Thoughts on heightism ?

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It’s interesting.

I find last few years heightism has become a thing. Do you think in general ppl (men and women) treat you differently bc of your height ?

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Since when has this become a new thing. The only difference is that it was called a personal choice, nota prejudice. Some guys like short women, women women like tall men, some men like short men Etc.

But to answer No, no instances I can remember where people have treated me differently .
I am 6 feet , taller than average ; but shorter than some . People are more amazed at my good posture; and attire, than my height

Well, nowadays the best way of being "right" is to become the victim, so many "-isms" are being created.

The only thing I can say is that, in general, women prefer taller men. It does not mean that is not the only important thing or that taller is better, of course, but I think for most of them is the most important physical trait regarding sexual appeal.

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There was a very percievable difference in how girls and women received me once I got to 6' tall, almost like night and day. Now at 6'3" I'm almost at a default of "likeable" on 1st sight.
reminds me of that saying is he hot or just 6’3 and above lol

Society has a height obsession. Short guys invest a lot in their personality or becoming successful. It creates a complex. In the gay world it’s a bit different as there is so many niche in

Reactions: Rewardheragain148

ss7979

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
6'3 268 lbs. I would say that the overall size is a big factor in how I am treated in public and on apps. Women usually have a lower range for hook-ups 5'9 or 6 ft or whatever. I meet pretty much all of those. A few have an upper limit but I am not so tall its weird. I have too much muscle for some women but a lot that don't admit it actually like it once their pussy is wet.

As for guys, hell yeah the overall size matters. "Excuse me, sorry, I didn't mean to ..." People are very polite. A few assholes wanna fight just because youre big. I don't fight as a choice but I will if I need to. 15 years of MMA makes that an option but always a last resort. Most guys just sort of act deferential

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you mean in a relationship then surely that's personal preference, my wife is a reasonably tall woman and openly admits she's only gone for men that are taller than herself, that's what she likes, it's her choice.

If you mean in the workplace then I guess it could be an ism or an ist, over here in the UK there used to be minimum heights to be a copper for instance, that changed long ago and now anyone can apply, whether or not they choose applicants who are taller over shorter people I don't know.

I have a buddy who used to be a firefighter who quit on principle, when laws changed he was partnered with a woman firefighter who was quite petite. Obviously she'd have passed her fitness training etc but his attitude was if he got into trouble while inside a burning building she'd have to carry him out which she couldn't physically do because of her build, I guess you could consider that heightist or strongist or something but his grounds were of a safety nature.

Reactions: Gj816

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think, what defines the -ism specifically isn't preferences, but rather a difference in how someone shorter is treated vs. Someone taller.
For women, how I see this most often expressed(much to the chagrin of men) is an obvious preference for taller(or whatever other metric)men, but a willingness to deal with shorter(or the antonym of the aforementioned metric)men for whatever benefit they offer, but at a lessened respect level. So simply not being chosen in the mating and dating game is a result of preferences, but being periodically chosen but treated as lesser during is the true evidence of the -ism.

Indelicate

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think, what defines the -ism specifically isn't preferences, but rather a difference in how someone shorter is treated vs. Someone taller.
For women, how I see this most often expressed(much to the chagrin of men) is an obvious preference for taller(or whatever other metric)men, but a willingness to deal with shorter(or the antonym of the aforementioned metric)men for whatever benefit they offer, but at a lessened respect level. So simply not being chosen in the mating and dating game is a result of preferences, but being periodically chosen but treated as lesser during is the true evidence of the -ism.
Exactly this ^^

Reactions: EGR1972

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never heard the term "heightism" before, but from what I've observed, the height of a man does seem to matter when it should not. I'm 5' 10" which is dead on average in the US so I'm not short or tall, but I have friends that are and I observe things in society. CEO's are generally tall men. Presidents of the US are generally tall men. Women often openly list a specific minimum height as a requirement in the online dating world (can you imagine it being generally acceptable for a man who prefers big breasts listing a minimum bra cup size?). And I've heard the term "short man's syndrome" used derogatorily towards a shorter man without knowing anything about him other than he seems confident or successful... as is he's overcompensating or something.

Just like every other human physical attribute, people should not be judged by it either consciously or subconsciously. Yes, people can have preferences in sexual partners, but other than sex, overall society should continue to work to judge people by the "content of their character" and nothing physical.

Reactions: Gj816 and RyanMars

HunginLondon

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It’s everything to be honest so I would not worry about it. It’s how attractive someone is physically, how fit they are, how much they weigh, what they earn, where they live, family background and more. I don’t think it’s new but you could say Instagram and the likes have accentuated it because many people want to portray the perfect life to others. Behind closed doors, they could be as miserable as anything, as often seen with celebrity couples who seem to have it all on camera but are deeply disturbed.

thickcockjames

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 5'7" and I can say that when I was younger sometimes I'd be insecure about my height, but I can't remember anyone else ever treating me negatively because of my height. I think when I was younger it was definitely was a motivating factor for me to try and excel in other areas though. I always try to keep myself in decent physical shape, I consider myself well educated and well read, I study the arts, have a decent job etc. A few friends of mine would joke about my height, but I'd give them shit about having a big nose, or skinny legs, just well intended ribbing I guess you could say.

In relationships, I've dated women who are 5'10", I've dated one woman who's 4'11" and as I got older and more comfortable with myself, dating a woman taller than me was never an issue. I think only one woman I dated even commented on her being taller than me, but then she grabbed my dick and said I'm big where it counts. haha. I can specifically remember being in high school, I worked at a local grocery store and I'd see the cover of all the magazines and Tom Cruise was on one with Nicole Kidman, and no one was talking about how much taller than him she is. That seemed to help an insecure high schooler.

I think for a man, there are two things we wish we could control but can't, our height and the size of our cock. Right? We will all find insecurities about ourselves, and project them to other people, but I always looked at the things I can control, and try to excel at those things. For some women, height does matter. There's a woman in my friend group who has flat out said her and I could never date because I'm not tall enough for her, and that's fine, people are allowed to have a preference. It is a bit of a bummer when their preference is something you really have no control over, but it is what it is. There are features a woman may have that are out of her control that I find unattractive, its just a preference. There's billions of partners to choose from on this planet, there are people out there who fit you, and you fit them.

Rewardheragain148

Loved Member
Media
reminds me of that saying is he hot or just 6’3 and above lol

Society has a height obsession. Short guys invest a lot in their personality or becoming successful. It creates a complex. In the gay world it’s a bit different as there is so many niche in
True here in California the rich dudes are always short ; makes sense of what you’re saying.

justahornyguy174

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think it is an "ism" but I do think women tend to be attracted to tall men. It's a bitch if you are short and I imagine incredibly frustrating but if you look at it the other way around it must be incredibly frustrating for women who just happen not to be as smoking hot as their friend. Humans are attracted to physically good looking people, then they look at personality, unfortunately that's just the way it is.
I'm 5 11" which is above average but most of my mates are tall so I look short

TryHarrd

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
5'4" and heightism is definitely a thing. I'm full of personality, but this doesn't cut it. Because of women's general attitude to height, quite a few of them before my wife have missed out on experiencing my large cock as they wouldn't take the next step with someone short (and even my wife wasn't an easy challenge). I'm a late-learner and wasn't fully aware of what I had at the time, so I know they would all be very surprised to find out what they missed on.

Hassall

Sexy Member
Media
Eugene, Oregon, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes heightism exists. I was 5x5 1/2" in height until the last few years when ddd lost me 2 and a half inches of height. Many women put a minimum of height at 5-10 or higher on dating sites. But I'm a pig if I say please have big tits and banging ass.... Add to that the fact that I have long hair. In the 80s&90s it wasn't that big of a deal. So cr I left my wife due to her emotionally and mentally abusing all 4 of our kids in 2012, I have only dated one woman. And I've been on the same dating g site since 2013. 95% of messages I send never even get a response. I don't even try anymore. Why waste the time and effort? I dated a woman the summer of 2021 but she had been a neighbor of mine for 4 years already. We never took it into the bedroom because she had been so badly abused physically, emotionally and sexually by so many men that it's hard to teach that pint with someone with so many traumatic experiences. Essentially, I haven't had sex for 11 years.

I've had more trouble with men and had bullies in school due to my smaller stature. People learned quick that I'm small but not weak and love to fight and am quite good at it. I figured out really you g that could not show weakness. Even with my injuries and disabilities, I still walk with confidence, I have no problem putting people in their place when they try to throw their weight around. Well that's one reason to be thankful that your first stepdad abusive piece of shit. He made me strong and oh yeah the first time I came home black blue and bloody. He told the next time I came home looking like that and my knuckles weren't as busted up as the rest of me..... He'd do worse
But I have always had to work harder and literally do everything better than everyone else to get the same recognition.

Yes, heightism is a real thing.

tobythecat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
but if you look at it the other way around it must be incredibly frustrating for women who just happen not to be as smoking hot as their friend.
Statistically the average, ubiquitous woman(not smoking hot) has the same sexual appeal as a famous, particularly handsome man. Frustration behind percieved quality of opportunity is childish in comparison to frustration behind actual quantity of opportunity.
I don't really sympathize with women's frustration in this area, because quite frankly the only major hurdle for 95% of women lies in their own preferences, whereas most men deemed unattractive are done so for reasons largely out of their control.