Thoughts and Prayers and Hootie

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My heart goes out to the people of Texas and other states in the path and massive destruction of Ike. So many people lost their homes and are trapped in the rubble. I want to send a message to my buddy Hootie. You are in my thoughts and prayers. He's ok but there was a lot of damage.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, please do continue to pray for Hootie. Here is an email he sent to Prep this weekend . He seems in good spirits.

I am super tired but cannot access lps while on hotel computer. That would not be a good place to go while in the lobby. Tell naughty to go see the head doctor. Her's has some unusual bumps on it. Her hairdresser told me. Please tell Tardis, cow, and Hockeyguy I said moooooooo.
hootie

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, please do continue to pray for Hootie. Here is an email he sent to Prep this weekend . He seems in good spirits.

I am super tired but cannot access lps while on hotel computer. That would not be a good place to go while in the lobby. Tell naughty to go see the head doctor. Her's has some unusual bumps on it. Her hairdresser told me. Please tell Tardis, cow, and Hockeyguy I said moooooooo.
hootie
Yes he is fine. Ive been in contact with him everyday. However something like this is very hard to go through. Thats why i posted this thread. This is his second time dealing with a storm the strength of ike and the destruction. He's a great guy and i know he will be fine. I know this thread will bring a smile to his face.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
To my good pal Hootie, my thoughts are with you during all you are going through, we have laughed and got pissed off together and put the world to right through this great site. I really miss the banter and the chats we have and miss seeing that cheeky little Monkey - YOU- around the boards, i know we are miles apart, but just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you as with my prayers and keeping you safe.

I found this and wanted to post it for you -

A friendship is a precious jewel in our lives. A true friend--one who is there in rain or shine, through the Internet or IRL --is like a lifeline when we are sinking into the sea of sadness, a beacon to bring us home. They are with us unconditionally, asking nothing in return. They embrace us, help us, and sometimes just are there with us.

They rejoice in our successes and console us in our failures. They can also be brutally honest with us about our faults and fallacies, (LOL and our Pics), not out of meanness or egotism, but out of a desire to help us avoid the pitfalls they see in our path.

Take care Hootie, Hugs Tardis

D

deleted3782

I hope things return to normal as quickly as possible. Normalcy (while sometimes boring) is an underappreciated state of being. Speedy recoveries.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hootie just asked me to post this account of what folks are going through down there for everyone to check out:

Well, it's unbelievable down here. We didn't get the media coverage but it's horrible. Sabine pass got more storm surge than Houston or Galveston. Some places got a little wind damage, and are mainly waiting on utility restoration.

The city I live in and the neighboring small towns suffered major flooding. It was over 9 feet in some spots. I went down to the post office today and it's locked tight. They have to bring in a professional cleaning crew to clean and disinfect it. Water was big time in the building, and mud is everywhere. The whole downtown is mud. Buildings have an inch to two inches of mud in them.

Flooding on my assignment was so great that fish were jammed in the hurricane fences. There are dead fish everywhere, and the stench is bad. The snakes and gators are out in force too. Not good at all.

No stores have food, only 1 or 2 gas stations are open now, and no drug stores. The donut shop is open in the mornings. Two tire places are open. No laundramats are open. I think we are going to wind up stinky naked people.

Fema got here right away, and the national guard is handing out the ice, water, and food.
We appreciate the effort the government is making. Thankfully, most people here have sense to get out, and the county and state makes sure there is free transportation to get people out. I don't know why New Orleans didn't have that much sense in Katrina. We've done this for years.

I passed a lot of convoys yesterday coming from far away states. Utility companies are pouring into the state to help with Houston. We lost so many trees during Rita that down trees are a minor issue. We lost transmission lines. The wind bent the towers like pipe cleaners.

The storm may cause the permanent closing of one of our major employers. The chemical plant had benzene contamination. They are telling the employees it may be 6 weeks to never that they'll reopen.

I am tired, very sad, and wish I could retire. I checked on some of the business owners on my route. Every single time I saw someone, I stopped to check on them, and gave out lots of hugs.

I brought a whole box of kleenex with me. Last time, I had to wipe my eyes a lot because of all the suffering people. It's something you have to live to understand. You just can't imagine it.

I need something to bring a smile. Rubi, pm me a pic of you in the red dress.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Flooding on my assignment was so great that fish were jammed in the hurricane fences. There are dead fish everywhere, and the stench is bad. The snakes and gators are out in force too. Not good at all.

I once saw the aftermath of a substantial flash flood. Its amazing the types of objects and animals that come rolling downstream with a flood. Parts of houses, cars, trees, power poles. Half drowned snakes and dead fish were everywhere. Human bodies recovered were so badly mauled from the flood that rescuers couldn't determine if they were male or female. It wasn't pretty.

Best of luck to Hootie in the aftermath.