Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i was cut as an adult my own decision if it is done for medical or relgious reasons then fine otherwise until the child is of legal age ie 18 or 21.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The poll above shows what others have shown, that the proportion of intact guys who are happy with the way they are is markedly greater than the proportion of cut guys who are happy with the way they are.

(It's too few to be statistically significant, and self-reporting on a website about big dicks is not a random sample of the general population, but the figures as of July 24, 2011 are -
happy/unhappy to be intact, 72/11 = 6.5:1
happy/unhappy to be circumcised, 59/36 = 1.6:1
or four times as likely to be happy to be intact as happy to be circumcised.)
The figures as of August 8, 2011 are -
happy/unhappy to be intact, 102/15 = 6.8:1
happy/unhappy to be circumcised, 87/57 = 1.52:1
or 4.45 times as likely to be happy to be intact as happy to be circumcised.
Therefore, if you want your son to be happy with the way he is, the chances of that are greater if you simply leave his genitals alone.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only thing I've ever wondered on this subject is whether being cut would reduce sensitivity and enable cut guys in general to last longer.
Being able to last until you and your partner are ready is not just a matter of sensitivity but also feedback. More nerves mean more feedback and hence more contro.

Even if being circumcised does make men last longer overall, that's only a gain to those who don't last long enough, so it's something for adult men to consider if they have that problem. But it's a general rule that men take longer and longer as they grow older, so what may be a benefit today may be a deficit a few years down the track.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I am circumcised and am not happy that I was. Now, my opinion is based on a great deal of personal experience, a medical family, and a great deal of research. The personal experience comes from a very poor circ job done on me that created problems when I sexually matured. My personal anger at it did not stem from that however. My personal anger at the procedure stemmed from the fact that my parents were not even asked. The MD hacked my dick and handed them a bill without even asking.

Medical insurance companies in the past paid for circumcision routinely. Over the past twenty years they have with altering data changed that policy. Most will still pay for the procedure if there is medical need for it.

I am not a rabid "anti-circ" freak at all and I do agree with the procedure under many different circumstances. I however dislike the "cash cow" aspects for a number of MD's who will say anything to make a buck even if there is no evidence to back it up.

If you decide to circ talk at length to the MD doing the procedure and see to it that some small amount of skin is left behind. If they cut too tight and leave behind a considerable circumcision scar, at the time the child matures sexually problems can happen. That is what happened to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it really needs to be done for all the right reasons and not because it is a fad or done based on misinformation.

When you do your research look very carefully at the dates the research was done and who funded that research and who was behind that funding. This can be layered and sometimes finding the actual source can be a challenge.

I would not circumcise my own child unless there were medical cause. I would also discuss this with my child when he was old enough to understand and explain with legitimate research the advantages and disadvantages of the procedure. If the kid wanted it I suppose I would then invest in it later.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I would not circumcise my own child unless there were medical cause. I would also discuss this with my child when he was old enough to understand and explain with legitimate research the advantages and disadvantages of the procedure. If the kid wanted it I suppose I would then invest in it later.

Unless there is a medical reason, just as parents should not be allowed, children, even adolescents, should not be allowed to modify their bodies permanently. The judgement is just not there. Teenagers do things for reasons that seem important at the time, and are regretted for a lifetime (viz. all the bad tattoos and piercings). If a boy thinks he wants to cut off part of his penis, wait until he is over 18 at least, and let him pay for it.

S

SirConcis

I disagree with forcing males to wait until they are 18.

teenage years are the most important ones for one,s sexuality, where the male gets self confidence or shame of his aparatus.

If a young teenager feels "different" and wants to be circumcised, he should be allowed to get cut at age 10-13 and beyond so that he goes through puperty with pride of his penis.

If you want the kid to avoid circumcision, it would be the parent's role to ensure that the kid is poud of his uncut penis and doesn't develop a desire to be cut. But if such a desire develops, he should not be prevented from getting cut (assuming the desire is not something that lasts just a week).

Reactions: japetty

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

teenage years are the most important ones for one,s sexuality, where the male gets self confidence or shame of his aparatus.

If a young teenager feels "different" and wants to be circumcised, he should be allowed to get cut at age 10-13 and beyond so that he goes through puperty with pride of his penis.

If you want the kid to avoid circumcision, it would be the parent's role to ensure that the kid is poud of his uncut penis and doesn't develop a desire to be cut. But if such a desire develops, he should not be prevented from getting cut (assuming the desire is not something that lasts just a week).

I'm curious: Why are you an apologist for parental prerogative in choosing to circumcise their children, but not in deciding a child isn't old enough to evaluate the choice and/or that the child should take responsibility for funding the operation himself?

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but it seems inconsistent with your previous arguments. Not that I'm complaining: This position is a lot better than defending RIC.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Shame, huh. Look there are all sorts of things that teenage boys and girls get teased about, all painful -- big nose, small boobs, big boobs, bad hair, small penis, big penis, clumsy, too short, too tall, high voice, and on and on -- If parents surgically change any of these things during teenage years, before the child grows up to decide what is important to them, they are really abusing the child. Of all so-called reasons to circumcise a boy, conformity is absolutely the worst!

Circumcising to avoid teasing means depriving the boy of a lifetime of increased pleasure to avoid a couple of years of changing room discomfort. When I came to this country as a boy, when teased about my foreskin, I learned to do what any kid should learn to do with teasing, I ignored it, teased back, said I was proud of it, turned my back when changing with strangers. I learned a set of strategies to deal with it. My parents had been sure to reassure me that I was better off than my cut friends, so I felt more secure inside.

As I got into my later teens, when girl after girl loved my foreskin, when jacking with cut friends, it was clear how much easier masturbation was for me, I began to feel vindicated. Now, after a lifetime of women telling me how much they loved my foreskin, playing with it and feeling it inside them, of being admired by men, the idea that someone would cut me to make me more like my peers is abhorrent.

Circumcision is now "American," not because it is healthier or cleaner, but because people don't want their boys' penises to "look different." How completely insane is that? Well perhaps as insane as making ourselves obese, stocking up on guns, Tea Party politics, and all the rest of the small-minded and self destructive attitudes we tend to embrace with fervor in this country.

redpw865

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was cut last year aged 52. I kept putting up with pain and splits for years which affected sex. WE LOVE IT!!! Its amazing and everything is so much better. Lubs also a new experience thats great fun. One thing I would say is I am glad I had one and made my own desision. I will have to do some pics lol xxx

Reactions: japetty

D_ Jack_Soffalotte

Account Disabled
Media
I think it's cruel to cut a child's foreskin off before he can decide for himself, or even talk in most cases. Mutilation is a harsh word, but an accurate one to describe post-natal circumcision, I think. I don't care if it's for religious reasons either.

Once the kid is older it's okay, even though I still wouldn't get it done myself, but it should be age restricted just like any other body modification. Like a piercing or something. I don't see the difference.

Last edited:

fun21

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some typical Points of view:

Pro Cut...............................Leave Intact
Cleaner............................................Just as clean
Feels better......................................Feels better
Want to have my son look like me.........I wish I had foreskin, so I'll let my son choose
I don't want him to be teased..............% of cut vs uncut has changed
Looks nicer.......................................Looks nicer

There are many more, I tried to be impartial with the list, though my personal opinion is to leave it on in most cases. Men are always going to have strong biases about this which will usually override any argument from either side.

Last edited:

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some typical Points of view:

Pro Cut...............................Leave Intact
Cleaner............................................Just as clean
Feels better......................................Feels better
Want to have my son look like me.........I wish I had foreskin, so I'll let my son choose
I don't want him to be teased..............% of cut vs uncut has changed
Looks nicer.......................................Looks nicer

There are many more, I tried to be impartial with the list, though my personal opinion is to leave it on in most cases. Men are always going to have strong biases about this which will usually override any argument from either side.

What should override any argument is, it's HIS body, HIS choice. He might grow up to want a bigger dick - so should I have some silicone pumped in before he leaves the hospital? Don't be so damned silly, you cry. Well it's the same with cutting bits off.

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did it again. I wish I had already been circumcised while in school, Jr high and High school. I just wanted to look like the other guys in the locker rooms. I also thought cut cocks looked much better than uncut. I recall phoning a urolgists office at age 16 to inquire of the cost of a circumcision operation. I knew my parents
could't afford the operaton to get me circumcised. I longed to be circumcised for many years. I envied my friends who were cut. I don't know how many times I asked myself, "why couldn't my dick look like theirs?" I thought to myself, Boy, life sure isn't fair." So consider your uncut son could very well wish he had been cut when he was born. And there is the finanicial cost of getting
circumcised as an adult. It cost nearly $1,000 for me to get cut. If anyone has the figures on what the cost is today please post it here. It possibly has doubled by now. I had some medical insurance, but I ended up paying the majority of the cost. If I had been circumcised at birth the charge wouldn't have been more than $25.00 at most. Another thing, I don't consider circumcision as a mutilation, not at all. I had a friend who confided in me he would like to have a circumcision performed on him, but he died as a result
of a homicide. He never got to experience
the joy of being circumcised. I guess that's all I wanted to say.