Those with Meniere's or other Vestibular/Inner ear problems (m)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestGal, Feb 10, 2008.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    are you extremely sensitive to smell, texture, motion, or light? If so what is your physical reaction to any of that stimuli?

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know if I have "Meniere's" but I have a sensitivity to rapid motion and a strong sense of smell. I couldn't watch BLAIR WITH PROJECT because of the shakey camera, and MAN OF THE YEAR had a prolonged quick cut hand held camera sequence that induced nausea. My inner ears were damaged by a forceps used to pull my little head out of my Mother's birth canal. I guess I tend to use my vision to replace the inner ear damage to my balance organ.

Won't go see CLOVERFIELD either.

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I'm sensitive to motion. It generally just produces vertigo. If the vertigo is severe enough or lasts long enough, then I'll lose my appetite, and at worst, get a small feeling of nausea.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

:tongue:

Yes, I have the vestibular disorder known as Meniere's I am no more sensitive to smells than I was before this diagnosis. Certain motions or movements have a negative affect on me and produce nausea and vertigo. I have always been picky about the texture of my clothing and food since I was a little kid. Turns out that has nothing to do with my Meniere's. I have a Sensory Integration Disorder. :rolleyes::tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted