Votes: 128 22.1%

• Total voters

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Internet Polls Found to Be Unrepresentative

Most Internet polls should be avoided as measures of the opinions of the general population, according to a report released last month by the American Association of Public Opinion Researchers (AAPOR).

The AAPOR Report on Online Panels maintains that “researchers should avoid non-probability online panels when one of the research objectives is to accurately estimate population values.”

Keep up the good work Mr. Native :wink:

I appreciate that you're actually engaging my argument now, even it's a small part.

I'm pretty sure I said so earlier in the topic, but I'll repeat: Internet polls are not random samples. Anyone who's taking intro Stats knows that. However, they're still generally better than nothing. Moreover, Zayne was talking about treating medical conditions that affect <5% of the population and require circumcisions <10% of the time. Do you actually think there's something in LPSG's sampling that could distort the dissatisfaction rate so much that necessary medical circumcisions as an adult would be more common than being dissatified with RIC?

Ahhhh I see coming daily to a big pee pee site is indeed a noble act . Your 'contributions' might one day get noticed as such a selfless courageous act that it is. All the little foreskins out there you have rescued from certain destruction at the hands of careless unethical doctors and parents. It is indeed on par with 'issues of war and genocide'. Surely goodness and light will follow you oh SKM.

I'm a zealot because I'm making an ethical argument about something I'll have to recommend during my job? I guess you'd prefer medical practitioners who don't care about the medicine they're practicing...

Meanwhile you're outright lying about what I said (I obviously said that RIC was less important than "issues of war and genocide") in order to do creepy mocking, which I suppose somehow is not a mark of zealotry to you. And, no, I just skimmed your posts in that topic and you made the same snarky, insubstantive posts you do now. And, in any case, I don't care; if I'm "crazy" and promoting something bad, you should be able to take on my argument even more easily.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps my opinion is a bit biased, but I was recently led to believe that my circumcision is tighter than most others. Along with the lack of some sensitivity and a little bit of keratinization (a texture-like look and feel) on the edge of my glans, this new-found realization pushed me to really dislike my circumcision and its practice, in general.

When fully erect, I have almost no free skin to move around my shaft. Apparently, even circumcised men have at least some loose skin ... not me. Talk about forestalling and preventing "the development process in full" since my skin is so limited that it (apparently) had to start pulling in skin from my scrotum (penoscrotal webbing, turkey neck, or whatever you want to call it). That has its own issues that I've already vented out in another thread or two.

I have enough to complain about my dick, so I'll just stop now. In this poll, I answered "Circumcised and wish I wasn't"

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Circ and wish I wasn't.

I dunno, again it's like others have mentioned. Don't know any different as it was gone before I had the opportunity to try anything out.

Sex for me is kinda boring really. Anal sex doesn't do much for me. It doesn't feel like anything.
The only thing that really feels good is something that grips down and has lots of stimulation such as a Fleshlight.
Not sure if it's because of nerve endings being severed with the foreskin removal, or if it's just normal to feel that way.
That's why I say sex is very over rated.

But with all of the other problems we encounter with our lives, our foreskin being gone is the least of our worries really.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Internet Polls Found to Be Unrepresentative
Most Internet polls should be avoided as measures of the opinions of the general population, according to a report released last month by the American Association of Public Opinion Researchers (AAPOR).

The AAPOR Report on Online Panels maintains that “researchers should avoid non-probability online panels when one of the research objectives is to accurately estimate population values.”
Keep up the good work Mr. Native :wink:

Ahhhh I see coming daily to a big pee pee site is indeed a noble act . Your 'contributions' might one day get noticed as such a selfless courageous act that it is. All the little foreskins out there you have rescued from certain destruction at the hands of careless unethical doctors and parents. It is indeed on par with 'issues of war and genocide'. Surely goodness and light will follow you oh SKM.

Asides. I used Comic Sans font this time and it was no copy and paste. I like to mix things up. I hope it doesn't throw you off. As for the 235 posts that was long before I hit the Age of Reason at which point I decided you fanatics are indeed unreasonable.

And if you were capable of expressing your opinion without sarcasm, and condescencion one day you might achieve some credibility.

gigantor68

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think an interesting side poll to this one would be for those who voted Circumcised and wish I wasn't, how many are gay and how many are straight?

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
very interesting poll results so far. Seems as though most circumcised men wish they weren't when compared to uncircumcised men wishing they were circ'd. Interesting. Supports the notion to leave things alone at birth, and let the man decide for himself when he is old enough to make the decision (after being sexually active, of course).

D

deleted15807

However, they're still generally better than nothing.

Unscientific pseudo-polls are widespread and sometimes entertaining, if
always quite meaningless. Examples include 900-number call-in polls,
man-on-the-street surveys, most Internet polls, shopping mall polls, and
even the classic toilet tissue poll featuring pictures of the candidates on
each sheet.

blaaaaahhhhh capable of blaaaaahhhhh opinion without sarcasm, and blaaaaahhhhh achieve some credibility.

I'm sorry if I missed it but anyone not in alignment with the Foreskin Brigade manifesto indeed has no credibility. Somebody Say Amen.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't really vote...I'm what they call "partially" cut...apparently the doctor who did mine at birth was from Europe and didn't want to do it so he left me a little longer than the norm...I wish he would have left it alone altogether!!!!

D

deleted385913

I have no idea why we all cant be fucking thank full for what we have and learn from it..... Society should give freedom and choice.. Im cut and i love it... i dig the uncut cocks too.... So much time spent cussing one another instead playing with it and or having sex haha... The beauty is in the difference... ''we all have dicks remember'' why worry bout whether hes cut or he isnt.... Its almost like we are stuck under a rock of immaturity. Better things to worry bout than whether a guy has skin or not... they both work and makes seeing another dick a guessing game :)

parchissi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well this is an on going issue here at lpsg. Its a bit late now for me - I was cut at 4 days old - as were my other 7 brothers - its how it was back then in our community. So when you don't know any different - I just say I am happy with what I got and how it is...

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have no idea why we all cant be fucking thank full for what we have and learn from it..... Society should give freedom and choice.. Im cut and i love it... i dig the uncut cocks too.... So much time spent cussing one another instead playing with it and or having sex haha... The beauty is in the difference... ''we all have dicks remember'' why worry bout whether hes cut or he isnt.... Its almost like we are stuck under a rock of immaturity. Better things to worry bout than whether a guy has skin or not... they both work and makes seeing another dick a guessing game :)
You say society should give freedom and choice... So given everything you said, I'm just going to assume that you were cut by choice. If so, great - I'm glad you appreciate your own decision. Otherwise, you shouldn't have included the "freedom and choice" part because it really wouldn't fit in with what you said.

At least, it doesn't like it in my opinion... As if you're saying "Oh, we should be given freedom and choice... But even if we weren't given the choice, we should be happy with it!" - just seems a bit contradictory to me. Anyway...

Still, you have to understand that many of us, like me and most others who posted in this topic, weren't given that right of choice and have a lot of physical issues from it. Some people just don't like the look, but for me it's more than aesthetics and even the psychological effects behind not being given a "choice" - refer to my previous post in this topic.

Last edited:

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unscientific pseudo-polls are widespread and sometimes entertaining, if
always quite meaningless. Examples include 900-number call-in polls,
man-on-the-street surveys, most Internet polls, shopping mall polls, and
even the classic toilet tissue poll featuring pictures of the candidates on
each sheet.

But you understand why Internet polls are problematic? They're not, in fact, "quite meaningless." They lack a randomized, representative sample of the population. On an Internet poll, the sample is self-selected (there's a "barrier to entry" of sorts) and generally not reflective of the whole population. You can't calculate Margin of Error or do other statistical analyses. However, do those

Let's look at the effect self-selection and non-representative have on the poll's import. On LPSG, the barrier to entry (self-selection) is clicking on the poll and responding. I doubt that skews the sampling enough to account for such a huge (15% vs. 41%) variance in satisfaction. Do you not doubt that? So that leaves the possibility that there is something, demographically, that makes LPSG hugely skewed toward men who dislike being circumcised. Now, think about LPSG's demographics; LPSG tends to be disproportionately American, educated, areligious, LGBT, and liberal. I'm sure there are others. But, intuitively, does anything here suggest a rational reason that even a self-selected sample on LPSG (as a population) would have such a huge variance in it? The only one that sticks out to me is areligious, and even then, do you think that accounts for the gap? Seems incredibly unlikely to me. I guess you could argue that the ultimate factor is that more men know about circumcision here, and that poisons the well. But, um, somehow "men don't have a problem with being circumcised as long as they don't think about it or talk about it!" is not a compelling argument to me.

But, hey, if you really believe that falling American circumcision rates (including on private insurance), all of the guys who come to LPSG and express resentment at not having the choice, etc., are not suggestive that increased education about circumcision has led to increased doubt about its ethicalness...I think you're sticking your head in the sand, but whatever, do tell us why you think that.

Anthony1958

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am cut and really prefer the look of a cut penis. I just find it aesthetically more beautiful, but I have never rejected anyone because they weren't cut. I know that for some this is a VERY sensitive topic.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you include all the classy women of Scandinavia, France, italy, England, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Greece, Czech and Slovak republics and all the rest of Eastern Europe, Russia, the Ukraine, China, Japan, Korea, most of India Thailand, all of Central and South America and most of the rest of the world? No classy women there, I guess.

You must mean the classy women of Northern Africa, the Sudan, Israel, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Northern Nigeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, the rest of the Moslem world (love the fashions)... oh yeah, and part of the US and less of Canada, and even less of Australia.

You go with your classy, I'll go with mine.

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you include all the classy women of Scandinavia, France, italy, England, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Greece, Czech and Slovak republics and all the rest of Eastern Europe, Russia, the Ukraine, China, Japan, Korea, most of India Thailand, all of Central and South America and most of the rest of the world? No classy women there, I guess.

You must mean the classy women of Northern Africa, the Sudan, Israel, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Northern Nigeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, the rest of the Moslem world (love the fashions)... oh yeah, and part of the US and less of Canada, and even less of Australia.

You go with your classy, I'll go with mine.

I can't agree more with your post, lol.

S

SirConcis

Just because uncut is the norm in europe doesn't implicitly mean that european women prefer uncut. Many prefer cut (or guys with short enough foreskin that they look cut).

They accept uncut men because that is what they get. Doesn't mean that they prefer uncut.

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just because uncut is the norm in europe doesn't implicitly mean that european women prefer uncut. Many prefer cut (or guys with short enough foreskin that they look cut).

They accept uncut men because that is what they get. Doesn't mean that they prefer uncut.
That can be said of America also where many are cut. Girls say they "prefer" it but have no idea if they haven't had an uncut penis yet. It's a silly debate honestly. If your dick works, it should be fine. I'm all for ending infant circumcision entirely but if someone wants it done as an adult it's up to them.