Thoughts at first sight of condoms

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by lpsg555, Nov 20, 2008.

1. lpsg555

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    First of all, I hope this qualifies as a women's issue, I'm still fairly new here.
    Ladies, before you know what a guy is packing - what, if anything, goes through your mind when you first discover that he has magnum condoms. If you're interested in him does it make you even more excited; if not that interested would it make you more likely to be, etc.?

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

If I see Magnum XL then I know he's really hung, just Magnums could mean 6.5x5.5, which isn't super hung.

3. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think most women know what the guy is packing way before we (or the guy) brings out the condoms... I don't what to waste time with an inadequate guy, so I always make sure to get a hug, a dance - or what ever - before I even consider taking the guy home.

So guys - there's no reason to buy a bigger condom than your really need - we have checked your equipment way earlier than you think. Sorry... :frown1:

4. Erector

Erector New Member

Well I am 6.5" x 6.5" and use the Magnum XL. I never have considered myself as "large." I never considered it an ego issue. XL's just fit. In fact, it was a bit embarressing when I first bought the XL's.

In previous posts I was 6"x6.5" but I have lost 20 pounds in an attempt at better health and gained some of my old length back in the process. An unforseen benefit!

5. lpsg555

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Tiny Princess, ever get caught "checking the equipment?"

6. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    Probably - but then would you mind catching me checking? :smile:

Well, sometimes I check the "nice" way - sometimes I just do the simple thing and rest my hand there... I mean, you guys can check the boobs and butt beforehand - why shouldn't we check you out with our hands then... :wink:

7. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

In my experience, women notice if your condom selection consists of Magnums. Occasionally, I've had comments if one is sitting on my nightstand, etc. These were before we ever were "intimate." I think if you're trying to "show-off" that you carry Magnums, they may suspect you're full of it or trying too hard. However, if they happen to notice in a natural environment, that you clearly use them--and not just for show--then there may be some intrigue.

8. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    Unless you consider Magnums "small" as TK pointed out earlier...

9. lacuna22

lacuna22 New Member

Albums:
    i am 7"x6.5" and according to several condom manufacturers, 6.5" circumference is in the 95th percentile for girth.

so, yeah you are pretty large, just not necessarily in length.

i know i don't need all the length of a magnumXL, but anything less has always felt too tight and uncomfortable. the XLs don't slip at all on me and feel the best of anything else i've tried.

10. lpsg555

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Also, 6.5 inches in length is around 85th percentile (according to the Lifestyles study that seems the most legit).

11. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To be honest, i've been a little risky with my last 2 partners....we start out with condoms the first few times we fuck and by the end of the relationship we're going bareback. Its not good (being that i'm a 20 y.o. african american). I don't want to be a statistic or anything but it feels so much better without one. Neither partner didn't know I was on birth control but i could have still caught an std. am I the only chic who can feel a guy cum when its raw? The bigger the better. For me pain is pleasure. The biggest laugh i ever had before sex was when i was about to have sex with my current partner for the fist time and I handed him the condom. I didn't have any lifesytles so ihanded him a magnum...he looked at me and said "did u really think im that big?" He went and got a condom from one of his buddies

12. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    That might be the trick Rommette. Hand the guy an XL - just to make sure he's the minimum size... :wink:

13. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

I've never tried the Magnum XL, but they are a new "invention" to me. During my teenage years (I'm 29 now), Magnums were the big condoms. When I first developed my condom preference after becoming sexually active, Magnums still predated XLs by many years. I remember seeing XLs for the first time in an internet promo. A little while later, a FEW stores started carrying them. Most stores STILL don't carry XLs.

I like the Magnums just fine. I REALLY like the new Magnum Thins, as the original were not very sensitive. Magnums are big enough for my modest endowment. :biggrin1: From what I understand, XLs are primarily a "girth" condom, as the length is nearly identical to Magnums. I am not 6.5" in girth. If I were, maybe I would understand the need for XLs. I do know that I'm a couple inches longer than some guys who say they use the XLs. Regular condoms are certainly too small in girth for me (won't even role down my cock), and too short as well. Despite popular opinion, I believe that long cocks need a long condom just as much as fat cocks needing a fatter condom. I use Magnums for the length, as well as girth. I don't like several inches of exposed shaft--It's like a sock that doesn't fit.

14. D_Marazion Analdouche

Hey not all of us are showers ya know :tongue:

15. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    :biggrin1: Dance with me for a few minutes and you will be fully grown - shower or not...

16. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I don't know if all this matters. Using myself as an example I can wear Mags or regular. I've never tried the XLs but I just looked up the stats on them and they are only .2" wider at the head than regular Mags and actually .13" narrower on the shaft. They are the same length.

I think it's all psychological...

17. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    yah right like we are 'accidentally' grabbing your ass when we hug...

18. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I think "this could be promising" but there are always the guys who think they can fit into a magnum. You know the ones who always have an excuse of why the condom wont stay on (couldnt possibly be they are to small for it though)

19. blackthunder79

Albums:
    TP-you talk more s**t then a little bit.

My two cents as I started with magnums (first time I had sex reg. condoms wouldn't fit over the head...she was pissed!) but then moved on to XLs.

I tried on Magnums (sung but went on without a problem) but towards the end of sex, right before I bust a nut, I got a sharp pain at the base. Ignored it and we kept on fucking. With each successive time my erection was harder to keep up due to the tightness at the base. I also noticed the "ring mark" at the base after each sex session. It got to the point where my dick would go limp as I pulled out the magnum condom. So one day when I went to get another box of Magnums I realized a new condom: XLs. Tried them. Never gone back.

Girth at my base is 6.75-6.8 (based on arousal) while only 6.3 midshaft.
    Length wise I always have at least an inch of skin between the ring and my base.

So although some say its a confidence booster, I tend to disagree as I turned to it after pain.

Draft saved Draft deleted