news too.

Not saying that there is no truth to any of what you've said but I don't think its the whole or even half of the truth.

I would say more but you obviously don't want to hear anything other than, "FUCK THOSE PARENTS! THOSE SCUMBAGS!"

FYI, I don't think anyone "knows" how to be a parent; I think everyone "learns" how to be a parent.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can blame parents and many of them deserve some blame, but ultimately it comes down to the individual and the choices that they make. We hardly ever talk about celebrities who made wise choices with their lives and careers. Two that spring to mind are Jody Foster and Brooke Sheilds, they both took a break and got an education... and as an aside they both also have talent.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can blame parents and many of them deserve some blame, but ultimately it comes down to the individual and the choices that they make. We hardly ever talk about celebrities who made wise choices with their lives and careers. Two that spring to mind are Jody Foster and Brooke Sheilds, they both took a break and got an education... and as an aside they both also have talent.

and Ron Howard another success.

Parents are good or bad everywhere, without the celeb. status of these children, the parents probably never would gain a seconds notice.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry for the few grammatical errors in my post.....I meant help instead of "him" and I meant witch instead "West"...my bad for my grammar errors.

Thanks for your thoughts and patience on this topic.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You got a good point there, nudeyorker. Every family is not perfect. Hell, the Jackson family could be rated as the most dysfunctional family out there. Everyone knew Joe Jackson was a scum sucker of the lowest kind to care about himself, not for his family. Besides, it was the upbringing he had when he was a kid, too. I think Joe was raised the way he was when he was a kid when you had to look out for yourself and not for others. So you have yourself a valid point there.

As sad as it may sound, I think Corey Haim had his place in the sun. He could have gotten out of Hollywood, speak out against mother, and try a different career, but he was a momma's boy. Judy Haim was probably the only closet "friend" he ever had that allowed him to do what he wanted to do. I think it is a very scary thing when some of these parents that have kids and say to them, "I could also be your friend. Not a parent." I thought the rule requires for both. But thanks for your time and thought, nudeyorker and everyone.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry for the few grammatical errors in my post.....I meant help instead of "him" and I meant witch instead "West"...my bad for my grammar errors.

Thanks for your thoughts and patience on this topic.

Typos aren't much of a problem. Most of us can read around them and understand what is being said.

You'd only run into the problems of typo critique if you're a troll.